[Q] Unable to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

tonysimonhere

Mar 19, 2010
I have used windroid htc one x+ toolkit to unlock bootloader.
It shows a dialogue saying bootloader is unlocked . But in the phone it still shows a locked screen and also showing as s-off
I have root and i am able to use titanium backup.
I have also tried to flash twrp recovery.. but not able to do so.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction..

Attachments

• DSC02068.jpg
    DSC02068.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 793

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
It shows a dialogue saying bootloader is unlocked . But in the phone it still shows a locked screen and also showing as s-off

Try manually follow the instructions from htcdev and let us know which part fails........

Last edited:
Reactions: tonysimonhere

tonysimonhere

Mar 19, 2010
Try manually follow the instructions from htcdev and let us know which part fails........

Thank you ..
I was able to flash twrp using Rom toolbox.
now I have twrp but the bootloader still shows as locked.
I tried to install a custom Rom but failed because of my own mistake.. today I will try once more to flash a Rom.
will post it's result..

I think I read somewhere that soff devices can't be unlocked..is this true

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
Thank you ..
I was able to flash twrp using Rom toolbox.
now I have twrp but the bootloader still shows as locked.
I tried to install a custom Rom but failed because of my own mistake.. today I will try once more to flash a Rom.
will post it's result..

I think I read somewhere that soff devices can't be unlocked..is this true

I dont think so....

Can u try using HTC dev and report back....

NOTE UNLOCKING WILL WIPE ALL UR DATA AND SDCARD STUFF FROM UR PHONE....

SO BACKUP

ethanon

Aug 21, 2010
You can definitely Unlock it using the HTCDEV process , I have a done this. Any ways if you are able to flash a ROM then there is no reason to get it Unlocked, more over S-OFF gives you full control over the device but again it also increases the risk of getting your phone bricked so make sure you use it wisely (knowing what you flash) , so I will say why to beg HTC for some thing they have already provided.

One more thing S-OFF device means you dont need to flash boot.img separately so you dont need to use your PC to flash roms no more.

Waiting to know about your progress on flashing the ROM ..

Last edited:

tonysimonhere

Mar 19, 2010
You can definitely Unlock it using the HTCDEV process , I have a done this. Any ways if you are able to flash a ROM then there is no reason to get it Unlocked, more over S-OFF gives you full control over the device but again it also increases the risk of getting your phone bricked so make sure you use it wisely (knowing what you flash) , so I will say why to beg HTC for some thing they have already provided.

One more thing S-OFF device means you dont need to flash boot.img separately so you dont need to use your PC to flash roms no more.

I have now successfully flashed a Rom..initially I tried it without flashing the boot.img and it entered a boot loop.
Then I installed flashify and flashed boot.img that came with the Rom. Then the Rom is working now.
The boot loader is still locked. Has twrp .

Reactions: ethanon

ethanon

Aug 21, 2010
I have now successfully flashed a Rom..initially I tried it without flashing the boot.img and it entered a boot loop.
Then I installed flashify and flashed boot.img that came with the Rom. Then the Rom is working now.

so you mean to say you failed to install the boot.img from the custom recovery ? well that is weird, one more thing since you were in boot loop how did you manage to install flashiffy !

if you may please include the complete flashing steps , will be helpful for my experiments.

Last edited:

tonysimonhere

Mar 19, 2010
so you mean to say you failed to install the boot.img from the custom recovery ? well that is weird, one more thing since you were in boot loop how did you manage to install flashiffy !

if you may please include the complete flashing steps , will be helpful for my experiments.

Initially I flashed the Rom alone and it went into bootloop and all buttons became unresponsive .so I waited till the battery ran out and the phone switched off. Then I recharged , entered recovery by vol down + power button.. I had the backup there . So I restored back up.. then phone rebooted normally.. and I flashed boot.img by flashify just because I didn't know any other method... Then from recovery I wiped dalvik cache and system .. flashed the new Rom.. reeboot and fine..
Feel free to ask for any more clarification..:)

Reactions: ethanon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Initially I flashed the Rom alone and it went into bootloop and all buttons became unresponsive .so I waited till the battery ran out and the phone switched off. Then I recharged , entered recovery by vol down + power button.. I had the backup there . So I restored back up.. then phone rebooted normally.. and I flashed boot.img by flashify just because I didn't know any other method... Then from recovery I wiped dalvik cache and system .. flashed the new Rom.. reeboot and fine..
    Feel free to ask for any more clarification..:)