[Q] Music only plays out of left speaker

Search This thread

snapple112

Jan 25, 2012
Hardware: DINC 2 running MIUI V4 ICS 2.4.27

I've always plugged my phone into the auxiliary port in my car when I drive to listen to music.

Earlier this week, I noticed music only being played out of the left side speakers. I tested this again using another portable radio, and it's the same problem.

Flashed my ROM yesterday, thinking it was a software issue, but still no luck. I've tried wiggling the cord around to check whether it just has a loose connection but I haven't heard anything play from the right side speakers at all.

Has anyone ever had this problem? What should I do in terms of trying to fix this?

dreamkiller80

Dec 10, 2011
Virginia Beach
Hardware: DINC 2 running MIUI V4 ICS 2.4.27

I've always plugged my phone into the auxiliary port in my car when I drive to listen to music.

Earlier this week, I noticed music only being played out of the left side speakers. I tested this again using another portable radio, and it's the same problem.

Flashed my ROM yesterday, thinking it was a software issue, but still no luck. I've tried wiggling the cord around to check whether it just has a loose connection but I haven't heard anything play from the right side speakers at all.

Has anyone ever had this problem? What should I do in terms of trying to fix this?

When you say you tested another portable radio does that mean you tried your phone through a different source or did you connect a different mp3 type device to your radio,also when you switch sources on your head unit like radio or cd to see if it does the same thing. You can also switch out the audio cable that you are using as it is not unheard of for them to go bad.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

snapple112

Jan 25, 2012
My car is sorta old so their is no CD Player, but their is a cassette. So I have use a cassette tape that converts into an aux/mp3 unit for my car.

I tested an iPhone on the same cassette tape and it played through both speakers so I determined that it wasn't the cassette tape causing the issue.

Though, my alarm clock in my room has an aux unit... so I plugged that into my phone to see if it would play, but it still only played out of the one speaker. Thats what I meant by portable radio.

dreamkiller80

Dec 10, 2011
Virginia Beach
Is it just music that you have this problem with or is it all audio from the phone like games or other apps, I would test that with some head phones and if the problem persists I would say it more than likely the output jack on the phone

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Dante6660

Apr 27, 2012
I had this exact same issue and it actually turned out to be the aux cable itself. Once I ended up replacing that I had full audio out again. Next time your stopped in your car wiggle the aux cable near the port connectors and see if that causes some audio to come out the other side of the speakers. Alternatively, you can try another device to rule out if it is or is not the cable.

cstone1991

Jul 30, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Try twisting the plug while its plugged in and music is playing. I have to do this sometimes with my phone. I don't feel like the headphone jacks are very good on these phones. This is my second Dinc2 and I have had similar problems with both.

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA