Can an app tell if you are rooted?

Search This thread

ilongbored

May 16, 2006
Utah
The android game DemonHunter by BiCORE does not run on rooted devices. When you open it, it asks for su access. Whether you say yes or no, the game never continues.

Anyone know how they can tell if you are rooted? Is there a way around this besides only temp rooting when you need root and making sure you aren't rooted whenever you want to play the game?

Last edited:

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
The android game DemonHunter by BiCORE does not run on rooted devices. When you open it, it asks for su access. Whether you say yes or no, the game never continues.

Anyone know how they can tell if you are rooted? Is there a way around this besides only temp rooting when you need root and making sure you aren't rooted whenever you want to play the game?

Apps can tell if you are rooted - the ones which require root. I don't know why a game like that would ask for root access. Only apps which require root should ask for root access e.g. setcpu. Does this happen for all your games?

10cheesecakes

Nov 14, 2011
Hopefully I don't get flack for this but I was wondering if.there is a way to hide your root ness? Because it worked on my stock rooted ics. When I installed the cybergr mod.it.didn't work again.

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Hopefully I don't get flack for this but I was wondering if.there is a way to hide your root ness? Because it worked on my stock rooted ics. When I installed the cybergr mod.it.didn't work again.

Install OTA Rootkeeper. Some apps like Amazon Video feel the need to deny root users because they think we are all pirates or something, luckily OTA Rootkeeper allows your device to be unrooted temporarily.