Device Won't Connect to PC

Search This thread

TrundleButt

Jan 6, 2014
For the past week I've been trying solution after solution found from the net to try and get my HTC One to connect to my computer and show up as a portable device. I'm running Windows 7 x64 SP1 with all updates possible, latest drivers and chipset drivers and even installed optional drivers to try and fix the problem. I've tried USB Debugging and nothing happens, tried uninstalling all drivers from USB device manager and reinstalling which also didn't work, tried installing MTP drivers seperatly, nothing happens, tried windows update's htc drivers, they fail to install every time.

My problem in short is, I cannot get my device to connect to the computer so I can use the storage space to add/remove/edit files on my phone.

I've recently tried a program called "DoubleTwist" which actually got the HTC Sync Manager to recognise my phone, but even that shows no storage available.

My details:

Windows 7 SP1 x64 PC,
HTC One in metallic blue 32GB,
HTC MTP Device Drivers Failed
MTP USB Device Drivers Failed x3
Developer unlocked,
USB Debugging On/Off

I can edit in any additional details required.

TrundleButt

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
Umh, connect the phone at the pc, go to Device Manager (windows logo + x -> device manager), and unistall all the voice about the one.
After go to the control panel, and unistall the htc driver from here.
Now, install HTC sync.
For me and other friend worked.

TrundleButt

Jan 6, 2014
I've tried uninstalling the failed drivers but they still fail every time i plug the device in, It's not really a problem with htc sync manager as I've pretty much given up on that already. My problem is that I can't get my computer to recognize my device, only as a cd drive which is for the installation of htc sync manager and and relevant drivers.

I've tried your solution 5 times before and it doesn't fix the issue as it's the drivers failing to install and the fact it won't accept drivers for my usb device for MTP or pretty much anything related to my device.

Anyone know of away to remove the bad drivers and install fresh working ones without crippling the use of my mouse and keyboard? because windows suggests I remove the usb host controller drivers which kills the use of all usb ports on my computer, meaning i have to replug them in turn re-installing the usb host controller drivers at the same time.

still got the problem of not being able to connect my device and have it recognized, by the computer as mass storage, removable storage, or MTP. that is the real problem I'm trying to fix, after that I may consider trying to get htc sync manager to work.

TrundleButt

Jan 6, 2014
I guess my problem is unfix-able then, just to make it clear, i don't give a stuff about the sync manager, i just want to be able to have my computer recognize my phone so i can access it through my computer...

shifted-is

Jan 21, 2013
Perth
I guess my problem is unfix-able then, just to make it clear, i don't give a stuff about the sync manager, i just want to be able to have my computer recognize my phone so i can access it through my computer...

Got the exact same problem, work PC won't recognise the device. Haven't tried home just yet as this is the first it has occurred. Software update a couple days ago.

Called HTC - no dice, they keep saying install HTC Sync and the drivers.

Anyone else come across this issue/have a solution?

davebugyi

Mar 16, 2010
Bratislava
www.myspace.com
I posted in a different thread, but let me sum up again.
I had a couple of people reporting this issue on Win7 - phone connected to USB, came up as android device with exclamation mark in Device Manager. It really made me think what could have happened, because it was working a week before. I tried different cable, different drivers and realized it was something wrong, when even my phone was not recognized on my friend's PC, yet both of the phones (mine & his) were recognized on my notebook with all the cables and config.
It turned out, that he installed malware stuff and the culprit was iLivid and his friends. It blocked the usb connection somehow. After running Malwarebytes in safe mode, which removed a tons of sh*t, everything worked again.