[Q] Has anyone seen a Galaxy Nexus in the wild?

Search This thread

simplex123

Feb 21, 2008
Vancouver
A few of my friends have it and I've seen a few on the bus and at restaurants! They are out there! I am so sick of seeing iP4S' everywhere!!

case0

Feb 5, 2010
Twice, both on subway, a guy who seemed lost playing with it and a girl.....girls with nexus are hot

Powered by Galaxy Nexus™

They totally are. I saw an old friend recently and she has the Nexus One, and was checking out my phone because she wants to upgrade to the Galaxy Nexus.

Need to see her again..

sjankis630

Dec 22, 2011
I have seen none. Verizon Northern VA here. I usually don't go around showing off my phone so I would not notice it unless it was in the same company and probably inside as well.
When I bought mine in Reston VA, I mentioned to the guy that I had been waiting for it since last October - he said that they had sold all that they had in stock in every previous shipment (I waited about 2 weeks) and said that it was popular.
I have seen at least 2 dozen Razors though. (something about buy one phone get one free on Verizon), the numerous droids, and 10 million iphones.
I frequent UVA's campus about once every 6 weeks and see almost exlusively iphones, although I would expect their IT degree seekers are probably leaning more toward android at this point.
I have had 3 different people ask if my Galaxy Nexus was the "new iphone."
I have also never seen a Galaxy Note either.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
I've never seen a phone at the zoo in a cage or in the jungle. Sorry.

bow chicka wow wow.

delti90

Oct 13, 2007
I've seen a lot of them in the wild. A few of my friends have the Nexus, and I've counted 4 people in my math class with the phone and a few other people in some of my classes have it.

tsunami1609

Sep 5, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I've seen two Galaxy Nexii around campus and two Nexus S's running Ice Cream Sandwich. I have to fight the urge to go up to them and bump with their phones to pull off Android Beam. Something's telling me that I should keep fighting the urge though....:D

Android Beam aside, this is actually one thing I like/hate about the Galaxy Nexus: less people with it just makes it more unique. Part of me wants to be the few that has a phone this great, but the other part really wants others to experience what we do.

jasg001

Apr 21, 2012
My workplace started offering Androids last year and the gnex became an option a couple months ago. Definitely seeing more gnex's in the wild lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
I see a few sgs2 around but only myself and the misses have a gnex... Oddly enough I do see alot of HTC Desires or wildfires around... I did however make the misses recontract to get a gnex tho... Now there are two sensations collecting dust lol and a sgs2 as a dust cover..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

swiftyy

Apr 13, 2012
My friend has one but that doesn't really count hehe

Other than that I have not see another one out in public.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Ruxin

Apr 20, 2012
I know of at least a couple of people where I work that have Nexii based on conversations, but have never had the urge to ask to see them.

My younger brother has one, based on my recommendation (he loves it even though it's stock, and I don't think that will change)

And I have a friend who got one based on my best mate talking up my phone... even though my best mate doesn't have a Nexus.

As for random encounters, I'm yet to have one.

I did nearly try and convince some random woman in a phone shop to buy one... she was looking at an Android based on her boyfriend having one, and had heard good things about the S2. As soon as the salesman finished trying to sell her on the S2 and left her to consider, I almost walked over to offer my opinion...

oxeneers

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, Calif.
www.oxeneers.com
I go to San Francisco State University here in California, and it's predominantly iPhone users all over campus. However, I have seen quite a few Galaxy Nexii. But that's because I too have a problem "checking out" what phones people are using.

They're all Verizon versions, though.

actually one of the reasons i like my galaxy nexus so much.. no one else in the office has one, or very few at least.. everyone has the s2.. i like that my phone doesnt have a big logo blazened across the front..

I just gotta plus this post specially on the logo thing. It's like stealth mode on every time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AndIKnow

Apr 17, 2012
Melbourne
Nope. Seen a couple of HTCs, other Sammys but not a single GN. Millions of iPhones and their dumb self content owners.

Guess we are unique. And special.

dreamz0r

Dec 16, 2010
Göteborg
I've only seen mine, my flatmate's and another friend have a Nexus.
When I first ordered mine I had to wait for a long time before I got one since there were so many orders.. so where are all the wild phones?

AndIKnow

Apr 17, 2012
Melbourne
I've only seen mine, my flatmate's and another friend have a Nexus.
When I first ordered mine I had to wait for a long time before I got one since there were so many orders.. so where are all the wild phones?

iPhone owners are hoarding up on them just so their fellow iPhone users don't realize how dumb their phones are compared to the GN.

Top Liked Posts