Motorola Gallery app updated

Search This thread

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
An update to the Motorola Gallery app was just released on the play store. It is for 4.4 users only. So far it appears it might be a decent update to the Gallery app.

It is very encouraging to see the constant improvements from the Motorola engineering team on the various apps that make the Moto X the great experience that it is. Keep up the great work!

rman18

Nov 18, 2010
Wow. I just was able to uninstall quickpic because of this. Also Navigation and Status bar are transparent when viewing pictures now in Gallery.

gskelter

Jun 11, 2012
This new gallery looks really nice.

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

laur3n.newm4n

Dec 21, 2010
Manchester, NH
Its a nice update. Wish it had an option for a dark theme though

Phone: Moto X
ROM: 4.4 Stock w/ Root
Xposed: GravityBox & App Settings
Service: T-Mobile
Android Stuff: http://ozzygeek.tumblr.com

I think you'll see many apps without a dark theme these days. Most of Google's own apps have picked up a light, card UI theme, so most devs will probably pick that up as the standard. Dark is nice for AMOLED like the Moto X though, so I agree with you.

D

Deleted member 2351944

I like the update but why in the name of all that's holy does this/the stock image editor still not have a RESIZE function?!?!

Can I please just downsize stuff before I email it so I don't have to wait for my 2+ MB image to upload?

That's the only reason QuickPic is still on my phone.

fury683

Dec 20, 2010
MSP
I like the update but why in the name of all that's holy does this/the stock image editor still not have a RESIZE function?!?!

Can I please just downsize stuff before I email it so I don't have to wait for my 2+ MB image to upload?

That's the only reason QuickPic is still on my phone.

Almost more annoying, there is a photo editor app, but it doesn't have a resize option. And it's not available when viewing the image. If you have a single image open you can press the three dots and get crop/rotate options. If you are in the "camera roll" view (tiles of pictures) and long press on one, then tap the three dots, there is an edit menu. It has crop/rotate options, along with a ton of filters/effects, but nothing for resizing.

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Along with a dark theme option, I would really love the option to choose which tab to be opened by default when running the gallery. I'd love to see the "albums" page to fire up upon opening gallery!

Exactly, that was the only thing I didn't like about the new gallery.

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk

hawk1500

Apr 12, 2008
Does this still not sync with Picasa Web Albums? I think I downloaded the dev edition gallery and it looks similar to this and syncs with Picasa and gives you the stock camera app too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    An update to the Motorola Gallery app was just released on the play store. It is for 4.4 users only. So far it appears it might be a decent update to the Gallery app.

It is very encouraging to see the constant improvements from the Motorola engineering team on the various apps that make the Moto X the great experience that it is. Keep up the great work!
    Along with a dark theme option, I would really love the option to choose which tab to be opened by default when running the gallery. I'd love to see the "albums" page to fire up upon opening gallery!

Can someone post the APK please, thanks!

*EDIT*

Here is the apk if anyone needs it.

http://d-h.st/BKh