Data does not work on Nokia Lumia 900

Search This thread

Xbayx650

Apr 4, 2012
Basically my Lumia 900 will not connect to the Internet even though I have full bars of LTE. This is not the first time it happened. It happened a few days ago and I rebooted it a few times and it started working again. This time I have rebooted it over 20 times changed the sim and it is still not working. I went to the AT&T store and the employees said they sent back over 7 defective lumias with the same issue.
I took out the sim and put it in my new iPad and LTE was working fine. I hope this defective is not spread across so many more devices or there will be a lot of unhappy customers.

vclifton

Aug 13, 2010
Hey there. This might sound a little basic but do a master reset, and one more master reset immediately after. I had that problem for maybe a week and its a weird problem with COU provisioning. Also send the COU team an email about the issue, they might do some stuff on the back end as well for you.you are an art employee, right? How else would you have this phone :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Xbayx650

Apr 4, 2012
Hey there. This might sound a little basic but do a master reset, and one more master reset immediately after. I had that problem for maybe a week and its a weird problem with COU provisioning. Also send the COU team an email about the issue, they might do some stuff on the back end as well for you.you are an art employee, right? How else would you have this phone :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Yes it's my COU. Lol
I'll try the master reset, if not I'll contact the COU team. Thanks

wundrbread33

May 11, 2011
Happened to me too. I just popped the sim card out while the phone was on. Put the card back in and then turned the phone off and then back on. Hopefully that fixes it for you. Did for me.

Nokia needs to put a soft reset button combination like the iPhone has since you can't do a battery pull. A soft reset is needed at some point in time on all smartphones. Not having a method to do it is a big error IMO.

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
Happened to me too. I just popped the sim card out while the phone was on. Put the card back in and then turned the phone off and then back on. Hopefully that fixes it for you. Did for me.

Nokia needs to put a soft reset button combination like the iPhone has since you can't do a battery pull. A soft reset is needed at some point in time on all smartphones. Not having a method to do it is a big error IMO.

anyone know if there is not a softkey combination.....or are we guessing?

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
Hold power button for a few seconds and swipe down to turn off/soft reset. Or go to settings app; under settings go to 'About' and push 'reset phone' for hard reset.

waltah!

May 29, 2009
They are looking for a reboot option, not a full reset. Something similar to holding the home and power key on an iPhone.
This is the first WP with non removable battery so I haven't had to do it before. I'm sure there's a way. I know if you hold the volume down, camera and power when it's off it will restore the phone.

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
We've been getting serious issues too. I'm getting a new lumia tomorrow. Ive tried everything.

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
They are looking for a reboot option, not a full reset. Something similar to holding the home and power key on an iPhone.
This is the first WP with non removable battery so I haven't had to do it before. I'm sure there's a way. I know if you hold the volume down, camera and power when it's off it will restore the phone.

That's not a restore sequence. That will only place the phone in bootloader. If connected to a PC, and, a valid backup exists, a retire is possible. But that combination does not initiate a restore.

The only thing I've heard is extended holding of power key, ~10 seconds, initiates a reboot....not a reset or restore

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
That's not a restore sequence. That will only place the phone in bootloader. If connected to a PC, and, a valid backup exists, a retire is possible. But that combination does not initiate a restore.

The only thing I've heard is extended holding of power key, ~10 seconds, initiates a reboot....not a reset or restore

If you hold the power key down for about 15 seconds, the device will power down. I had a freeze during the initial setup on my 900....that worked for me....

kenikh

Nov 18, 2009
The Lumia 800 also has a non-removable battery. Here's how to do a hard and soft reset using hardware keys on that device. May work on the 900:

Hard Reset:

tech_nokia_lumia_800-hardreset.jpg

Howtohardresetwindowsphone1_thumb.jpg

Or

Soft Reset (Restart):

tech_nokia_lumia_800-soft-reset.jpg

alodar1

Aug 6, 2007
Auburn, WA
Microsoft Surface Duo
The Lumia 800 also has a non-removable battery. Here's how to do a hard and soft reset using hardware keys on that device. May work on the 900:

Hard Reset:

tech_nokia_lumia_800-hardreset.jpg

Howtohardresetwindowsphone1_thumb.jpg

Or

Soft Reset (Restart):

tech_nokia_lumia_800-soft-reset.jpg

Those keys don't work on the 900.....Both combinations produce the same impact from a device that is power on...that is....off. The first action is the power slider....which can turn off the device. However, continue holding that combination will bring you to a OFF position. The same thing occurs with just holding the Power button for 10 seconds or so.

from an off position, I could not get those keys to react.

waltah!

May 29, 2009
My data has been working great all day. Download a on of apps, browsed quite a bit to set up my bookmarks and downloaded music from Zune. My data speeds were around 25mbps all day.