Search This thread

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Universal Naked Driver 0.72
** Google Nexus 4 Added
** Google Nexus 10 Added
** Google Nexus Q Added
** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
[B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.

Enjoy!

Megiddo2000

Jul 25, 2012
been looking for something liek this. I have no idea how to even install the drivers for adb and stuff
any specific instructions to install/
or just plug and play?

thx!

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
plug in per adb and per fastboot mode each! then in device manager point to the folder you extracted, done!
Hey mate,

Can you tell me the driver names (USB\VID_**) for the Nexus 10 so I can add them to the automatic install in the Toolkit. I looked in your inf file but couldnt seem to find a Nexus 10 section like the others you have added. I need the adb and fastboot driver names and download mode driver names if they are included in your pack.

If anyone else also knows this please let me know as soon as possible as I want to release the Toolkit tonight.

Mark.

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Hey mate,

Can you tell me the driver names (USB\VID_**) for the Nexus 10 so I can add them to the automatic install in the Toolkit. I looked in your inf file but couldnt seem to find a Nexus 10 section like the others you have added. I need the adb and fastboot driver names and download mode driver names if they are included in your pack.

If anyone else also knows this please let me know as soon as possible as I want to release the Toolkit tonight.

Mark.

Hello mskip,

I know what you mean and its not listed separated in the INF from Google but I can tell you its one of these below for ADB but the only Bootloaders one is the fastboot. Google stuck it under the generic section, not sure why. I do not own one so I can not verify sorry.

Code:
;Google Nexus (generic)
%GoogleNexusBootLoaderInterface% 					= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE0
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%        					= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE1
[B]%GoogleNexusADBInterface%     						= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE2
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%     						= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE2&MI_01[/B]
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%        					= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE3
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%     						= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE4&MI_01
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%        					= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE5
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%     						= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE6&MI_01

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hello mskip,

I know what you mean and its not listed separated in the INF from Google but I can tell you its one of these below for ADB but the only Bootloaders one is the fastboot. Google stuck it under the generic section, not sure why. I do not own one so I can not verify sorry.

Code:
;Google Nexus (generic)
%GoogleNexusBootLoaderInterface% 					= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE0
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%        					= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE1
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%     						= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE2
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%     						= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE2&MI_01
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%        					= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE3
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%     						= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE4&MI_01
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%        					= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE5
%GoogleNexusADBInterface%     						= USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4EE6&MI_01
Thanks for the info I figured maybe it was those but needed to be sure as I dont have the device either yet (stupid google) and needed to be sure.

Mark.

Nitemare3219

Nov 24, 2010
These drivers are working for my N4, and were working for my N10 when inside Clockwork recovery, but they are not recognizing the device when it's booted. The drivers say they are updated, and when I try to uninstall them, there is no option for removing the driver software. The device is showing up in Portable Devices inside Device Manager.

Can I manually delete the driver software to try again?

Edit: I'm stupid. Didn't have USB debug enabled.

Last edited:

notfaded1

Jun 18, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
My nexus 10 said it was Nexus a Nexus 4 under devices

Maybe this is normal... anyhow great driver... works great updated from Samsung drivers I was using b4 :^}

JohnnyQ1964

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
What about the drivers installed by Kies.... Should I be deleting those as well?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

ShadowVlican

Feb 27, 2007
Toronto
detects my nexus 10 as a nexus 4

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

nvm.... was able to root with Superboot regardless

Smiling Cat

Jan 6, 2013
Drivers work great thank you for your work. Was able to root with my Nexus 10 with Superboot without unlocking. Made the whole process way easier.

c_h0use

Dec 22, 2010
How would I get the driver to work with my AT&T One X? Keeps saying the driver is up to date with the "MTP USB Device" driver.

hmartinez91

Feb 13, 2013
Deleting old Drivers

I'm working on getting the naked drivers working on an Asus transformer prime but when I go to uninstall the old/automatic drivers there is no option to delete them so when I disconnect it from my laptop and reconnect it (offline) it still picks up the old drivers.
when I try to manually change the drivers (with the official one still installed) it tells me

" The software you selected does not contain a compatible software driver for this device. if the folder contains a driver make sure it is designed to work with windows for 32-bit systems."

russyanderson

Aug 17, 2011
help

no matter what i do i cant root my nexus 10, i had it rooted before the 4.2.2 update, doing it via my girlfriends laptop running but the laptop broke and cant get root access again because im running windows 8 and my days what a pain in the arse this is to do,

i see in device manager when nexus 10 is connected as followed:

Other devices:
! ADB interface with warning sign
! Unknown device

but no android phone or anything

portable devices
nexus 10

please help guys im just trying to do one of the simplest things here in rooting,, took 30secs on windows 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Naked Driver 0.72
    ** Google Nexus 4 Added
    ** Google Nexus 10 Added
    ** Google Nexus Q Added
    ** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
    MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
    Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
    HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
    [B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
    Click ‘More PC Settings’.
    Click ‘General’.
    Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
    Wait a bit.
    Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Click ‘Advanced Options’
    Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
    Click Restart.

Enjoy!