[APPMOD][07.11.10] Brut Google Maps 4.6.0.4686-brut17

Search This thread

Brut.all

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
I must go to sleep now, so I'm uploading my work-in-progress. If someone is bored, he could download it and check voice feature. I didn't have time to test it well, will go for it tomorrow. Also I think I heard some issues, but anyway this is a great news, we will probably have quite good voice support soon :)

http://ul.to/pzkyj1/maps-brutdev.apk

Please use for english locale only (or disable force locale option). I didn't try this, but I guess if you change locale, it will read english directions with e.g. French TTS ;-) It's working version, you know :)

And don't repost it on hiapk, etc., please. It's better to wait for release.

cya tomorrow :)

Last edited:

squbel

Jan 2, 2009
I didn't have time to test it well, will go for it tomorrow. Also I think I heard some issues, but anyway this is a great news, we will probably have quite good voice support soon :)

Please use for english locale only (or disable force locale option). I didn't try this, but I guess if you change locale, it will read english directions with e.g. French TTS ;-) It's working version, you know :)
)

Geeez Brut.all !! You're tha MAN!!!

Just tested it around the town (Hamilton, New Zealand) for 20+ min -> works flawlessly !!! All voice instructions concise and on time!
Only one funny thing for now - AFAIR originally roundabouts were called and pronounced as "roundabout". Now it's "traffic circle". Not a problem at all but just a bit odd.

HaHaHaHa!!! You're a genius!

Ps. To trzeba oblac nastepnym piwem! Twoje zdrowie!

Last edited:

sikra

Jul 2, 2009
Thank you a lot for the version 12, would you please add proxy/api interface support just in case.

sikra

Jul 2, 2009
shift issue fix did not work well right now. It seems that google map recognize the location with connection ip and transfer different edition of map and shift value. Maybe a combination of a https proxy interface and the shift fix will finally settle it down.

:No-Frost:

Sep 4, 2009
Santiago
twitter.com
Brut.all!!!!! I'm very disappointed with you >=( ... ¬¬...

Naaaaaaah... Just kidding!!!! If I were a girl I would love you ^^...

Now, the only thing that bothers me a little bit (actually it's a really stupid thing so you don't have to pay attention at all on this) is that every time you release a new modded version I need to uninstall the previous one and then install the new one...

Is there a way to make it more like an incremental upgrade??? It's only because I'm a little bit lazy and I have to put my configuration all over again with every new install =D...

Well thats it... =D ... You don't have to do it if you don't want to as I don't really care about it.

Thanks a lot for all the work you've done =D...

PD: Testing the "release to test" version =D...

lookon

Jan 15, 2010
Ahh and I have a few words to our Chinese friends.

I got some messages from people from your country and I think you should try to organize yourself and cooperate more with the rest of the world. I know there are many of you and you don't have excellent English skills, so it's easier for you to separate and sit on your own forums, but this definitely isn't good for you all :)

Let's take, for example, this Buzz issue. It was here for some time and there was even fix for it - made by people from hiapk. Two bad things about it: firstly, no one tried to search for solution here, secondly, no one told rest of the world about the fix.

And there is this funny thread :) :

http://bbs.hiapk.com/viewthread.php?tid=226494

It's about latest brutmod, but most of people there probably don't know about XDA, my thread, etc. They thank thread author for this mod (no problem for me, really ;-) ), ask him why there is no Buzz and "map shift/drift" fix, someone even said that he have 3 versions of GM installed simultaneously to get full feature set - total chaos there.

I don't understand, why you don't find someone, who know English better and could translate. He would forward some more important informations, like new versions of my mod or reports of your issues. A week ago I didn't even know about your map shift problems! But I guess it is really pain in your asses.

Could someone translate this post and place it somewhere, for example in the thread linked above?

Someone has translated your post here: http://hiapk.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=232561&highlight=brut#

Hey Brut, I am from China, and I know xda :) I always check this forum. But most of users in China do not care who build the app. Anyway, great work!

nakeman

May 6, 2009
Hi Brut,

i come from Hong Kong China, and i think we owe you a "THANKS".
Please keep up your works; it's great.

BTW, the multi-touch works weird, it is always shrinking even you are trying to pinch it to expand. :eek:

Brut.all

Jul 27, 2009
Just tested it around the town (Hamilton, New Zealand) for 20+ min -> works flawlessly !!! All voice instructions concise and on time!

Glad to hear that :) I'm sure I don't add all data, that are sent from servers in native navigation (US/UK). My guess is in native there are for example voices when you are 400m from next turn and in this brutdev version there are only voices right before a turn. I must do some research on it :)

Ps. To trzeba oblac nastepnym piwem! Twoje zdrowie!

Dzięki! :)

shift issue fix did not work well right now. It seems that google map recognize the location with connection ip and transfer different edition of map and shift value.

I don't really know. From the beginning there were people asking about shift fix and others who claimed they don't have this issue - on both XDA and Hiapk. Even that guy, who was working on this issue and gave me tools to fix it, when downloaded brut12 has discovered, that everything is ok even with "location faking" option disabled. He was confused a little and then he discovered that he naturally don't have this issue at this moment.

All I know is: when your map is shifted, enabling "location faking" should fix this. Needless to say, if you don't have this issue right now and you will enable "location faking", your position will be broken... I think you will have to switch it from time to time (it would be hard to detect it automatically) or find an answer to, why sometimes this issue occurs and sometimes not. Maybe fix won't be needed soon.

Now, the only thing that bothers me a little bit (actually it's a really stupid thing so you don't have to pay attention at all on this) is that every time you release a new modded version I need to uninstall the previous one and then install the new one...

As I wrote in FAQ section I believe it's Android's issue. Someday I had this problem when I tried to update original Maps from Market, also I found issue report somewhere on Google sites - there were many people complaining. Since I moved from CM4.* to CM5.* I don't have this problem - on both original and modded GM.

You could try to search on internet, because it's not related with this version only. If you find something, let us know :)

Yeah, this "someone" is celloin from XDA :)

They've added that option? Where coz my latest brut.all maps doesn't have it. I don't think the official maps has it either. Brut.all can you plx hack in an option to avoid Toll Roads?^^ pretty please? :D

Just start navigation, then Menu -> Route info -> click on gears and you are there :)

BTW, the multi-touch works weird, it is always shrinking even you are trying to pinch it to expand. :eek:

Q: Multitouch still doesn't work even if I enabled it in BrutMod menu.
A: As description says, it may work, but may not. There are plenty of custom roms, each has different bits and sometimes GM disables MT even if it could use it normally. My mod could force it to enable, but it won't add MT support.

I guess you're on Donut? Prior to GM4.1 MT was working flawlessly on nearly all custom Donut roms, but then Google has broken something ( ;-) ), so MT become unusable. Seems it detects multitouch events, but there is no reaction or it is random.

It's on my TODO list, but has low priority.

FernandoMiguel

Aug 16, 2009
London
FernandoMiguel.net
lack of space

i was installing m4ps 4.2 in CM5.0.7-test5 and got a INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE

Code:
$ adb install -r maps4.2.0.4210-brut12.apk 
947 KB/s (4047351 bytes in 4.172s)
	pkg: /data/local/tmp/maps4.2.0.4210-brut12.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

Code:
# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                    95.8M         0     95.8M   0% /dev
tmpfs                     4.0M         0      4.0M   0% /sqlite_stmt_journals
/dev/block/mtdblock3     90.0M     84.8M      5.2M  94% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock5    295.8M     35.7M    260.0M  12% /data
/dev/block/loop0          4.1M      4.1M         0 100% /system/xbin
/dev/block/mtdblock4     80.0M     31.5M     48.5M  39% /cache
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2    151.9M     43.7M    100.4M  30% /sd-ext
/dev/block//vold/179:1
                          7.2G    388.9M      6.9G   5% /sdcard

Brut.all

Jul 27, 2009
i was installing m4ps 4.2 in CM5.0.7-test5 and got a INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE

Apps don't install themselves, package manager does it ;-) I don't know, how to create app, so it won't be installable because of storage problems :)

You could try to look into logcat.

FernandoMiguel

Aug 16, 2009
London
FernandoMiguel.net
Apps don't install themselves, package manager does it ;-) I don't know, how to create app, so it won't be installable because of storage problems :)

You could try to look into logcat.

here it is

Code:
D/LocationMasfClient(  135): getNetworkLocation(): Returning cache location with accuracy 1140.0
D/LocationManager(  507): removeUpdates: listener = com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.UpdateWeather$2@43e16ce8
D/AndroidRuntime( 2730): 
D/AndroidRuntime( 2730): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 2730): CheckJNI is OFF
D/AndroidRuntime( 2730): --- registering native functions ---
D/PackageParser(  135): Scanning package: /sd-ext/app/vmdl23471.tmp
D/dalvikvm(  135): GC freed 23784 objects / 1144208 bytes in 443ms
D/dalvikvm(  135): GC freed 7102 objects / 1217616 bytes in 450ms
D/dalvikvm(  135): GC freed 23122 objects / 1379304 bytes in 481ms
I/PackageManager(  135): Removing non-system package:brut.googlemaps
D/PackageManager(  135): Removing package brut.googlemaps
D/PackageManager(  135): Unregistered content provider: brut.googlemaps.LocalSuggestionProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.provider.LocalSuggestionProvider, isSyncable = false
com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.friends.FriendsAppWidgetProvider
D/PackageManager(  135):   Activities: com.google.android.maps.MapsActivity com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.gohome.GoHomeCreateShortcutActivity com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.gohome.GoHomeCreateShortcutActivityAlias com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.latitude.LatitudeCreateShortcutActivity com.google.googlenav.android.login.AndroidLoginActivitySdk4 com.google.googlenav.android.login.AndroidLoginActivitySdk5 com.google.googlenav.ui.wizard.android.EnterAddressActivity com.google.googlenav.android.friend.InviteActivity brut.gmm.BrutPreferenceActivity com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficAppWidgetConfigureActivity com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.friends.FriendsAppWidgetConfigureActivity com.google.googlenav.android.wallpaper.MapWallpaperSettingsActivity com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.NavigationActivity com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.SettingsActivity com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.SearchActivity com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.MarkerDetailsActivity
D/PackageManager(  135):   Permissions: brut.googlemaps.permission.REMOTE_INTENT
D/PackageManager(  135): Scanning package brut.googlemaps
D/PackageManager(  135): Shared UserID brut.googlemaps (uid=10081): packages=[PackageSetting{43e85e78 brut.googlemaps/10081}]
I/PackageManager(  135): /sd-ext/app/vmdl23471.tmp changed; unpacking
D/dalvikvm(  135): GC freed 35147 objects / 1569216 bytes in 516ms
D/PackageManager(  135): Caching shared lib lib/armeabi/libaddshift.so
W/PackageManager(  135): Failed to cache package shared libs
W/PackageManager(  135): java.io.IOException: Parent directory of file does not exist: /data/data/brut.googlemaps/lib/tmp23472tmp
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1263)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1330)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.cacheSharedLibLI(PackageManagerService.java:3018)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.cachePackageSharedLibsForAbiLI(PackageManagerService.java:2959)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.cachePackageSharedLibsLI(PackageManagerService.java:2983)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:2567)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.replaceNonSystemPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:4018)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.replacePackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:3987)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:4389)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.access$1600(PackageManagerService.java:112)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService$5.run(PackageManagerService.java:3861)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
W/PackageManager(  135): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)
W/PackageManager(  135): Package couldn't be installed in /sd-ext/app/brut.googlemaps.apk
W/System.err(  217): java.io.IOException: Is a directory
W/System.err(  217): 	at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.readImpl(Native Method)
W/System.err(  217): 	at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSFileSystem.read(OSFileSystem.java:158)
W/System.err(  217): 	at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:319)
W/System.err(  217): 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fillbuf(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
W/System.err(  217): 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:346)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.graphics.BitmapFactory.nativeDecodeStream(Native Method)
android.widget.RemoteViews$ReflectionAction.apply(RemoteViews.java:458)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.widget.RemoteViews.performApply(RemoteViews.java:925)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.widget.RemoteViews.reapply(RemoteViews.java:917)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.appwidget.AppWidgetHostView.updateAppWidget(AppWidgetHostView.java:196)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.appwidget.AppWidgetHost.updateAppWidgetView(AppWidgetHost.java:243)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.appwidget.AppWidgetHost$UpdateHandler.handleMessage(AppWidgetHost.java:72)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
W/System.err(  217): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)
W/System.err(  217): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
W/System.err(  217): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
W/System.err(  217): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)
W/System.err(  217): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
W/System.err(  217): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
D/skia    (  217): ---- read threw an exception
D/skia    (  217): --- SkImageDecoder::Factory returned null
I/System.out(  217): resolveUri failed on bad bitmap uri: 
D/PackageParser(  135): Scanning package: /sd-ext/app/vmdl23473.tmp
D/dalvikvm(  135): GC freed 39309 objects / 2709216 bytes in 480ms
D/dalvikvm(  135): GC freed 26416 objects / 1645896 bytes in 496ms
I/PackageManager(  135): /sd-ext/app/vmdl23473.tmp changed; unpacking
D/installd(  123): CheckZipAlign: --- END '/sd-ext/app/vmdl23473.tmp' (not needed) ---
D/installd(  123): DexInv: --- BEGIN '/sd-ext/app/vmdl23473.tmp' ---
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/GDataException;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/ConflictDetectedException;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/serializer/GDataSerializer;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/serializer/xml/XmlEntryGDataSerializer;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/serializer/xml/XmlBatchGDataSerializer;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/parser/GDataParser;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/parser/xml/XmlGDataParser;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/XmlUtils;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/ExtendedProperty;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/MediaEntry;' has an earlier definition; blocking out
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/GDataException;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/ConflictDetectedException;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/serializer/GDataSerializer;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/serializer/xml/XmlEntryGDataSerializer;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/serializer/xml/XmlBatchGDataSerializer;': multiple definitions
I/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not resolving ambiguous class 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/serializer/xml/XmlEntryGDataSerializer;'
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/parser/GDataParser;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/parser/xml/XmlGDataParser;': multiple definitions
I/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not resolving ambiguous class 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/parser/xml/XmlGDataParser;'
I/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not resolving ambiguous class 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/parser/xml/XmlGDataParser;'
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/client/GDataParserFactory;': multiple definitions
I/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not resolving ambiguous class 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/parser/xml/XmlParserFactory;'
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/Entry;': multiple definitions
I/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not resolving ambiguous class 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/Entry;'
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/MediaEntry;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/batch/BatchInterrupted;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/batch/BatchInfo;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/batch/BatchUtils;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/data/batch/BatchStatus;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/serializer/xml/XmlContactEntryGDataSerializer;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/serializer/xml/XmlGroupEntryGDataSerializer;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/parser/xml/XmlContactsGDataParser;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/parser/xml/XmlGroupEntryGDataParser;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/parser/xml/XmlContactsGDataParserFactory;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/parser/xml/XmlNametable;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/data/TypedElement;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/data/ContactsElement;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/data/ImAddress;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/data/PhoneNumber;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/data/ContactsFeed;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/data/CalendarLink;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/data/ExternalId;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata2/contacts/data/Organization;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: not verifying 'Lcom/google/wireless/gdata/client/HttpQueryParams;': multiple definitions
D/dalvikvm( 2738): VFY: dead code 0x0090-0090 in Lcom/google/android/maps/MapsActivity;.onCreate (Landroid/os/Bundle;)V
D/dalvikvm( 2738): DexOpt: load 1227ms, verify 8068ms, opt 454ms
D/installd(  123): DexInv: --- END '/sd-ext/app/vmdl23473.tmp' (success) ---
I/installd(  123): move /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/sd-ext@app@vmdl23473.tmp@classes.dex -> /sd-ext/dalvik-cache/sd-ext@app@brut.googlemaps.apk@classes.dex
D/PackageManager(  135): New package installed in /sd-ext/app/brut.googlemaps.apk
W/PackageManager(  135): Unknown permission com.android.providers.im.permission.READ_ONLY in package brut.googlemaps
W/PackageManager(  135): Unknown permission com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES in package brut.googlemaps
D/PackageManager(  135): Removing package brut.googlemaps
D/PackageManager(  135): Unregistered content provider: brut.googlemaps.LocalSuggestionProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.provider.LocalSuggestionProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Unregistered content provider: brut.googlemaps.SuggestionProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.suggest.android.SuggestProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Unregistered content provider: brut.googlemaps.SearchHistoryProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.provider.SearchHistoryProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Unregistered content provider: brut.googlemaps.FriendsProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.friend.FriendsProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Unregistered content provider: brut.googlemaps.LayerInfoProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.layer.LayerInfoProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Unregistered content provider: brut.googlemaps.NavigationAvailabilityProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.provider.NavigationAvailabilityProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Unregistered content provider: brut.googlemaps.TrafficProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135):   Providers: com.google.googlenav.android.provider.LocalSuggestionProvider com.google.googlenav.suggest.android.SuggestProvider com.google.googlenav.android.provider.SearchHistoryProvider com.google.googlenav.android.friend.FriendsProvider com.google.googlenav.android.layer.LayerInfoProvider com.google.googlenav.android.provider.NavigationAvailabilityProvider com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficProvider
D/PackageManager(  135):   Services: com.google.googlenav.friend.android.LocationFriendService com.google.googlenav.friend.android.BackgroundFriendService com.google.googlenav.android.networkinitiated.NetworkInitiatedService com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficAppWidgetUpdateService com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.friends.FriendsAppWidgetUpdateService com.google.googlenav.android.wallpaper.MapWallpaper com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.NavigationService
D/PackageManager(  135):   Receivers: com.google.googlenav.friend.android.ServiceReceiver com.google.googlenav.android.networkinitiated.NetworkInitiatedReceiver com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficAppWidget com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.friends.FriendsAppWidgetProvider
D/AndroidRuntime( 2730): Shutting down VM
D/dalvikvm( 2730): DestroyJavaVM waiting for non-daemon threads to exit
D/dalvikvm( 2730): DestroyJavaVM shutting VM down
E/AndroidRuntime( 2730): ERROR: thread attach failed
D/dalvikvm( 2730): HeapWorker thread shutting down
D/dalvikvm( 2730): HeapWorker thread has shut down
D/jdwp    ( 2730): JDWP shutting down net...
I/jdwp    ( 2730): adbd disconnected
D/dalvikvm( 2730): VM cleaning up
D/dalvikvm( 2730): LinearAlloc 0x0 used 630604 of 5242880 (12%)
D/dalvikvm(  135): GC freed 38210 objects / 1758976 bytes in 919ms
D/PackageManager(  135):   Activities: com.google.android.maps.MapsActivity com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.gohome.GoHomeCreateShortcutActivity com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.gohome.GoHomeCreateShortcutActivityAlias com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.latitude.LatitudeCreateShortcutActivity com.google.googlenav.android.login.AndroidLoginActivitySdk4 com.google.googlenav.android.login.AndroidLoginActivitySdk5 com.google.googlenav.ui.wizard.android.EnterAddressActivity com.google.googlenav.android.friend.InviteActivity brut.gmm.BrutPreferenceActivity com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficAppWidgetConfigureActivity com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.friends.FriendsAppWidgetConfigureActivity com.google.googlenav.android.wallpaper.MapWallpaperSettingsActivity com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.NavigationActivity com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.SettingsActivity com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.SearchActivity com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.MarkerDetailsActivity
D/PackageManager(  135):   Permissions: brut.googlemaps.permission.REMOTE_INTENT
D/ActivityManager(  135): Uninstalling process brut.googlemaps
D/ActivityManager(  135): Force removing process ProcessRecord{444d29c0 2578:brut.googlemaps:LocationFriendService/10081} (brut.googlemaps:LocationFriendService/10081)
I/Process (  135): Sending signal. PID: 2578 SIG: 9
D/PackageParser(  135): Scanning package: /sd-ext/app/brut.googlemaps.apk
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f050000
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f020130
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f060001
D/dalvikvm( 1895): GC freed 1282 objects / 116240 bytes in 723ms
I/global  ( 1895): Default buffer size used in BufferedReader constructor. It would be better to be explicit if an 8k-char buffer is required.
D/PackageManager(  135): Scanning package brut.googlemaps
D/PackageManager(  135): Shared UserID brut.googlemaps (uid=10081): packages=[PackageSetting{43e85e78 brut.googlemaps/10081}]
D/ActivityManager(  135): Uninstalling process brut.googlemaps
D/PackageManager(  135): Registered content provider: brut.googlemaps.LocalSuggestionProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.provider.LocalSuggestionProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Registered content provider: brut.googlemaps.SuggestionProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.suggest.android.SuggestProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Registered content provider: brut.googlemaps.SearchHistoryProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.provider.SearchHistoryProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Registered content provider: brut.googlemaps.FriendsProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.friend.FriendsProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Registered content provider: brut.googlemaps.LayerInfoProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.layer.LayerInfoProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Registered content provider: brut.googlemaps.NavigationAvailabilityProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.provider.NavigationAvailabilityProvider, isSyncable = false
D/PackageManager(  135): Registered content provider: brut.googlemaps.TrafficProvider, className = com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficProvider, isSyncable = false
D/VoiceDialerReceiver(  309): onReceive Intent { act=android.intent.action.PACKAGE_REMOVED dat=package:brut.googlemaps flg=0x20000000 cmp=com.android.voicedialer/.VoiceDialerReceiver (has extras) }
D/PackageManager(  135):   Providers: com.google.googlenav.android.provider.LocalSuggestionProvider com.google.googlenav.suggest.android.SuggestProvider com.google.googlenav.android.provider.SearchHistoryProvider com.google.googlenav.android.friend.FriendsProvider com.google.googlenav.android.layer.LayerInfoProvider com.google.googlenav.android.provider.NavigationAvailabilityProvider com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficProvider
D/PackageManager(  135):   Services: com.google.googlenav.friend.android.LocationFriendService com.google.googlenav.friend.android.BackgroundFriendService com.google.googlenav.android.networkinitiated.NetworkInitiatedService com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficAppWidgetUpdateService com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.friends.FriendsAppWidgetUpdateService com.google.googlenav.android.wallpaper.MapWallpaper com.google.android.maps.driveabout.app.NavigationService
D/PackageManager(  135):   Receivers: com.google.googlenav.friend.android.ServiceReceiver com.google.googlenav.android.networkinitiated.NetworkInitiatedReceiver com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.traffic.TrafficAppWidget com.google.googlenav.android.appwidget.friends.FriendsAppWidgetProvider
W/PackageManager(  135): Unknown permission com.android.providers.im.permission.READ_ONLY in package brut.googlemaps
W/PackageManager(  135): Unknown permission com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES in package brut.googlemaps
D/dalvikvm(  217): GC freed 18860 objects / 1259280 bytes in 730ms
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f050000
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f020005
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f02012f
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f020130
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f060001
I/global  ( 1895): Default buffer size used in BufferedReader constructor. It would be better to be explicit if an 8k-char buffer is required.
W/ResourceType(  135): Resources don't contain package for resource number 0x7f03002e
D/NetworkLocationProvider(  135): onCellLocationChanged [400,357850]
D/VoiceDialerReceiver(  309): onReceive Intent { act=android.intent.action.PACKAGE_ADDED dat=package:brut.googlemaps flg=0x20000000 cmp=com.android.voicedialer/.VoiceDialerReceiver (has extras) }
D/LocationManager(  507): removeUpdates: listener = com.levelup.beautifulwidgets.UpdateWeather$2@43e16ce8
I/ActivityManager(  135): Start proc brut.googlemaps:LocationFriendService for service brut.googlemaps/com.google.googlenav.friend.android.LocationFriendService: pid=2742 uid=10081 gids={3003, 1015}
D/dalvikvm(  120): GC freed 299 objects / 11560 bytes in 296ms
D/dalvikvm(  120): GC freed 57 objects / 2448 bytes in 262ms
D/dalvikvm(  120): GC freed 2 objects / 56 bytes in 243ms
D/dalvikvm( 2742): GC freed 2155 objects / 154408 bytes in 165ms
W/System.err( 2742): brut.gmm.BrutException: Context not set
W/System.err( 2742): 	at brut.gmm.Entry.getContext(Entry.java:101)
W/System.err( 2742): 	at brut.gmm.Preferences.getPreferences(Preferences.java:29)
W/System.err( 2742): 	at brut.gmm.Preferences.isIntNaviEnabled(Preferences.java:12)
W/System.err( 2742): 	at brut.gmm.Preferences.isForceNaviLocaleEnabled(Preferences.java:16)
W/System.err( 2742): 	at brut.gmm.Entry.onNaviRequestLocale(Entry.java:38)
W/System.err( 2742): 	at O.p.a(Unknown Source)
W/System.err( 2742): 	at O.p.a(Unknown Source)
W/System.err( 2742): 	at O.n.run(Unknown Source)
W/System.err( 2742): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
W/System.err( 2742): brut.gmm.BrutException: Context not set

MT4Life

May 19, 2010
Thank you Mr. Brut, really great work!!

I would spend some money if there is a newsletter system which send me up2date .apk file to my gmail account! :cool:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 267841

Spoken issue

@Brut.All, please, any solution to this issue ?

hi,
i'm using the 4.2-brut11 on my milestone.
i'm using in spain, and my locale lang is spanish.
all works fine except the indications, that are showed
and spoken in english.
in my old brut6, the indications are showed and
spoken in spanish.
howto resolve, please!
thank's for a good job, also!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brut.all

Jul 27, 2009
@Brut.All, please, any solution to this issue ?

Most of the time I ignore questions which are answered in FAQ / QA section / instructions:

Q: When navigating directions are in English, but I set different locale.
A: They are forced to "en_US" to guess turn symbols from them. You could disable this feature in BrutMod menu, but you will lost turn symbols.

EDIT:
There is also "navi: turn symbols without forcing locale" on TODO list in first post. Just in case you would want to ask about that.

D

Deleted member 267841

thank's for the answer!
last Q: is in the FUTURE ToDo list?
agree

A: They are forced to "en_US" to guess turn symbols from them. You could disable this feature in BrutMod menu, but you will lost turn symbols.

HaloTechnology

Oct 2, 2009
thanks man it worked great after my GPS Took 10 min to locate me but thats not your fault

GREAT JOB MAN And thanks for everything

acamar

May 19, 2010
Feature request: track recording and loading (like KML/GPX). It would be perfect if tracking feature can be added.

Again, thanks for great app!

Brut.all

Jul 27, 2009
Feature request: track recording and loading (like KML/GPX). It would be perfect if tracking feature can be added.

Again, thanks for great app!

I think you should use other app, for example My Tracks and My Maps Editor. I don't see much sense in hacking GM to add these features.

P.S.
Actually... I'm just working on something similar right now ;-D Will explain on brut13 release.

Brut.all

Jul 27, 2009
brut13 (19.05.10)
  • navi: fixed voice feature!
  • added "Unlock hidden features" option (see Q/A section)
  • added "I'm in USA" option (debug mostly, but maybe one will find it useful for something)

http://ul.to/jpo4al/maps4.2.0.4210-brut13.apk

My feelings are this voice feature is much better, than in last brutdev version. Don't rely on it too much though - until some people will test it in real conditions and we will be sure that it works well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok, I did a little bit of research and it turns out you get 1 point for every reply you make on that forum and it takes 1 point for every download you make. So I just made 2 replies to the forum and voila I was able to download both versions.
    Features:

• worldwide navigation using Google Maps Directions
    • map tiles caching on SD card
    • force-enable MT. If you're on Eclair or some custom Donut and don't have multitouch zooming, then maybe this will enable it.
    • force-enable Buzz feature
    • fix for map shift issue in China
    • option to hide zoom buttons
    • installable on non-rooted devices
    • could be installed beside original app

Credits:

• canadiancow for starting a brainstorm; an idea to use maps directions as backend for navigation; great Nav Launcher app; helping and support
    • TAPP for enabling "Navigate" button; first version for non-rooters
    • acamar for his research on map shift issue in China
    • many, many people for testing it, complaining ;-), helping others, etc.
    • Google for making this great app and service and for not sending C&D to me so far ;-)

Download:

maps4.6.0.4686-brut.apk
    md5sum: 456b3fe71f74bb8b76a443be4075473c

maps4.6.0.4686-brut-renamed.apk - probably not usable - random ANRs
    md5sum: a378ce5d9ddd07c489d129e972a5c2bd

maps4.6.0.4686-brut-renamed-tagged.apk - probably not usable - random ANRs
    md5sum: 1bf581213c77fe2e3aa9fa1b7001d01b

Variants:

This mod consists of many independent changes and some of them may be good or bad for some people. Unfortunately not all changes could be configured at runtime, so we need several apk files to let people choose what they want.

There are 3 packs of changes:

• -brut - it's a BrutMod itself: international navi, map caching, etc. All of these changes are configurable at runtime.
    • -renamed - Android package name was changed from original com.google.android.apps.maps to brut.googlemaps . See "Package name changing" below if you don't know, what this means.
    • -tagged - all icons in the launcher, widgets, etc. were tagged with red "BRUT" sign, all icon names were suffixed with "[brut]". It's to distinguish modded and original GM if you have installed both.

Then we could create several variants of this mod with different combinations of changes, but fortunately only 3 of them actually make sense: -brut, -brut-renamed and -brut-renamed-tagged.

Note: I know this may be confusing for some people, who get used to brut.googlemaps as normal package name for this mod and com.google.android.apps.maps as "stockified" modification of it. You should take into account that starting point is original GM with original package name, so com.google.android.apps.maps is actually "normal" and brut.googlemaps is modded/renamed one.

Installation:

For -renamed variants: just download & install. For others: see section below.

Package name changing:

Generally it means that modded app is identified by Android OS as totally different app, not connected to Google Maps at all. There are several consequences:

• Android forbids to install same app twice. If you want to install modded app, you have to uninstall original one first. -renamed variant is detected as different app, so you could install it normally and then you will have installed both original and modded app.
    • It's much worse if you want to replace system app - and Google Maps is a system app on many devices. You can't uninstall system apps just like that, cause they're write-protected. You need root and probably some hacking, so if you had Google Maps preinstalled on your device and don't have a root or don't want to hack, then use one of -renamed variants.
    • Some apps call GM by name and if you have -renamed variant, then they can't find modded GM, cause it's detected as different app. People have such problems with Car Dock, Street View and few others.

Maps cache - formats:

BrutMod natively supports two formats for stored tiles: Andnav format and BrutMod old, which is kept for backward compatibility and will be eventually removed. You could also set custom path to stored tiles if you want to use different format.

If you have cached tiles from other maps/navigation app and they're stored in "one tile, one file" format, then you should be able to use them with BrutMod. You have to choose custom database format and set path to tiles. Path can contain variables - currently supported are:

• (Z) - zoom level
    • (Y) - Y id of a tile
    • (X) - X id of a tile

So for example custom path for AndNav format would be: (Z)/(X)/(Y).png.andnav . If you would set something like: (Z)-(X)-(Y).png , then all tiles would be stored in one directory. Be cautions when setting a path: it's very simple and not very smart algorithm - if you would do something wrong, for example don't close bracket, then BrutMod will read/write everything from/to special "ERR" file.

Maps cache - zip support:

Having thousands of files isn't good for a filesystem. Usually they use more of space than they should - sometimes A LOT more. BrutMod supports tiles zipped into one file and format is identical as for normal files.

For example: we use AndNav format and we have /sdcard/brut.googlemaps/tiles/map-en_US-andnav directory. Inside of it we have "13" and "14" subdirectories. We could zip these subdirs into a zip file, so they will be in the root (right after opening a zip file you will see "13" and "14" dirs) and place it to: /sdcard/brut.googlemaps/tiles/map-en_US-andnav.zip . Then you could remove original "13" and "14" dirs and tiles will be read from a zip file.

If you have "Save map to cache" option enabled, then you could compact all saved tiles from time to time. Just open zip file and add all loose tiles to it. Then remove tiles. Maybe someday I will add automatic compactor to BrutMod.

Maps cache - downloading maps:

There are several downloaders available, I recommend Mobile Atlas Creator. Open it, select some area and zoom levels, click "Add selection" button, choose "AndNav atlas format", click "Create atlas" and wait. Then open directory with atlases, open your new atlas ("Unnamed atlas_<date>"), open "Google Maps" dir (or something else, if you didn't download Google's map) and you should see directories "0" - "19" - depending on which zoom levels you have chosen. Copy these directories to e.g. /sdcard/brut.googlemaps/tiles/map-en_US-andnav/ dir or zip them all and copy to /sdcard/brut.googlemaps/tiles/map-en_US-andnav.zip . If you have zip file already, then you could add new files to archive or do a unzip, copy, zip combo.

And one more advice related to maps cache. If you have any problems with creating custom tile path, zipping or pushing predownloaded tiles, then enable "Debug mode" in BrutMod menu and look into logcat. There you will see where BrutMod looks for files and why it can't find them.

FAQ:

Q: Phone reboots when I try to reinstall maps.
    A: Uninstall it and then install. It's Android issue, may occur even when updating original Maps from Market.

Q: Feature X doesn't work!
    A: Did you enabled it in Menu -> More -> Brut Mod?

Q: Could you add feature X?
    A: Just ask in this thread, but you should take into account that I'm not an author of this app, but a modder. I work mainly on features, that Google probably won't add for some reasons: licensing concerns (int navi), non-standard ROM support (MT), "whole world is online" assumption (maps caching), etc. GM is rapidly developing, so if you have e.g. some UI suggestions, you should ask Google about them. I could work on some of these, but they have low priority.

Q: Car Dock, Google Voice Search or other app always use original Google Maps - it doesn't ask me about your mod. What can I do?
    A: See "Package name changing" above.

Q: Multitouch still doesn't work even if I enabled it in BrutMod menu.
    A: As description says, it may work, but may not. There are plenty of custom roms, each has different bits and sometimes GM disables MT even if it could use it normally. My mod could force it to enable, but it won't add MT support.

Q: What is "Unlock hidden features" option?
    A: There are features that are hidden for some reason: they aren't finished yet, are for debugging, etc. If feature does not give you something really useful, but is for curiosity and maybe some fun, it will be controllable through this option. For now there are:

• navi: menu->Switch to Walking/Driving - seems working fine, don't know, why they are hidden.
    • navi: menu->Report a Problem - doesn't work for me, but it is location related, so maybe works for someone else. When I was migrating to 4.2.0, I saw many new resources related to this feature. Will be quite good feature, when it will be finally enabled.
    • navi menu->Settings - for now it's nearly empty, has one option related to above "report a problem" feature
    • navi: Enable/Disable mock location - quite funny and really, really useful for me. There would be no voice fix, if I would not find it :)

Q: How does navigation hack work? Could you hack Google Voice and other services to work outside of USA as well?
    A: No, I can't. Generally it's not possible to bypass security of most server-side services, because their owners have full control over a situation. GMM navigation is an exception of this rule, cause of Google Directions. GD is some kind of navigation service, only limited. It uses exactly same data as navi and uses it in similar way. So why Google has created two navigation services: one full and one limited if both are for free? Because of licenses which G has signed with map providers - Google can't use map data for "real-time, turn-by-turn navigation", but they can for just "directions". This is why GD is available worldwide, but navi in supported places only.

I have modded GMM, so each time it wants to ask servers about navigation route from A to B, it actually asks about Google Directions between these points. GMM gets GD response which is missing a lot of data required by navigation, e.g. turn symbols, voice, etc. Then I try to somehow guess and add these missing things, so response will be as much as possible similar to real navi response.

Pretty smart, huh? Thanks @canadiancow for this wonderful idea :)

Q: You didn't answer my question/help request.
    A: Usually I totally ignore people, who ignore me. I spend time to make all necessary info, instructions and answers easily findable - in first post. If you ask about something, that was answered there, I will probably ignore you. If you are lucky, someone else will answer you.

TODO:

• navi: map caching
    • navi: routes caching
    • navi: "continue on turn left on" issue
    • navi: turn symbols without forcing locale
    • navi: automatically use normal navi when available
    • navi: guess ramp direction
    • MT on custom Donuts using backported Eclair bits.
    • MT on stock Donuts through Luke Hutchinson's lib

Limits (issues that we know of, but are impossible or very hard to fix, so they aren't on TODO):

• navi: too long directions in top bar

Changelog:

brut17 (07.11.10)
    • updated GM to version 4.6.0.4686
    • from now GM is released in 3 variants: -brut, -brut-renamed and -brut-renamed-tagged
    • added an option to choose map cache format - AndNav is a default, but old one is also supported
    • added support for zipped map cache
    • app directory is always /sdcard/brut.googlemaps - it does not depend on package name
    • readded es_MX language
    • removed Vector map test
    • fixed some ContextNotSet warnings

brut16 (09.08.10)
    • fixed "Data exceeds UNCOMPRESS_DATA_MAX" issue
    • removed es_MX language - es is used instead (caused by above issue)

brut15 (07.08.10)
    • does not work for many ROMs - "Data exceeds UNCOMPRESS_DATA_MAX" issue
    • updated GM to version 4.4.0.4414

brut14 (24.06.10)
    • updated GM to version 4.3.0.4305
    • added vector maps test
    • added BrutMod menu to navigation app
    • tagged gohome icon, Latitude widget and shortcut
    • fixed ContextNotSet issue

brut13 (19.05.10)
    • navi: fixed voice feature!
    • added "Unlock hidden features" option (see Q/A section)
    • added "I'm in USA" option

brut12 (18.05.10)
    • added fix for map shift issue in China - many thanks to acamar :)
    • added option to force enable Buzz feature
    • TurnUtil: Added "* turns slightly *" support

brut11 (12.05.10)
    • Google Maps updated to 4.2.0.4210
    • unlocked DestinationActivity when int navi is enabled
    • fixed "disabled MT" bug

brut10 (08.05.10)
    • added simple map caching feature! For now it's some kind of demo (but usable), will be more featureful soon.
    • readded multitouch force-enable feature
    • reworked Brut Mod screen: added some credits, link to XDA, categorized preferences
    • navi: added turn symbol for merges
    • fixed force locale bug
    • fixed some exceptions right after navigation start

brut9 (05.05.10)
    • added option to force locale in navi requests to en_US, so turn symbols will work
    • added option to hide zoom buttons
    • international navigation is now enabled by default

brut8 (04.05.10)
    • navi: fixed turn symbols feature - I've screwed it up right before brut7 release

brut7 (04.05.10)
    • navi: added "street names" in top bar
    • navi: added turn symbols (for now you must set "en" locale to use it)
    • added possibility to use hacked or normal navigation - you can choose this from menu (and int navi is disabled by default - if you're updating and want to use it, then remember to enable it)
    • reverted MT mods for now
    • based on GM4.1.1
    • seems more bug free to me

rev6 (04.03)
    • mod version included in app versionName (4.0.0-brut6)
    • added "[brut]" postfix to Add -> Shortcuts -> Directions & Navigation
    • fixed navi shortcut bug
    • fixed directions to contact bug

rev5 (01.03)
    Minor update, but great from technical point of view:
    • repackaged all resources
    • changed app name and icon to distinguish it from original maps
    • changed package name to brut.googlemaps

rev4 (10.02):
    • now MT depends on existence of MT framework, not on Android version, so it will be enabled for 2.0 and 1.6 with backported MT bits, but app will work on stock 1.6 too (without MT)
    ownhere's mod of 5.2.0 is already online, but I can't download it from that chinese forum. It seems I don't have enough "forum currency" to be able to download...
    http://bbs.gfan.com/viewthread.php?tid=627527

Can anyone else find that version and publish here?

There you go.
    1. Install gm5 from wherever
    2. install brut 4.6 tagged , the one that show brut on the icons. They both work 2gether
    3.1st run will get stuck, wait or fc
    4. open again, Ayobaness all the way.
    5. Navigation only with 4.6

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk