Battery is not connected.

Search This thread

jbrdr985

Aug 29, 2010
Please help me here lol. Just got this message starting today and my battery is about to die. I plug it in the charger and it won't charge and I get that message. I didn't do anything different today. Flashed voodoo a couple days ago.

Help!

aero1

Jul 22, 2008
Please help me here lol. Just got this message starting today and my battery is about to die. I plug it in the charger and it won't charge and I get that message. I didn't do anything different today. Flashed voodoo a couple days ago.
Help!
Good chance it is a bad battery. I just had it happen with two EBAY "oem" G7 (certainly counterfeits in my Epic). Sprint support said this is indicator of bad battery. It is actually specifically in the manual of the Galaxies. eg see page 8 here: http://www.wirelesszone.com/admin/uploads/11452192014c8f6de50ea6a.pdf

I swapped out to genuine batteries and both worked and both ebay batteries gave me the "battery is not connected."

jbrdr985

Aug 29, 2010
Good chance it is a bad battery. I just had it happen with two EBAY "oem" G7 (certainly counterfeits in my Epic). Sprint support said this is indicator of bad battery. It is actually specifically in the manual of the Galaxies. eg see page 8 here: http://www.wirelesszone.com/admin/uploads/11452192014c8f6de50ea6a.pdf

I swapped out to genuine batteries and both worked and both ebay batteries gave me the "battery is not connected."

I doubt it's a bad battery. I was reading through the voodoo lagfix thread and more than a few people got that error after flashing voodoo.

aero1

Jul 22, 2008
I doubt it's a bad battery. I was reading through the voodoo lagfix thread and more than a few people got that error after flashing voodoo.
I see two people total out of perhaps hundreds. to me that makes it almost a certainty they have a bad battery. Ebay batteries are proably 1/20 to 1/50 bad and eve stock batteries in the phones probably have a qc problem of 1/1000

I have bought four ebay batteries and two are giving that exact same message on 100% stock phoens.

m1cawber

Oct 16, 2010
im getting this same message on a brand new samsung fascinate ordered through amazon. have only installed clockwork mod and a few apps..

mypantsaretorn

Oct 7, 2006
I also get that message on a brand new fascinate with root. I plugged the phone into my car charger this morning and it worked and it was working at my office...weird...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
They are NOT bad batteries.

Sheesh. There is a kernel bug doing it.

thatdudebutch

Jun 28, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.twitter.com

burningembers

Sep 11, 2010
So how do I make it go away?

Me personally, and YMMV, I reflashed (is that the right term?) the voodoo 0.2 lagfix kernel I was using and it seemed to cause the issue to happen *less*.

When it does happen now, it seems to remedy itself if I do a battery pull, power-up, wait until I'm at the homescreen and everything is loaded, then do a power-down/power-up (reboot) - all without being plugged in via USB.

After that, the message seems to go away. Minor nuisance.

I saw in another forum that the 1200 voodoo kernel does not have this issue, I cannot verify this myself though.

newtype06

Oct 8, 2010
Ohio
Trust me when I say it is a bad battery. I have my fascinate completely stock (virgin), I ordered a battery off of ebay that gives me that message when I plug in my charge cable or sync cable. Doesn't do it with the stock battery :p
Logic my friends.

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
Trust me when I say it is a bad battery. I have my fascinate completely stock (virgin), I ordered a battery off of ebay that gives me that message when I plug in my charge cable or sync cable. Doesn't do it with the stock battery :p
Logic my friends.

You have no clue. If they are stock....maybe its a bad battery. Maybe.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Jodiuh

Sep 7, 2010
I no longer have the problem. All I did was use rom manager and download both jts 11/16 lv voodoo kernel and superclean rom. No more message.