[Guide] Increase Galaxy Y Duos Internal Memory

Search This thread

Hazem442

Mar 27, 2014
Percy@cm kernel Is for Galaxy Y ...not For duos :)

and Its not working stucked at Compact kernels logo...Tryd many tyms but still the same...
Post Video Tutorial... :)

so when you enter cwm what you found in mounts and storage
if you found Mount /Sd-ext
that mean the sd-ext not mounted then try to mount if it gave error ten you have a problem with sd-ext system so
you need to format it gain but with CWM so take a backup of your data on sdcard and try again then report
couz if it isn't mounted the you will always stuck at compact logo as the script cant find sd-ext patition

Himan Boro

Jul 31, 2013
Guwahati
so when you enter cwm what you found in mounts and storage
if you found Mount /Sd-ext
that mean the sd-ext not mounted then try to mount if it gave error ten you have a problem with sd-ext system so
you need to format it gain but with CWM so take a backup of your data on sdcard and try again then report
couz if it isn't mounted the you will always stuck at compact logo as the script cant find sd-ext patition

well i dint find any Sd ext even aftr Partitioning my Sd card

patri3x

Jul 27, 2013
Milky Way
What will I do with extra space?

Suppose I do manage to get 1GB or say 5GB, what am I supposed to do with it? I mean who installs 1 GB worth apps on SGYD? well at this moment I have installed 30 apps[30% of it are heavy and resource demanding ] on my SGYD[xduosv3] with iduos kernel [and obviously Link2sd] but still I have around 62 MB internal storage free. Plus my ROM is 80% odexed and I have kept memory hogging or apps which requires continuous read and write memory on internal so that my memory card wont wear out easily.

No I am not against this post but question remains is it really necessary to do it?

If yes then please do so or you know...

:mad:

I may publish a full detailed guide on xduosv3 [on what to do and what not to do to get maximum performance out of it] but my mind says it may not be necessary as most of us have already figured out how to get best out of this ROM...

:cowboy:

Last edited:

Hazem442

Mar 27, 2014
Suppose I do manage to get 1GB or say 5GB, what am I supposed to do with it? I mean who installs 1 GB worth apps on SGYD? well at this moment I have installed 30 apps[30% of it are heavy and resource demanding ] on my SGYD[xduosv3] with iduos kernel [and obviously Link2sd] but still I have around 62 MB internal storage free. Plus my ROM is 80% odexed and I have kept memory hogging or apps which requires continuous read and write memory on internal so that my memory card wont wear out easily.

No I am not against this post but question remains is it really necessary to do it?

If yes then please do so or you know...

:mad:

I may publish a full detailed guide on xduosv3 [on what to do and what not to do to get maximum performance out of it] but my mind says it may not be necessary as most of us have already figured out how to get best out of this ROM...

:cowboy:

You are right for some it isn't nessesary but for others it is as they need more space for apps and l'm one of them i have about 500 mb apps now how do you think i ann install them on only 170 mb if we supposed that the rom won't take any space of the internal memory and i really the "Low Memory" message is annoying so you still thinking it is not necessary:confused:
I don"t think so :D

ZindaqI

Mar 24, 2013
Slam alykom
hello man :)
how are you :)

i wanna say that i hate that massage too (Low Memory) and lags :eek:
but i dont like CM or other roms , becuase they lags , have bugs ( because they build them on old Version of Gingerbread )
so i like Stock roms .

but thank you :)

and if you need help tell me :)

Hazem442

Mar 27, 2014
Slam alykom
hello man :)
how are you :)

i wanna say that i hate that massage too (Low Memory) and lags :eek:
but i dont like CM or other roms , becuase they lags , have bugs ( because they build them on old Version of Gingerbread )
so i like Stock roms .

but thank you :)

and if you need help tell me :)
Wa alykom al salam
Hi bro yep you are right
But not all roms has bugs and if there the developer do his best to fix it
And there is no bugs as i think in XDuosv3
Yes tbere is in cm as it wasn't build for sgyd but it is ported and dat what we face with ported roms:p:p

Last edited:

patri3x

Jul 27, 2013
Milky Way
You are right for some it isn't nessesary but for others it is as they need more space for apps and l'm one of them i have about 500 mb apps now how do you think i ann install them on only 170 mb if we supposed that the rom won't take any space of the internal memory and i really the "Low Memory" message is annoying so you still thinking it is not necessary:confused:
I don"t think so :D

Are you kidding me? You are using Xduosv3 which already provides link2sd and you are talking about low memory. Well 500 Mb apps you talking about does it mean including system apps? or you are talking about total apps with their unnecessary data? Listen mate most of the apps[90% of user apps] are SD card push-able. We only use superuser powers to transfer few apps like whatsapp/Hangouts/google services to SD card[and we dont need any scipt for it]. And link2sd suffices for that purpose[specially about xduosv3].

Now why I questioned this post, because I just don't find it convincing that's it. Xduosv3 is best tasted with iduos kernel and link2sd and semiodexed[with script to odex just odex system and data apps].

Last edited:

masanamuthu

Apr 15, 2014
pollachi
I did partition my 8 gb sdcard for increase system storage. Now i want to clear partition & retain my fully 8 gb sd card. How can i get that??

Sent from my GT-S6102 using XDA Free mobile app

Hazem442

Mar 27, 2014
I did partition my 8 gb sdcard for increase system storage. Now i want to clear partition & retain my fully 8 gb sd card. How can i get that??

1- Open the Ext Manager And Remove script
2- tow ways
to unmount sd-card then from settings format sd-card
to use Mini Tool Partition wizard and make it 8 gb again
But Don't Forget To backup data on sd first

masanamuthu

Apr 15, 2014
pollachi
Im havng minitool partition. What is the procedure for retain original memory

ammad368

Jan 30, 2013
Islamabad
pleaase upload tutorial video, i did everything what you written but my phone is not rebooting automatically after flashing ext-s and procedure after that ......
please give us the video tutorial ......

Sep 15, 2015
quezon
this is cool i tried it :)
but i have problem i cannot open my messaging it have (com.messaging something and force close
what can i do i tried many times to wipe the cache partition

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All
    I'm Gonna show you How to increase galaxy y duos internal memory couz it's only 170 mb and that's annoying thanks To SAMSUNG
    in this TuT You Will Be able To Put the Size That You Want for my I made it 1GB
    OK let's start
    what we need is Deodexed rom with init.d support
    i'm using XDuosV3 v2.0
    Tanks To Kenjboy
    and Compact Kernel V1.3
    Thanks To Deadly
    and Of course Amarullz for his Script
    so let's start after install deodexed rom and Compact Kernel

take off your sdcard and backup your data and don't forgot nandroid backup
    and use any program to divide sdcard into two parts
    1st Fat32 for your data
    2nd Ext2 or Ext3
    like this
    1VZxXX.bmp

then put this file to your sdcard an flash it don't forgot to mount system
    Ext-S
    after that reboot phone
    and open drawer you will find app called Ext Manager
    VeELzO.png

Open It
    2rtRgZ.png

and press Remove All Methode then give su permission and it will take about 30 sec and the phone will reboot
    then inter recovery mod of compact kernel 1.3 and format sd-ext from mounts and restore
    after phone will open so open Ext Manager Again and press Install Amarullz
    wait 30 sec and will reboot again after phone open if you got messages Force Close or any other Just Wipe Cache and will Be OK
    Screen Shots
    OWe8b9.png

qcTRUy.png

807Tw6.png

Now I Have 1GB Memory on My Galaxy Y Duos For All Apps I want
    Ok..i wil try and u should give the lists of kernel on Which this Method Works...

Compact kernel
    Percy@cm 7.2
    work perfectly no lag
    But IDuos didn't work
    And I used compact as it automatically mouth ext partition so it doesn't take long to load apps from ext partition
    awesome,i have the same rom and kernel,so i try fore sure,thanx!
    try it it's really cool;) ;)
    Link pls bro

link for what