[Q] need help rooting please

Search This thread

bls2633

Jan 16, 2011
Baltimore
i have downloaded the chainfire file. I watched a video where the guy did it on a sprint model. I put the zip file on my desktop, made a new folder and moved the contents into the new folder. now he uses odin 1.85 and in my folder its 3.07. also he said only the auto reboot box should be checked and mine has that and also the f reset time box checked and i cant uncheck it. Im not sure what to do here, I could really use some help here as this is my only night with the computer for a while and I really would like to root this ting tonight. I appreciate any help. thanks.

I will be sure to hit thanks

i have odin 1.85 and the latest tar file form chaifire , if I use odin 1.85 and put the tar file in only the auto reeboot box is checked and the file goes in the correct spot. can I just do it that way and hit start or will i be missing something?

Last edited:

edyny1

Sep 9, 2011
When I rooted my s3 I clicked on pda and once the .tar file got added everything was done automatically. After that all I had to do was put the su zip into my sd card and flashed it thru recovery and done.

Reactions: bls2633

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use 3.07 or 3.09. Leave defaults alone. There are tons of guides here for using odin if you need more help.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    When I rooted my s3 I clicked on pda and once the .tar file got added everything was done automatically. After that all I had to do was put the su zip into my sd card and flashed it thru recovery and done.