[Q] Downgrading Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300) from 4.3 to 4.1.2

Search This thread

featherknox

Aug 30, 2012
Badin
Dear friends I recently installed I9300XXUGMJ9_I9300VFGGMJ5_VDI_2.tar (Android 4.3) on my Galaxy S III International version. But as we know the firmware is full of messy bugs I just installed the old 4.1.2 firmware from Samsmobile and kies too.. But the problem is that I can't access my network. There seems to be only emergency calls... Can you guys get me this problem fixed? Is there any way to downgrade my phone to old 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I desperately require some help.

lalit12x

Nov 25, 2012
yes ..u have to flash modem

Dear friends I recently installed I9300XXUGMJ9_I9300VFGGMJ5_VDI_2.tar (Android 4.3) on my Galaxy S III International version. But as we know the firmware is full of messy bugs I just installed the old 4.1.2 firmware from Samsmobile and kies too.. But the problem is that I can't access my network. There seems to be only emergency calls... Can you guys get me this problem fixed? Is there any way to downgrade my phone to old 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I desperately require some help.

flash this modem xxemj4.....google it.....or u can try imperium 4.1.2 rom :)

Last edited:

featherknox

Aug 30, 2012
Badin
Looking For 4.1.2

In fact I was looking for a solution to switch back to Custom 4.1.2 as it was the perfect ROM so far for me.
I have downloaded it from Sammobile but after Installing it via Odin I am unable to see any network and the Phone's IMIE is changed. I would greatly appreciate anyone to come up with solution for that....
Thanks everyone for being so kind...

sebastel23

Jan 6, 2013
highdelberg
In fact I was looking for a solution to switch back to Custom 4.1.2 as it was the perfect ROM so far for me.
I have downloaded it from Sammobile but after Installing it via Odin I am unable to see any network and the Phone's IMIE is changed. I would greatly appreciate anyone to come up with solution for that....
Thanks everyone for being so kind...

read JJEgan's response.

DO IT!

featherknox

Aug 30, 2012
Badin
Was it helpful?

I had the same problem, and all I did was to get to cm 10.2 before moving back to 4.1.2 stock

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

I also tried to install the CM via its official Windows Application. When it completed there was no network again... Can you provide me the link of the ROM that you installed? Is it Zipaligned?

Peter1234

Apr 12, 2007
Dublin

Check your IMEI number, wheather it was changed to 0049XXXX - I have had the same problem. I downloaded from Sammobile firmware v4.3 and flash your phone with odin. My IMEI and network connection was restored. Looks like Samsung does not like us to downgrade the firmwares.

featherknox

Aug 30, 2012
Badin

featherknox

Aug 30, 2012
Badin
Solution.....

Hello guys....
I am very thankful to the xda forum and all the members who helped me to get through a serious problem..
Recently I installed 4.3 Leaked version on my GT-I9300 and the ROM proved to be worst ROM of life. So I decided to go back to 4.1.2.
I installed the custom ROM via Odin but I confronted a serious issue, when I was finished the installation I found that there was no network at all... Samsung's official told me that it is impossible to reverse the Android version...
I had no clue what to do. I flashed many ROMs but no solution at all. My IMIE was also kinda jumbled..
Many guys said it is EFS issue... But it is not EFS issue...
It is all because of different Modem issue.. all you need to do is just install a clean custom ROM from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/ and Install the patched modem... you are done..
So here is the solution:
1. Download your desired CUSTOM ROM for your Country from Sammobile...
Link http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/
2. Install the ROM via Odin
3. Root it and Install your favorite recovery.
4. Install the Patched MG4 Modem Zip in Recovery Mode. Link https://www.dropbox.com/s/geispctijp...9300XXEMG4.zip
You are done....
This problem is all about MODEM version, so I don't think if EFS tricks are involved here.....
Finally credits go to all the XDA Members who put their heart and soul to present all the required guidance for me to be able to downgrade to lower Android Version.. I have only compiled the whole stuff into a single thread....
Thanks,,,

Reactions: sanketss84

featherknox

Aug 30, 2012
Badin
Plenty of solutions....

Its not a problem if users care to read the faqs and guides first .

Dear sir,
Actually the problem is not finding the solutions but finding the right solution.
Worth members of XDA Forum post a lot of solutions for a particular problem and thus newbies like me get even more confused... So it definitely takes some time for us to come to a point when we are able to get the desired results.
Sometimes, we are not able to clarify our queries.....
As in my problem only a Modem was required while I was looking for EFS solutions!

featherknox

Aug 30, 2012
Badin
After Flashing the MG4 modem my battery life has become worst. I don't know if it is because of the Modem.. but whenever my phone is on airplane mode then the battery remains at the same percentage but while on network my battery keeps on draining without even texting or calling

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts