[fix] s5 port dwnld booster toggle [fix]

Search This thread

sahkha_92

Feb 9, 2014
I've been using @ktetreault14's and @cdmvirt's S5 port ROMs for some time now (which by the way, are both amazing, I honestly salute your guys' work), and being extremely particular with regards to small details, I noticed that the Download Booster toggle, though it does show up in the Settings under notification panel, never actually makes to the SystemUI - statusbar toggles. I'm not sure as to whether this was just an issue I was experiencing, perhaps I was doing something wrong while setting up the ROM, however, being new and not being able to post on the development forum, I wasn't really able to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

Nevertheless, I managed to figure out how to enable it, if indeed you were not able to get the 'NetworkBooster' toggle to show up in the statusbar toggles.

---------INSTRUCTIONS--------

1. Go to the Google Drive links below and download the noti_pane_netw_boos.zip AND the SystemUI(corrected toggles).apk.

2. Rename your current SystemUI.apk in system/priv-app/ to SystemUI.apk.bak, or simply back it up just in case.

***MAKE SURE TO DO NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE NEXT STEP IN CASE FOR WHATEVER REASON A PROBLEM ARISES***

3. Reboot into recovery mode (I was using Philz), clear dalvik cache, and flash the 'noti_pane_netw_boos.zip'.

4. Reboot your device.

***NOTE: YOU MUST ADD THE 'WifiCalling' TOGGLE INTO THE 'Settings.db' 'system' TABLE, NOT 'NetworkBooster'. ***

i.e. If you use the SQLite method to add/remove quick toggles, go to SettingsStorage.apk in SQLite Editor, go to Settings.db, then go to 'system' table, then for the value of 'notification_panel_active_apps_list', add 'WifiCalling;', making sure to not add any spaces and to end the line with a ';' (semi-colon).

----> If you use the method of going into csc/feature.xml or csc/others.xml and adding the quick toggles in the <CscFeature_Settings_DefNotificationPanelOrder> and <CscFeature_Settings_DefQuickPanelOrder> tags, simply do the same. Add 'WifiCalling;' at the end of the list.

5. Reboot device once again in order to allow the above changes to take place, and you should have the download booster toggle in the statusbar.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions.

Regards

Downloads:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pnKfhbmNouaXFMOTc5THpLbm8/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pnKfhbmNouZEh3TUF6MlRUUjA/edit?usp=sharing

Screenshots:

Attachments

• 2014-06-26-20-30-47.jpg
    2014-06-26-20-30-47.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 724
  • 2014-06-26-20-31-29.jpg
    2014-06-26-20-31-29.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 653

sahkha_92

Feb 9, 2014
For sure, no problem man haha I was using your ROM to test also so hopefully should work properly :D

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ktetreault14

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Hey man very strong favor. I have a system ui that i will ask you to do the corrected toggle mod to? I would like to add to rom

rajnish_1604@yahoo.com

Jan 21, 2014
I've been using @ktetreault14's and @cdmvirt's S5 port ROMs for some time now (which by the way, are both amazing, I honestly salute your guys' work), and being extremely particular with regards to small details, I noticed that the Download Booster toggle, though it does show up in the Settings under notification panel, never actually makes to the SystemUI - statusbar toggles. I'm not sure as to whether this was just an issue I was experiencing, perhaps I was doing something wrong while setting up the ROM, however, being new and not being able to post on the development forum, I wasn't really able to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

Nevertheless, I managed to figure out how to enable it, if indeed you were not able to get the 'NetworkBooster' toggle to show up in the statusbar toggles.

1. Go to the Google Drive links below and download the noti_pane_netw_boos.zip AND the SystemUI(corrected toggles).apk.

2. Rename your current SystemUI.apk in system/priv-app/ to SystemUI.apk.bak, or simply back it up just in case.

***MAKE SURE TO DO NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE NEXT STEP IN CASE FOR WHATEVER REASON A PROBLEM ARISES***

3. Reboot into recovery mode (I was using Philz), clear dalvik cache, and flash the 'noti_pane_netw_boos.zip'.

4. Reboot your device.

***NOTE: YOU MUST ADD THE 'WifiCalling' TOGGLE INTO THE 'Settings.db' 'system' TABLE, NOT 'NetworkBooster'. ***

i.e. If you use the SQLite method to add/remove quick toggles, go to SettingsStorage.apk in SQLite Editor, go to Settings.db, then go to 'system' table, then for the value of 'notification_panel_active_apps_list', add 'WifiCalling;', making sure to not add any spaces and to end the line with a ';' (semi-colon).

----> If you use the method of going into csc/feature.xml or csc/others.xml and adding the quick toggles in the <CscFeature_Settings_DefNotificationPanelOrder> and <CscFeature_Settings_DefQuickPanelOrder> tags, simply do the same. Add 'WifiCalling;' at the end of the list.

5. Reboot device once again in order to allow the above changes to take place, and you should have the download booster toggle in the statusbar.

hi i unable to boot the phone. i must go back.

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4. Reboot your device.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions.

Regards

Downloads:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pnKfhbmNouaXFMOTc5THpLbm8/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pnKfhbmNouZEh3TUF6MlRUUjA/edit?usp=sharing

Screenshots:
    For sure, no problem man haha I was using your ROM to test also so hopefully should work properly :D

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app