[Q] Way to route speaker audio to the phone earpiece?

Search This thread

Cam1

Aug 20, 2014
www.imoviehowto.com
Hi,

Is there an app/other method I can use to make audio play in the phone's earpiece speaker? For things like playing music files, not just for routing a VOIP call for a specific app.

I have a rooted Nexus 5 running 4.4.4 KitKat.

Thanks

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
There is an app called earpiece that does exactly what you all for in the play store. Works flawlessly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Cam1

Cam1

Aug 20, 2014
www.imoviehowto.com
There is an app called earpiece that does exactly what you all for in the play store. Works flawlessly.

Thanks for the fast reply

I tried the Earpiece app and it works but i noticed there's no way to adjust the volume of the earpiece speaker. I tried adjusting the normal volume as well as the ringer volume. Does anyone know a way to adjust the volume using this app?

Edit: The volume changing works. I tested the apps functionality in the youtube app at the time of the post. I restarted and tried it with the stock music player and it worked great.

Last edited:

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
Hmm, it seems you are right. I last remember it working perfectly but it seems that now volume control doesn't work for me either. My apologies, this is the only solution I have. Hopefully someone else will be able to offer some advice.

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.