Now this is outstanding! - Samsung and official CM7 support

Search This thread

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I think people are taking this the wrong way. Rather than Samsung selling the phone with CM7 preloaded they are simply encouraging the community to support it with custom ROMs...in this case Cyanogenmod.

Am I wrong?

Reactions: Product F(RED)

tolis626

Dec 31, 2009
Amaliada
I think people are taking this the wrong way. Rather than Samsung selling the phone with CM7 preloaded they are simply encouraging the community to support it with custom ROMs...in this case Cyanogenmod.

Am I wrong?

That's exactly what they want.The guy who mentioned Samsung phones selling with CM just meant that he wishes it'd be so. :)
At least I think so... :p

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I think people are taking this the wrong way.
Exactly.
They gave one guy a free phone, they're not officially supporting CyanogenMod.

Call my cynical but I think this is just a shrewd piece of marketing.
It curries favour with people who have an interest in modding and will probably boost sales of the Galaxy S2 in such circles, especially with those who are firm CM fans.

It's no different to giving away freebies to 'celebs', except this might actually boost sales for them.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
It's a good ploy. I certainly wouldn't buy a device now unless it was CM supported.

13_

Mar 7, 2009
RVA
Sounds like Samsung is using this as a tool to add backdoor pressure on carriers to stop holding back updates and loading the roms with crap. Pretty crafty on their part to directly appeal to the mod community.

Sent from a device powered by hamsters.

mech_egr

Aug 8, 2010
Dayton
So.... does this mean no locked bootloaders/easy root exploits? :-D

EDIT: Would be nice to see HTC follow suit. I'm not bound to any 1 company but the original incredible was and still is (thanks in part to the CM devs) an amazing bit of hardware

Last edited:

aussie1234

Dec 24, 2008
Australia
Good on you Samsung

I applaud Samsung in supporting developers this way and supporting us consumers in being able to further customise our phones.

Whatever the reason is behind Samsung doing this as long as we benefit thats a good thing.

I hope then that these customised ROMS and MODS etc will always be free.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S II after using HTC phones for so long.

Good on you Samsung

Cheers

Aussie :)

lockzackary

Jan 24, 2011
San Pedro
its very nice for samsung to not be afraid if someone would sue them lol

Google once issued a C&D to cyanogen.
If samsung would give their proprietary code to CM, hmm i don't actually know the legalities but hey.. i'm sure somewhere there's an agreement breach?

hehe but negativities aside
Go CM team! :D

Top Liked Posts