[rom][4.0.4] KWIQ-ICS [4/17/12][beta][stable]

Search This thread

D-FUSE

Oct 11, 2010
Panama City(Got to love the beach)
Dfuse06 thanks for sharing that. I like it & already looks good on my phone. I like the dark wallpapers. Thanks.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

No problem man I didn't made it tho. I just pulled it out of the aokp rom thoes guy get the credit for it. I like that rom because you can to a lot of custom stuff to it , rebooted on me almost every hour. I am working on getting isc tool working on my lap top do see what kinda mods I can learn for this rom

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Last edited:

aheeejd

All of a sudden I am having trouble swiping through home pages. Didn't do any changes except switch to lionheart a couple days ago. Was curious if anyone else was seeing this. Also this was noticed after using boot loader to install amon style 3.11 then wiping cashe & dalvik & then fixing permissions.

Edit- Just did a reboot & that fixed it. Maybe it didn't like me playing around with bootloader. I don't know. Seems all good again.

Last edited:

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
All of a sudden I am having trouble swiping through home pages. Didn't do any changes except switch to lionheart a couple days ago. Was curious if anyone else was seeing this. Also this was noticed after using boot loader to install amon style 3.11 then wiping cashe & dalvik & then fixing permissions.

Edit- Just did a reboot & that fixed it. Maybe it didn't like me playing around with bootloader. I don't know. Seems all good again.
I read somewhere in the OP a while back that the dev really likes savage zen with this rom. I love this rom. I like flashing kernels too, but I rarely see a dev use something other than a stock kernel in his build and tell you that he loves it. I got this thing running as smooth as megan fox's butt. The only thing I played with is just added MXhome Launcher free from the android market. The rom seems to like it as it is having no significant problems. The only minor issue is one fc on reboot every time. Status Bar force closes after reboot and then no status bar. It usually comes back on its own after just a few seconds, but when it takes long, I just wipe status bar data with TB or applications. It works every time. Small issue that I can easily live with.

Honestly I would reflash the SZ kernel cause it works great with the SBC switcher too. good luck.

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com
hmm nothing like that to report but i did notice this am when i was playing music when the track changes it would CRANK my volume up (noticed because i had dsp going and my bass was real heavy) and once i hit my volume rocker to turn it down it was going back down. just a quirk possibly a not so good flash but just thought i'd throw that out there

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

I read somewhere in the OP a while back that the dev really likes savage zen with this rom. I love this rom. I like flashing kernels too, but I rarely see a dev use something other than a stock kernel in his build and tell you that he loves it. I got this thing running as smooth as megan fox's butt. The only thing I played with is just added MXhome Launcher free from the android market. The rom seems to like it as it is having no significant problems. The only minor issue is one fc on reboot every time. Status Bar force closes after reboot and then no status bar. It usually comes back on its own after just a few seconds, but when it takes long, I just wipe status bar data with TB or applications. It works every time. Small issue that I can easily live with.

Honestly I would reflash the SZ kernel cause it works great with the SBC switcher too. good luck.

do you mean to post this in gingerbread build or does sz have a ics kernel too?

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
hmm nothing like that to report but i did notice this am when i was playing music when the track changes it would CRANK my volume up (noticed because i had dsp going and my bass was real heavy) and once i hit my volume rocker to turn it down it was going back down. just a quirk possibly a not so good flash but just thought i'd throw that out there

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

do you mean to post this in gingerbread build or does sz have a ics kernel too?

:) Well I just started reading a little further back and saw ICS being discussed and I'm like what the heck are they talking ICS for>>? Then I looked at the forum and saw this is Qwik's ICS LOL...my bad please forgive me, but laughing at me is okay. Hope I've entertained you. I might try this ICS soon, but as you can see, I'm loving the Qwik's other rom.

Reactions: ben.nesheim

ladle3000

Feb 12, 2012
:) Well I just started reading a little further back and saw ICS being discussed and I'm like what the heck are they talking ICS for>>? Then I looked at the forum and saw this is Qwik's ICS LOL...my bad please forgive me, but laughing at me is okay. Hope I've entertained you. I might try this ICS soon, but as you can see, I'm loving the Qwik's other rom.

You should edit your other post so people don't get confused

Sent from my heart

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com

:) its all good i figured it was just an honest mistake and also hoped that sz had a ics kernel too lol :p

Reactions: cityneversleepz

JM-PDA

Nov 11, 2008
Sacramento, CA
If anyone is interested I will post this rom de-odexed to make it easier to apply mods and such.

Just hit the thanks button on this post to vote yes to deodexing.

Hi Jamieg71,
I am not an android developer. But was curious what "ODEX" and "DE-ODEXed" mean.
For those interested, here is an interesting article:
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/what-is-odex-and-deodex-in-android-complete-guide/

At least now I understand why you need a deodexed ROM to theme it.

By the way, this is my second FULL day with your ROM is still doing great!
Thank you!

drewmonge

Jan 2, 2012
I'm surprised this rom thread isn't more at the top of the list! I've been a fan of Evervolv's build since day one. I have found it to be the most smooth and stable out of all of them.

And the tweaks made to this particular build made an already awesome rom even more awesomer! Thank you to @jamieg71 for the awesome build. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my KWIQ-ICS powered Evo using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: jamieg71

Digitalkarma

Feb 3, 2011
today was the day i decided to make the rounds and flash some roms and this was on eof them. nice work jamie it is smooth, stable and kwiq! :)

Reactions: jamieg71

aheeejd

cool aheeejd i've been running wheatly on aokp today seems to be a good gov as of yet :p

Yeah, I ran aokp when 34 came out last night, ran great until the afternoon, started rebooting quite a bit actually. I'm so impatient though I usually just flash something else. I don't know why but I really enjoy the whole flashing & setting up thing. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if yours starts acting up.

JM-PDA

Nov 11, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Back on KWIQ this afternoon. Same as the other day. Stable, smooth, no fc's. Max 1113, min 384, gov wheatly, mason 15rc sbc. This really is a good job. Thank you!

I am looking at going back to KWIQ.
I ran AOKP Build-34 for the last 24 hours.
Have had about 4 or 5 random reboots.

KWIQ is pretty darn stable!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KWIQ-ICS

First off, this Rom is based off Evervolv-Acies-2.2.0a1-supersonic with permission of preludedrew.. Please go hit his donate button, he's done more than a lot to bring true ICS to our OG's.

PY10CC8y

This rom is something I've been working on for fun and to get a better handle on what works for mods and tweaks on 4.x.x roms. I chose Evervolv's base because of it's minimalistic & stable qualities. This is 4.0.4 with HWA combined with what IMO is the fastest most stable kernel I have ran so far on any ICS roms. Most all mods and tweaks are built into the ram-disk so they are present at first boot every boot. This seems to provide for a more responsive experience with the proper settings. I do not claim the settings I've used to be the best possible for ICS or any other roms at this time, the current version will reflect settings I have tried out with positive results. Those parameters are a WIP and I will continue to update as I'm aware of and find better settings, all input and suggestions is highly welcomed. Feel free to run your favorite scripts tweaks and mods, if you would please share your results and best settings. Please read and follow "How To Flash" below for best results
    Thanks and enjoy!

The Goods
    Code:
    Based on Evervolv-Acies-2.2.0a1-supersonic
    Includes [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546878"]Mason[/URL] I - v0.14 sbc fso
    Fully ODEXED system and framework
    Custom bootani by me 
    optimized framework & system files
    removed some system apps (live wallpapers, etc)
    optimized pngs in frame/res
    zipaligned all apps

[COLOR="Green"]Various tweeks and mods in;[/COLOR]
    Build.prop:
     wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
     dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=2m

systcntrl.conf:
     vm.swappiness = 10
     vm.dirty_ratio = 80
     vm.dirty_background_ratio = 15
     vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 25

init.rc:
     write /proc/sys/kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns 1500000 
     write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs 200
     write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio  15 
    (this way it is pre-existing from first write in case systcntrl is removed/changed)
     setprop net.tcp.buffersize.default 6144,87380,1048576,6144,87380,1048576 

init.supersonic.rc:
        setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM 6400
        setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM 8960
        setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM 14080
        setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM 14080
        setprop ro.HOME_APP_MEM 14080
        setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM 17920
        setprop ro.CONTENT_PROVIDER_MEM 38400
        setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM 64000
        write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree 
        write /sys/block/mtdblock4/bdi/read_ahead_kb 12
        write /sys/block/mtdblock5/bdi/read_ahead_kb 12
        write /sys/block/mtdblock6/bdi/read_ahead_kb 12
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq 1036000
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor ondemand
        write /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate 25000
        write /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/sleep_millisecs 2000
        write /sys/kernel/mm/ksm/pages_to_scan 128

Things to do
    Code:
    Optimize all system app pngs
    strip languages from framework/ and system/app
    status bar/notification toggles
    center clock mod (possibly MIUI style)
    sense 4.0 style task managing
    refine ramdisk mods for better responsiveness
    include option for non fso (sbc?) kernel
    find better camera app/fix lag
    theme some stuff
    have an ice cold beer
    Open for all suggestions feel free to ask!

NOT WORKING
    Code:
     - No 4G
     - No Front Facing Camera
     - Camcorder F/C, Camera is buggy at best
     - Netflix(Audio works, no video)
     - Some apps may or may not work

Changelog
    Code:
    4-17-12 -First Public Release

How To Flash
    Code:
    1) Download rom to sd and verify md5
    2) In recovery manually wipe everything except sd card
    3) Flash [URL="http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=452272&d=1291053174"]THIS[/URL] or another cleaner script.
    4) Flash rom, when prompted flash GAPPS
    5) Reboot
    6) Enjoy my bootani, (had the lockscreen up after the 29th "flash",  I know..)
    7) Skip the set up and disable auto sync
    8) Allow phone to "settle in" for a minimum 5 minutes
    9) Sign in/sync etc.
    10) when all set up reboot

I recommend changing the governor in Evervolv Toolbox/ performance and see what works best with your phone.

Credits
    Code:
    Google for the Android experience
    HTC for a great device that two years later still holds it own
    Preludedrew and all involved in [URL="http://www.evervolv.com/"]Evervolv[/URL]. (you can follow @preludedrew on Twitter) 
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4210085"]atyoung[/URL] for his [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546878"]Mason[/URL] kernel. Please go hit his thanks button up!
    Also special thanks to [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1517632"]Papa Smurf151[/URL] for some of the values from his smurfed out tweeks I've used in testing. 
    Please go hit him up with a thanks in his thread.

and of course, deck,  dsixda, tommy, jesusfreak, brut.all and many more for sure!
    this list could go on and on

Disclaimer
    Code:
    Your warranty is now VOID. I am not responsible if you brick your device, flash at your own risk.
     This is soley an individual effort I offer to you for your flashing pleasure.

Download
    KWIQ-ICS ver 001

GAPPS ICS 3-30-12

Hit that thanks button for me if you enjoy my work!:D
    My deepest apologies for the long delay on an update. I overbooked my time with other projects. I'll be freed up in a matter of days, if not hours. When I do update, expect the same level of unmatched stability, and a much more feature rich experience.
    This thread seemed to be dead for so long I figured there was a lack of interest, apparently I need to check my Dev-Host account more often. 776 downloads, and no reported bugs outside the OP. A couple dozen PM's showing support and giving personal thanks (thanks everyone of you). So, believe this, the next iteration of KWIQ-ICS is going to be my way of thanking all you great folks that have enjoyed this so far.
    P.S. If your a flashaholic like myself, keep an eye open for this. It's gonna change the standard for stability and performance, it can't help to, it's based on the greatest AOSP rom to have ever graced the EVO.

Jamie
    If anyone is interested I will post this rom de-odexed to make it easier to apply mods and such.

Just hit the thanks button on this post to vote yes to deodexing.
    This sounds good but I was just wondering if you have any screenshots? and most importantly how's the battery life without changing kernel?
    Been good for me so far. YMMV of course.

There's a screenshot in the OP. Battery life with Mason Kernel is very good on most phones. Try it and you'll love it.
    Completely agree thanks for chiming in!
    Rom is running wonderfully and quite quickly I must say, well done! I would like to see DSP manager added in (although it does sound great already : p) and if you could add in those quick toggles (particularly the flashlight) that would make things really perfect. Love it tho so far :)
    I'll look into DSP, other mods you mentioned are in the works, I miss the flashlight more than anything!
    Great rom u have here. Very fast IMO, and stable. Keep up the awesome work!!

Sent from my KWIQ powered EVO using XDA
    Thank you, it should get even better as we find proper settings for OOM, and what not.
    Does anyone know where I can find a flashable zip for inverted SMS/mms?

Sent from my KWIQ powered EVO using XDA
    You might try Mazda's One stop Shop for ICS.
    VERY COOL jamieg71! I'll have to flash this morning :)
    Thanks Mazda, really looking forward to your feedback, big fan of Dark LIGHT and would appreciate any insights you care to share. :)

picking this one up~..... cool to see you on ics.....i'm a huge fan of your other rom!...

anyway to add the weather in the notification.. loke aokp?.....thats probably one of the slickest features.....

great work man!
    Thanks crstfr! I'm working on adding features and will definitely be looking into those for sure.

So camcorder does not work, correct? Don't see any info in op about it.

Sent from my heart
    Sorry I will update OP to be more clear, I think I missed camcorder in what's not working. Camera itself though it does actually work, is IMO in need of some major attention. This is one of my top priorities!

Flashed this yesterday and had a reboot when playing triple town. I under locked the Max to 768 which appears to prevent and reboots with triple town.

If anyone is having random reboots I would suggest underclocking and using smartass v2.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the feedback, all truth be told, this ROM is a little pyschizophrenic (*sp?) for it's first few hours. Not sure why that is, has something to do with my commits on dirty background ratio and some other settings. Am testing some new parameters now. I found this current version to have some occasional redraws and random lag, while it does run pretty good I think there is room for improvement. Update soon...

just put this on the wife's phone last night, so far so good

Good to hear she likes it! Wish my girl would have even the slightest interest in anything to do with Android. Anytime I try to show her a ROM I'm working on, or testing out, I get that dear in the headlights blank stare accompanied ny the standard "That's nice honey, could you check my oil?".... wth? lol
    Ah, I see ... though, IMHO, it's kinda sucky ... not enough toggles, brightness takes up whole row, hard to move rearrange.

I guess I'm not into Evervolv's implementation here. CM and MIUI are light years ahead...

Plus the launcher keeps force closing, app drawer won't open, keyboard doesn't show up on text entry ... I guess it's not for me!

Maybe if you had read the OP and could follow directions you would have had the same experience as the other 800 or so people that flashed it. Aren't you the same Guy that just posted Smelkus' work?
    Apparently you have difficulties with following directions or understanding rules.
    You don't like the rom, move on. This ain't troll central.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk