[ROM] Stock AT&T 1.58 Deodexed

Search This thread

FernandoR211

Mar 9, 2012
The word "firmware" is rather generalized and can apply to any type of program code flashed to a device. Don't feel dumb, because the term "firmware" is sometimes used on XDA interchangeably with the word ROM.

But their are other times when folks talk about "the firmware" (such as in posts 5 and 6 above) to mean "the other modules that are included in the 1.58 OTA aside from the ROM". I haven't looked at this particular firmware zip, but they can typically contain: hboot, kernel, radio, WiFi, media and possibly other modules.

These other modules are typically not needed to run a particular ROM. But it might be argued, if they cared enough to change them, there might be something in there worth installing.

Personally, I'm rarely in the practice up updating the firmware packages, and have only rarely seen it make much difference.

From what I can tell that firmware link is linking to a corrupt zip file at this point. it contains nothing lol.

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
Don't dirty flash this one over stock. This is deodexed so it will screw things up. Been busy with getting the badseed Rom ready but I should have time to do an odexed version this weekend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Apparently with kit Kat all you need to do to deodex is remove the .odex files . Otherwise you break art

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

From what I can tell that firmware link is linking to a corrupt zip file at this point. it contains nothing lol.

android info txt - modelid: 0P6B12000
cidnum: CWS__001
mainver: 1.58.502.1
btype:1
aareport:1
hbootpreupdate:12

from firmare zip contains radio hboot adsp rpm etc and was not corrupt when i downloaded it

miller_kid

Dec 7, 2012
Tampa Bay
1.58 odex is uploading now. sorry for the delay. Has an issue with com.android.system has stopped once on boot. this is because of carrier iq. Does not affect rom in any way. Just an annoyance. I left carrier IQ in to stay stock. You can remove it and kill the error with the mod from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726540

Link will be up when upload finishes.

FernandoR211

Mar 9, 2012
Found a possible issue with this Rom. The stock calculator keeps crashing when trying to launch. Gives the message "Unfortunately, calculator has stopped." I haven't done much for troubleshooting to be honest.

Currently s-off, rooted, and the WiFi hack applied.

Will try to reflash and do the firmware update. This weekend unless someone else has the same problems..

FernandoR211

Mar 9, 2012
I can confirm the calculator app does crash on opening . So far thats the only real issue I have found about this Rom , as of yet .

Agreed. I have tried it in both the deodexed and odexed versions. I checked every app and that is the only one that seems to have an issue crashing. WIll switch to the Bad Seed Customs next to see if it was resolved in his release there.

FernandoR211

Mar 9, 2012
The badseeds custom Rom fixed the calculator issue, but I ended up switching to skyfall. Didn't like the font changes, but those who like badseeds work it is still an amazing Rom.

pokedroid

Apr 21, 2010
man I really need this but AFH is acting up right now. guess my phone's soft bricked until the servers finish updating. thanks for posting this OP hope I get a chance to grab it tomorrow.

paniro187

Sep 19, 2010
I want to flash this but I wonder if I am delete bloat and it not reinstall when I reboot.,..

penpen72

Mar 2, 2008
Google Pixel 4 XL
help

I've been on the gpe rom and I'm wanting to flash this. I've tried the deodexed. It shows successful but boots me into recovery. I'm getting ready to try the odexed version. I'm doing complete wipes but it just won't go.

CanuckinPA

Nov 28, 2010
State College, PA
Need Some Help ASAP!

1.58 odex is uploading now. sorry for the delay. Has an issue with com.android.system has stopped once on boot. this is because of carrier iq. Does not affect rom in any way. Just an annoyance. I left carrier IQ in to stay stock. You can remove it and kill the error with the mod from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726540

Link will be up when upload finishes.

I need help. Wiped my data/cache and flashed the deodexed ROM and The Carrier IQ zip using TWRP. On reboot I get the HTC screen and then the phone shuts down. :confused:

I can't get into recovery using power/vol-. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a stock bloated Rom for anyone that wants it. Feel free to use as a base.

*Deodexed
    *Rooted
    *Busybox
    *init.d support
    *Removed Carrier IQ
    *Unsecure boot image
    *@flar2 r/w and s2s mods

DOWNLOAD:

ATT_1.58_STOCK_ROOTED_DEODEXED.zip

ATT_1.58_STOCK_ROOTED_ODEXED.zip
    OK I feel dumb. Whats the difference between the Rom and the Firmware?

The word "firmware" is rather generalized and can apply to any type of program code flashed to a device. Don't feel dumb, because the term "firmware" is sometimes used on XDA interchangeably with the word ROM.

But their are other times when folks talk about "the firmware" (such as in posts 5 and 6 above) to mean "the other modules that are included in the 1.58 OTA aside from the ROM". I haven't looked at this particular firmware zip, but they can typically contain: hboot, kernel, radio, WiFi, media and possibly other modules.

These other modules are typically not needed to run a particular ROM. But it might be argued, if they cared enough to change them, there might be something in there worth installing.

Personally, I'm rarely in the practice up updating the firmware packages, and have only rarely seen it make much difference.
    do you by any chance have the new firmware?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52672520

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Can you upload the untouched odexed version too please?

Sure. I'm a lillte busy today but I'll try to get it uploaded later today or tomorrow.

I reflashed the stock recovery for the OTA, but my rom backup already had some of the bloat taken out, and other apps updated. For instance, when I tried to run the OTA is said that Kindle was not as expected, since the update was integrated into the system rom. Would I then have to wait for the odexed version of your stock version, and then have the OTA included anyway?

The odex version I'm doing to full stock rooted this was it will take future updates.