[Q] Help Bypassing Pattern Lock

Search This thread

CrazyClasher

Aug 8, 2014
Need a little help here. I have the AT&T HTC One, and I'm pattern locked out of it. I got in trouble and my parents "grounded" me for a month by changing the pattern. That way I can still receive calls but can't text or do anything else on the phone. Unfortunately my dad is pretty tech-savvy and also changed my Google account password, so I can't unlock it that way.

Is there any way that I can get in, or am I just locked out? Unfortunately USB debugging isn't turned on on the phone, so I haven't been able to ADB into it. I also need to get in without losing any of my data. If anyone can help please let me know.

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Need a little help here. I have the AT&T HTC One, and I'm pattern locked out of it. I got in trouble and my parents "grounded" me for a month by changing the pattern. That way I can still receive calls but can't text or do anything else on the phone. Unfortunately my dad is pretty tech-savvy and also changed my Google account password, so I can't unlock it that way.

Is there any way that I can get in, or am I just locked out? Unfortunately USB debugging isn't turned on on the phone, so I haven't been able to ADB into it. I also need to get in without losing any of my data. If anyone can help please let me know.

LOL, that's what you get for being naughty.

only way to disable it is to go into the bootloader and factory reset, but that's going to wipe your data too, other than that, wait till your un-grounded and get the pattern off your dad.

Philipp_94

Nov 29, 2012
Leipzig
Just flash another rom. Pictures music etc will be saved. You just lose the text messages and app data which isn't saved on the SD card partition. That's what I would do.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Well that's the M7's downside: It doesn't have an SD Card slot.

he wasn't referring to an sd card slot but to the sdcard partition (/sdcard) which is a symlink for /data/media/0

Lets say your BL is already unlocked and like above, your dad change your pattern code, you can simply re-flash the rom (/system partition) and your /data/media/0 will not be wiped. So yeah, it's a way to "bypass" the unknown pattern without loosing any user data.

If your bootloader is locked then it's another story since /data/media/0 will be wiped during the BL unlock in your attempt to reflash your /system partition. That will still get you rid of the unknown pattern but also all your files... :eek: