[MOD]**WIPE ALL** flashable zip-Perfect Clean Installs!

Search This thread

snandlal

Apr 14, 2010
WARNING!!! THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING

Found this over at the evo forum by evokings so i took it and made it work for us.
This will most likely prevent problems with installing ROMS. Please Wipe before reporting bugs caused by the User(This means us!) :)

It will wipe:

Boot
Data (Dalvik-cache is included in Data)
System
Cache

You choose what you want to wipe......

This is great for flashing ROMS. If you are using a custom recovery and it has an "update.zip" option, for quicker access just rename the zip to "update.zip"

Downloads:

WIPE--ALL.zip--> Wipes Boot, System, Cache, & Data

WIPE--System_Data_Cache.zip--> Wipes System, Data, Cache

WIPE--Cache_Dalvik-cache.zip--> Wipes Cache & Dalvik-cache

Thank evokings from evo

Attachments

• WIPE--ALL.zip
    153.8 KB · Views: 3,790
  • WIPE--System_Data_Cache.zip
    153.8 KB · Views: 1,678
  • WIPE--Cache_Dalvik-cache.zip
    157.2 KB · Views: 2,233
Last edited:

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
So, to be clear, is this is the equivalent of:

Wipe Cache Partition
Factory/Data Reset
Wipe /system
Full dalvik wipe

????

No sd wipe, I assume?

frenccw

Jun 15, 2011
Laziness ftw!!! I will personally be using the Cache + Dalvik Cache wipe the most. Thanks :p

bdpyo

Dec 3, 2010
Philadelphia
I did a wipe before initially using this script, then applied the wipe all* everything seems great.

Sent from my Google Nexus S using XDA App

slayerXcore

Jan 5, 2010
Middletown
j.mp
dalvik is /data/dalvik-cache or /cache/dalvik-cache so wiping both data and cache is the same
also the all does format system and format boot which you can find only under mounts and storage in clockwork recovery

xmRipper

May 11, 2010
Istanbul
www.burakcalik.com
gD03S.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ac17

Flying Fox

Dec 21, 2010
Vienna
OnePlus 9 Pro
what is the meaning of "wiping the system"? iknow about wiping data,dalvic and boot. i dont know what is "wiping system" all about? does this wipe your sdcard? confussing..>_<

The SD-card itself will not be touched. Anyway don´t forget a nandroid backup before flashing.

Wiping "system" means wiping the entire operating system. Look here for some explanation: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...plained-boot-system-recovery-data-cache-misc/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING!!! THIS WILL WIPE EVERYTHING

Found this over at the evo forum by evokings so i took it and made it work for us.
    This will most likely prevent problems with installing ROMS. Please Wipe before reporting bugs caused by the User(This means us!) :)

It will wipe:

Boot
    Data (Dalvik-cache is included in Data)
    System
    Cache

You choose what you want to wipe......

This is great for flashing ROMS. If you are using a custom recovery and it has an "update.zip" option, for quicker access just rename the zip to "update.zip"

Downloads:

WIPE--ALL.zip--> Wipes Boot, System, Cache, & Data

WIPE--System_Data_Cache.zip--> Wipes System, Data, Cache

WIPE--Cache_Dalvik-cache.zip--> Wipes Cache & Dalvik-cache

Thank evokings from evo
    what is the meaning of "wiping the system"? iknow about wiping data,dalvic and boot. i dont know what is "wiping system" all about? does this wipe your sdcard? confussing..>_<

The SD-card itself will not be touched. Anyway don´t forget a nandroid backup before flashing.

Wiping "system" means wiping the entire operating system. Look here for some explanation: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile...plained-boot-system-recovery-data-cache-misc/
    OP updated with new zip for Wiping ONLY Cache & Dalvik-cache
    I flashed your Perfect ICS ROM and now my phone can't get past the Google screen.

I think my phone is bricked. I'll start a new thread about it.

Need to update op that if you flash this. "Dont reboot bec ull brick your phone. Install rom right away."