Disable Touchpad Event4

Search This thread

BobDunn

Nov 20, 2013
After finally getting CrombiXX to work, the only dissapointment is the inablilty to disable the touchpad using the appropriate key.
I read a post saying deleting the file 'event4' will achieve same effect.
Well I can delete it, but each reboot or undocking, it returns!
I have created a shortcut to the folder, but would prefer it gone permanenly as I never ever use the touchpad.
Can anyone enlighten me on how this pesky file can be removed for good.
Thanks

kokopuphz

Nov 10, 2010
You could try creating an init.d script to delete the file on bootup.

Sent from my SO-04E using XDA Free mobile app

BobDunn

Nov 20, 2013
The folder shortcut>delete file, isn't too bad a solution for those who can't type without thumbs catching the touchpad. Perhaps it's because I touchtype..

Last edited:

BobDunn

Nov 20, 2013
You could try creating an init.d script to delete the file on bootup.

Sent from my SO-04E using XDA Free mobile app

That sounds like an idea that may address the reboot issue, but perhaps not the undock/dock trigger. it's been so long since I wrote any scripts, and they were windows based, I think I may just have to stick to using the shortcut on the desktop to the folder.

Regardless, this little device is so wonderful now, it's a joy to use. Feels almost as quick as my Nexus 7 and certainly faster than the Note8 now I have put Samsungs 4.3 bloatware back on it.

I will investigate the script, but I guess it would be great to eliminate the trigger point/script till. It would of course be even better if the official button funtion worked....here's hoping.

Oh my goodness I just love this little beauty.