[ROM]ODJDuB HD*ELITE Series IV Resurrected*UPDATE!View Finder Fixed 05/13/12

Search This thread

missness

Apr 7, 2010
Love this

I've been looking for an attractive and stable rom for a bit now and came across this. I love it, only downfall for me is the camera because I take a lot of pics. Granted I know they still come out in color but sometimes getting the right lighting gets hard with the black and white. I know you're working on an update, will a fix to this be included on the upcoming update? What kind of time frame are we looking at? I only ask because I would love to keep the latest version on my phone but if it's going to be a while I may have to convert back to my previous ROM just to have access to my camera. Thanks for all that you're doing!

Diablo67

I've been looking for an attractive and stable rom for a bit now and came across this. I love it, only downfall for me is the camera because I take a lot of pics. Granted I know they still come out in color but sometimes getting the right lighting gets hard with the black and white. I know you're working on an update, will a fix to this be included on the upcoming update? What kind of time frame are we looking at? I only ask because I would love to keep the latest version on my phone but if it's going to be a while I may have to convert back to my previous ROM just to have access to my camera. Thanks for all that you're doing!
it might be a few,im working on a project with a teamie at the moment,the guy that was supposed to help me with the camera issue is also real buisy,i will try to get that fixed as soon as i can,sorry for the inconvenience.

evo_like

Nov 19, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
it might be a few,im working on a project with a teamie at the moment,the guy that was supposed to help me with the camera issue is also real buisy,i will try to get that fixed as soon as i can,sorry for the inconvenience.

I too, await patiently :) thanks for keeping this rom in mind....was one of my favs, still is. Just want that camera thing to get figured out :)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

polar2792

Oct 23, 2011
Gastonia, NC
The streaming media player is also black and white for me. I'm assuming due to the black and white view finder. Juss thought I'd throw that out there for ya!

timreams

Dec 8, 2008
Pittsburgh
how do i uninstall apps? i have at least 30 apps on my phone but ZDbox said i only had 22. i uninstalled the ones i didnt want out of those 22 but i still have a bunch a crap i would like to remove.

i would also REALLY like to be able to install the former keyboard.

Last edited:

JDM Civic EG8

Sep 16, 2010
Houston
OnePlus 7 Pro
how do i uninstall apps? i have at least 30 apps on my phone but ZDbox said i only had 22. i uninstalled the ones i didnt want out of those 22 but i still have a bunch a crap i would like to remove.

i would also REALLY like to be able to install the former keyboard.

You can delete apps using titanium backup and rom tool box pro. That's what I use with every rom.

Sent From My Evo 4G Amped Up On Verizon Tower Power!

arumaki

May 29, 2009
resurrected.png

Ok guys this is Konikubs Elite Series rom updated with the latest OTA kernel and the wifi is fixed.I kept everything intact,nothing was changed as far as the graphics/theme goes and no tweaks added,its as original as you can get.This rom is fast and smooth,so i hope you guys will like the new updated Elite Series IV.The actual problem i was having with the wifi issue was a corrupt driver.I also had to edit the market updater to keep the market from losing the transparency,otherwise it will update and go to the default theme.

Discalimer:I'm not held responsible for what happens after you download this rom,if you follow the install directions,there will be no problems.

Installation:

1)Download the rom to your desktop
2)Connect your phone to your computer
3)Drag and drop the rom onto your sd card
4)Right click the icon in your taskbar and eject your phone
5)Go into recovery and do a full wipe(everything,BUT SD CARD!!!!DO NOT WIPE SD CARD!!!!)
6)Go to flash zip,then find zip to flash and install the rom
7)First boot after wiping takes longer,but when you finish the set-up,go to system update and update your profile and PRL,then your golden.

Special thanks goes to the following for their commitment,help and donation to make this project successful:

Wgallt(Donator and beta tester)
Outerdepth(Help with the wifi)
Gruesomewolf

Channelog:

Added flashlight app
Added build.prop tweaks
Fixed market from updating and losing transparency
Updated kernel to OTA 4.67.651.3 Stock
Fixed corrupt wifi driver
Preserved original theme
Zipaligned apk's

Tweaks added:

Upgraded video recording and picture quality
Increased wifi speed
Decreased dialing out delay
Internet Tweaks
Render UI with GPU
Increased size of delvik cache from 32m to 64m
Increased scrolling response
Increased battery saving potential
Increased overall performance
Increased video acceleration

Apps added:

Flashlight

Good:

Almost everything works

Bad:

Black and white view finder(can't seem to fix this)

Tweaks & Kernels:

Lionfish-ver 1.2 Kernel

[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.pll

Hey I have this rom and I love it it has no problem nothing but I have small problem that the video is black and white all videos even when I take picture it is black and white disply but when I put it on computer it is normal can u tell me that what I have to do fix it plz
Thabks

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium​

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
resurrected.png

Ok guys this is Konikubs Elite Series rom updated with the latest OTA kernel and the wifi is fixed.I kept everything intact,nothing was changed as far as the graphics/theme goes and no tweaks added,its as original as you can get.This rom is fast and smooth,so i hope you guys will like the new updated Elite Series IV.The actual problem i was having with the wifi issue was a corrupt driver.I also had to edit the market updater to keep the market from losing the transparency,otherwise it will update and go to the default theme.

Discalimer:I'm not held responsible for what happens after you download this rom,if you follow the install directions,there will be no problems.

Installation:

5)Go into recovery and do a full wipe(everything,BUT SD CARD!!!!DO NOT WIPE SD CARD!!!!)
7)First boot after wiping takes longer,but when you finish the set-up,go to system update and update your profile and PRL,then your golden.

Special thanks goes to the following for their commitment,help and donation to make this project successful:

Gruesomewolf

Channelog:

Added flashlight app
Added build.prop tweaks
Preserved original theme
Zipaligned apk's

Tweaks added:

Increased wifi speed
Internet Tweaks
Render UI with GPU

Apps added:

Flashlight

Good:

Almost everything works

Bad:

Black and white view finder(can't seem to fix this)

Tweaks & Kernels:

Lionfish-ver 1.2 Kernel

[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.pll

Hey I have this rom and I love it it has no problem nothing but I have small problem that the video is black and white all videos even when I take picture it is black and white disply but when I put it on computer it is normal can u tell me that what I have to do fix it plz
Thabks

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium​

Per OP, this is a known bug and will be fixed with the next update

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium​

Reactions: akkohly

Ken C

Mar 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
This is too cool. Elite was the first ROM I ever installed on my phone that worked and looked the way I wanted it to. Been waiting forever for koni to update it, but I guess he had better things to do. Last I heard he was hunting for work. Downloading now. And thanks again for bringing a really good ROM back from the dead:)

Sent from the Dark Side Of The Moon

missness

Apr 7, 2010
Still awesome

This is the best ROM ever, just hoping the camera fix is coming up soon. Been trying out other ROM's to hold me over but they're all too buggy so far. I know Diablo has been working hard on a lot of other projects, so maybe we'll get the update soon, I can't wait :)

Diablo67

This is too cool. Elite was the first ROM I ever installed on my phone that worked and looked the way I wanted it to. Been waiting forever for koni to update it, but I guess he had better things to do. Last I heard he was hunting for work. Downloading now. And thanks again for bringing a really good ROM back from the dead:)

Sent from the Dark Side Of The Moon

This is the best ROM ever, just hoping the camera fix is coming up soon. Been trying out other ROM's to hold me over but they're all too buggy so far. I know Diablo has been working hard on a lot of other projects, so maybe we'll get the update soon, I can't wait :)

Yea works been kickin my butt here lately and my computer died on me,so as soon as i can fix my computer and get a break from work,my next project will be to update this rom again,also any donations are welcome and will help things go a little faster for my pc problems.

Donators:OuterDepth.Thanks brother.

Sent from Acer Iconia A500 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
I am also gonna be helping Diablo67 with this, so we can bring you the best and the brightest for this build. His pc will be back up asap, and I will be on this asap as well. You guys should receive an update lickity split, lol!

By the way, this is one my favorite oldy but goodies!!:D

Chaz187

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 5, 2011
Orange city
I am also gonna be helping Diablo67 with this, so we can bring you the best and the brightest for this build. His pc will be back up asap, and I will be on this asap as well. You guys should receive an update lickity split, lol!

can't wait this was always an awesome rom, and Diablo67 brought it back to life!!!! thanks guys for keeping the OG 4G up too date.

Thanks,
Charles

evo_like

Nov 19, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Thank you in advance to both Diablo and outerdepth! I can't wait for the update:) I mean come on, if the camera black/white issue is fixed, the rom is golden right there! :) thanks for all your efforts, guys :)

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    resurrected.png

Installation:

Gruesomewolf

Channelog:

Added flashlight app
    Added build.prop tweaks
    Preserved original theme
    Zipaligned apk's

Tweaks added:

Increased wifi speed
    Internet Tweaks
    Render UI with GPU

Apps added:

Flashlight

Good:

Viewfinder Fix: (Thanks to Shanasty2)

4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc

Tweaks & Kernels:

Lionfish-ver 1.2 Kernel

Smurfed Out Script

Download

ELITE Series IV
    Loading netarchy kernel fixed black/white viewfinder for me. This is the exact kernel used: (2.6.32.27-netarchy-toastmod-4.3.4-cfs-havs-more-sbc).

Well that made my day! Diablo pulled it off and I just did a two hour test drive and aside from a couple of kinks with the camera and wifi it's running like a champ. The battery drain is pretty rough like the original so we need to take a look at some alternate kernels. But all in all it's looking great. I'll let him fill ya in on the details tomorrow. Big thanks to Diablo for his hard work and stepping up on this.
    Like Wgallt said theres a few bugs with the wifi and video,i believe i know what the video issue is,its the wifi thats a little tricky,im testing a few kernels,like wireless n fix to solve this issue,since its a 4.67 base.Everything else works great,wgallt has confirmed the new updated base from froyo to gingerbread has been successfully applied.If anyone has any suggestions for the wifi,i will definitely give it a shot.

Everything stayed in tact,so it looks like the original,nothing was changed as far as the graphics go.I noticed konikub had some video and battery issues with his latest release,i will try to fix this issue also.I'm off to work,but ill be on it as soon as i get home guys.
    That sounds perfect!
    I'm heading to west coast, so my hours are going to be screwed up for the week. Let me know if you need help with anything, Diablo.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
    Thanks brother,i definitely will.

I like the idea of the Legacy Rosie, too. A ot of Tommy's tweaks would work well with this ROM, and I can do something for the stock Wallpaper. I had made and ES II wallpaper at one point that was nice.

Just one thing, Koni had a unique shade of a deep blue that I just love.

It's very close to #0e06b3 for anyone themeing this.
    Thats sounds great,i'll stick it in,i'm working on a beta release now,i have been donated to,so i have decided to let the donator(wgallt)take over testing,if he/she refuses,i will post that i have a opening for testers.Donators will have first choice of course.I will have a test rom ready tonite,i of course will test it first before uploading it to testers,so to make sure it boots and installs correctly.