Which ROM are you using?

Search This thread

softkans

May 20, 2013
Slimkat 5.0

Hi,

I tried lot of roms, but now i am using SlimKat 5.0 Stable Link here, is the fastest kitkat rom i ever used.

Initially i face some issues at first in this rom, font & icon size are too small, then i download an dpi changer application and set to 233 (cappy's default resolution), then works perfectly.

* i use gapps (slim_minimal_gapps 4.4.2 which was lighter only 67 mb)
* i use Galaxy Laucher (downloaded from play store)
* Atrium for Facebook (alternative, because it takes too much ram)
* Pluma for Twitter (alternative)
* RAM 417 MB

Conclution:
Even using whatsapp, facebook & twitter, still i have 135 mb ram free.I highly recommend this rom, because it is fast, stable & better battery.

Kashif.Ali

Sep 6, 2012
C-RoM Mix v25

I also tried lot of roms but now i am using C-RoM Mix v25.
Smooth Jellybean Rom and was using kitkat 4.2.2 but faced auto shutdown issues in different roms.

1. Using Galaxy Launcher instead Touchwiz with Weather to save more ram and only google+ and whatsapp installed.
2. Games are working fine so many like (a) Hill Climb Racing (b) Zombie Diary (c) Zombie Diary 2 (d) Raging Thunder (e) Dr. Driving but after close wifi or net connection.. not working fine Candy Crush.
3. RAM 396 MB and while running gapps with whatsapp 100 MB Free.. :)

Reactions: Nicole.md

OGBubble

Feb 28, 2011
Anaheim, CA
When i still had my cappy before it was aquired via 5-finger-discount from me i last ran CM as my DD. It made that phone into an otherworldly beast; it was like the breath of life giving birth to a 10xs better device than when samsungs TW.UI was on there.

tmicheal

Oct 3, 2013
help

guys am still using the old roms that came with it froyo 2.2,have tried all possible best upgrading from this rom trying all sort of roms but its not working,it gets to a place and i get error message of not being able to verify the signature. have upgraded my phones like sony ericsson xperia x10i etc but am finding this hard,so i urgently need help,i will appreciate it big time......... My samsung it rooted

spac3c4t512

Aug 16, 2014
Smithville
guys am still using the old roms that came with it froyo 2.2,have tried all possible best upgrading from this rom trying all sort of roms but its not working,it gets to a place and i get error message of not being able to verify the signature. have upgraded my phones like sony ericsson xperia x10i etc but am finding this hard,so i urgently need help,i will appreciate it big time......... My samsung it rooted

I followed the first method in this thread. Hope it helps.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1350266

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

CM 10.2.1-captivatemtd

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
CM 10.1.3 - using my Cappy for Sports tracking and music. I keep it as a backup phone to my SGS3, so there is no SIM installed atm. I normally keep it in airplane mode, battery life is great, GPS works well.

Considering going to CM10.2 and maybe on to a KK rom, will see.

Aimless Rambler

Mar 9, 2012
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3 XL
Currently running 2.3.5 (KK4 - Legend 6 - JellyBean Edition). Although I've ran it through the infamous Android Kitchen and modified it to my liking, it's basically just a slimmed down, modded GB rom. When I actually have time to mess around (also have 3 other devices I experiment with and a full time job ha) I'll eventually try something newer.
Update: Got bored and picked up the Cappy. Went through the necessary procedures and flashed Optimum JellyBean by Likeman (4.3.1). Just because ... ha!

Last edited:

ethereal_mist

May 15, 2014
New Delhi
I am using CyanAOSP 4.2.2, supernexus based ROM. The fastest and most stable ROM I have used till date. Doesn't slow down after a week or even after months like few other ROMs. Have found it to be the best for my cappy.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Just changed, yesterday, to CM 10.2.1 from CM 10.1.3. After one day it seems to be an improvement.

Used it for 4 hours on the bicycle with a sports tracking app, the GPS worked magnificently. I am not using it as a phone any longer, simply for tracking rides and music.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    C-RoM Mix v25

I also tried lot of roms but now i am using C-RoM Mix v25.
    Smooth Jellybean Rom and was using kitkat 4.2.2 but faced auto shutdown issues in different roms.

1. Using Galaxy Launcher instead Touchwiz with Weather to save more ram and only google+ and whatsapp installed.
    2. Games are working fine so many like (a) Hill Climb Racing (b) Zombie Diary (c) Zombie Diary 2 (d) Raging Thunder (e) Dr. Driving but after close wifi or net connection.. not working fine Candy Crush.
    3. RAM 396 MB and while running gapps with whatsapp 100 MB Free.. :)