[APP] [Live Wallpaper] Motion Timer Live Wallpaper

Search This thread

xeeshan

Aug 24, 2004
Karachi
Installed it and then set as wallpaper but no balls are displayed. Also there are no settings on the wallpaper. Am i missing something here?

Juan Kerr

Jul 3, 2011
Xee,

You should see some balls appear when you tap the screen.
When you get 32 balls on the screen subsequent taps cause mini-explosions.
It's a very simple wallpaper, so no settings yet. I might find something to set when I update it.

Obartuckc,

At the moment, nothing happens when you shake it :)
It responds to the accelerometer by changing the direction of gravity on all the balls.
I could look into triggering something on a shake ... what would you like it to do?

Cheers,
-=JK=-

Obartuckc

May 29, 2009
St. Petersburg, FL
I like what you've done with it thus far, whatever you do can only make it more awesome! I really like how if you add a new ball on top of others they sort of fling out...perhaps shaking it could make them pop or sort of explode? That'd be neat. Whatever you decide, keep up the good work!

- Sent from my Motorola Atrix 4G -

TheCreat

Jun 15, 2011
I would've loved to see the video, but apparently you've used some music from EMI and they've blocked the video because of it. Could you reupload it without the (alleged) copyright infringing music track?

Reactions: Juan Kerr

Spauldio

Dec 4, 2007
Burlington
Very Nice, but once all of the balls have reached the top or bottom of the screen there is nothing going on.
Could the ball toggle their state after they have been at the top or bottom a certain amount of time?
For example: after a blue ;)dropper is at the bottom for x seconds, it becomes a green :Dfloater and floats upwards and vice versa.

Juan Kerr

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys, great to hear.

Spauldio,

When you change homescreens the gravity should switch ... which will make all the balls start to fall and float again!

Cheers,
-=JK=-

PS - I'm using the onOffsetsChanged method to accmplish this behaviour - http://developer.android.com/reference/android/service/wallpaper/WallpaperService.Engine.html#onOffsetsChanged(float, float, float, float, int, int)

- but it seems a little inconsistent in when it's called ... sometimes called on "half" changes to the homescreen. Haven't been able to figure out how to make it robust ... I just switch the gravity flag when it's called.

Juan Kerr

Jul 3, 2011
Version 1.1 !!!

Updated to version 1.1

I've kind of combined suggestions from Obartuckc and Spauldio. I've added a shake control, so that when you shake it gravity is switched and the balls all start flowing up and down again.

Hope this goes down well :)

Cheers,
-=JK=-

Juan Kerr

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks NickHu!

I haven't noticed any difference in battery usage to previous live wallpapers I have used.

Is there some benchmark I can use to gauge battery usage of my app?

-=JK=-

Top Liked Posts