[MOD] Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4 (Version 1.x - Old Version)

Search This thread

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4
(Version 1.x - Old Version)

N16vUE0.png

Description: This method (nearly identical to my previous thread for the Verizon Galaxy S III) will help you get Google Wallet working on your Verizon Galaxy S4, regardless if you have a TouchWiz-based ROM or AOSP-based and whether it's Odexed or Deodexed. This should also work on AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile Galaxy S4 as well.

Please Note: In order to use this method you need to be rooted and have a custom recovery (1, 2, or 3).

Video Demos of the Full Process (Courtesy of 17akota and DroidModd3rX)

Downloads (Version R96 v16)

How to Apply Mod

1. Make sure you have no Google Wallet pre-installed, or if you do, reset data on it
2. Once you have reset the data, go to the Wallet app in your Application Manager
3. Select to "Clear Cache", then to "Clear Data"
4. If you see "Uninstall Updates", select that button, but if you see "Disable" button leave it alone
5. Using a root explorer and text editor, change build.prop lines to correspond to this
Code:
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
ro.product.device=maguro
6. Keep an old version as a backup
7. Copy the TouchWiz or AOSP zip file for the mod to your phone/SD Card
8. Reboot into your recovery and flash the Google Wallet mod
9. Boot back into the OS and open Xposed Installer app (should be installed after flash)
10. Select "Install/Update" and allow root access if it asks
11. Reboot your device
12. Download and install Paul's Xposed Wallet apk
13. Launch Xposed Installer app again and go to the "Modules" tab
14. Enable the module by checking the checkbox for it
15. Reboot your device again
16. Now open Google Wallet and setup everything as needed (PIN/Security/Cards, etc...)
17. After it is all setup and working, change your modified build.prop back to ONE of the below

Verizon Galaxy S4
Code:
ro.product.model=SCH-I545
ro.product.name=jfltevzw
ro.product.device=jfltevzw

AT&T Galaxy S4
Code:
ro.product.model=SGH-I337
ro.product.name=jflteatt
ro.product.device=jflteatt

T-Mobile Galaxy S4
Code:
ro.product.model=SGH-M919
ro.product.name=jfltetmo
ro.product.device=jfltetmo

Sprint Galaxy S4
Code:
ro.product.model=SPH-L720
ro.product.name=jfltespr
ro.product.device=jfltespr
18. Reboot your phone normally one last time and you will be all set

When Changing Roms

1. Open Google Wallet
2. Press the Menu key on your device
3. Select "Settings"
4. Select "Reset Google Wallet app"
5. Select "Reset" button
6. Flash your new ROM and/or wipe as needed
7. Follow "How to Apply Mod" directions again from the beginning

Updating to New Version Anytime

1. Follow "How to Apply Mod" steps #5 and 6
2. Reboot your device
3. Open the Play Store and update Google Wallet
4. Open Google Wallet and test everything is working
5. If all is good, follow "How to Apply Mod" steps #17
6. Reboot your device again and confirm everything still working

Credits

Credit goes to PaulOBrien for providing the patched Google Wallet apk (Original Post)
Credit goes to tonu42 for creating the original thread for the mod (Original Post)
Credit goes to rovo89 for creating the Xposed Mod (Original Post)
Credit goes to joemagistro for creating the deodexed-only version of this mod in the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 section (Original Post)

Attachments

• com.modaco.xposed.wallet.apk
    26.4 KB · Views: 8,027
  • JFLTEVZW-Wallet-TW-JB-1.6-R96-v16.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 7,038
  • JFLTEVZW-Wallet-AOSP-JB-1.6-R96-v16.zip
    5 MB · Views: 1,995
Last edited:

coolsilver

Dec 23, 2007
Well I got this working from the other thread but looks to be same methods which is fine.

Now poking around... I noticed I have a devices section on the Wallet website and see I can reset it remotely if anything happens (though I wouldn't test that for ROM issues). Nice to know... is this more a secure element self destruct?

Also I notice a section asking to "Verify Identify" which if required... I will. But I am already reading where people have entire Play Store/Checkout locked out over this permanently over this. I just hope I don't get my account screwed one day because Google hates the grocery which I shop at or some lame thing where GPS is off by 500ft and claims I'm not there.... I know farfetched and over the top but just concerned or if anyone had issues with this.

iTechWNC

May 19, 2013
Ok it works for me untill I change my build.prop back. What am I doing wrong

Sent from my galaxy nexus using xda app-developers app

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Well I got this working from the other thread but looks to be same methods which is fine.

Now poking around... I noticed I have a devices section on the Wallet website and see I can reset it remotely if anything happens (though I wouldn't test that for ROM issues). Nice to know... is this more a secure element self destruct?

Also I notice a section asking to "Verify Identify" which if required... I will. But I am already reading where people have entire Play Store/Checkout locked out over this permanently over this. I just hope I don't get my account screwed one day because Google hates the grocery which I shop at or some lame thing where GPS is off by 500ft and claims I'm not there.... I know farfetched and over the top but just concerned or if anyone had issues with this.

I wouldn't worry too much about those, I think the remote reset from the website just wipes the app by itself, the secure element stays working so it can be passed on. Highly unlikely and unnecessary that Google will want to brick a secure element for security purposes.

Ok it works for me untill I change my build.prop back. What am I doing wrong

Sent from my galaxy nexus using xda app-developers app

Which method did you use? What happens when you restore the build.prop? I personally have this running back on the stock build.prop using method A, so I know no issues on that one.

djdef80

Apr 26, 2013
Will this work for the at&t phone of the same model sgh-i337? Stock rom rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

trogdor3222

Feb 13, 2010
I'm currently stuck in "identity verification hell" and can't use Wallet even on my 100% stock Nexus 7. not happy. I sent them my license and a utility bill already and they still want more (SS card) which seems ridiculous. Amazon Payments was required to collect SSNs not too long ago...but they didn't require a freakin scan of the original document.

ugh.

anyway: Method A works great for me (still on TouchWiz for now sadly).

anyone else notice that when you change the build.prop product name, if you long-press the home button you see three icons along the bottom of the screen instead of "Task manager", "Google", and "Close All"? I believe that's what AT&T/T-Mo users see by default. wasn't enough to get rid of that stupid WiFi notification though ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Will this work for the at&t phone of the same model sgh-i337? Stock rom rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

The way I designed it I'm pretty sure it should. Give it a try and let us know. :)

I'm currently stuck in "identity verification hell" and can't use Wallet even on my 100% stock Nexus 7. not happy. I sent them my license and a utility bill already and they still want more (SS card) which seems ridiculous. Amazon Payments was required to collect SSNs not too long ago...but they didn't require a freakin scan of the original document.

ugh.

anyway: Method A works great for me (still on TouchWiz for now sadly).

anyone else notice that when you change the build.prop product name, if you long-press the home button you see three icons along the bottom of the screen instead of "Task manager", "Google", and "Close All"? I believe that's what AT&T/T-Mo users see by default. wasn't enough to get rid of that stupid WiFi notification though ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545

Wow sorry to hear about all that difficulty. Hope you get it resolved with Google promptly! Glad to hear the method worked for you though (as expected). ;)

On an unrelated note take a read at this thread here regarding the icons instead of words and also the Wifi notification fixes: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2295622

Reactions: trogdor3222

dseda86

Oct 25, 2010
Awesome! Going to switch to odex rom and try later. Hopefully this works!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Uxbridge
www.alpinezone.com
Method A , Step 7. Reboot into your recovery and flash the Google Wallet mod

The file downloads as JFLTEVZW-Wallet-TW-JB-1.6-R96-v16.zip.zip

It's a nested zip file. does it need to be unzipped one level first or is that just the name of it ?

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
Mine has been at 'setting up this could take 5 minutes' for 10 minutes. I used Method A.

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Uxbridge
www.alpinezone.com
Nice, just finished Method A.

ZIP file was fine as is.

Everything appears to be working. Will confirm after i get to make a purchase at some point. Thanks!!!!

Edit; I had previously used Google Wallet on my Galaxy Nexus so everthing came back, cards, etc. easy peasy.

just4747

Jul 18, 2010
What happens if we follow all steps properly and get Wallet working, but then flash the 3Minit framework after in order to use the UI tweaks that the 3Minit app offers? Does that mess anything up for Wallet or is that Xposed framework needed permanently?

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Method A , Step 7. Reboot into your recovery and flash the Google Wallet mod

The file downloads as JFLTEVZW-Wallet-TW-JB-1.6-R96-v16.zip.zip

It's a nested zip file. does it need to be unzipped one level first or is that just the name of it ?

My mistake, it's not actually a nested file if you look inside, I just forgot to rename it. I'll reupload with proper name to avoid confusion.

Mine has been at 'setting up this could take 5 minutes' for 10 minutes. I used Method A.

This one did take some time for me as well, usually just let it be there for about 5-15 minutes. It checks a lot of stuff in the background at this point.

Reactions: EVOme and Parafly

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
This one did take some time for me as well, usually just let it be there for about 5-15 minutes. It checks a lot of stuff in the background at this point.

Wow!! That took like 23 minutes to configure, but it's working!!!!!!!!! Solid work on this. This was the only thing my S4 was missing.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
What happens if we follow all steps properly and get Wallet working, but then flash the 3Minit framework after in order to use the UI tweaks that the 3Minit app offers? Does that mess anything up for Wallet or is that Xposed framework needed permanently?

The Xposed framework is needed to stay there for Google Wallet to patch properly but if I understand that 3Minit mod correctly I think it just added an additional patch to the Xposed framework to enable and doesn't need to replace it? Could be wrong but I think it should be fine.

ticrandall

Oct 30, 2011
Google Pixel 5
I already have xposed framework installed. Do I have to UN install it before doing this? I'll lose all my mods.. and have to set it all up again, grr.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Patched Google Wallet for Galaxy S4
    (Version 1.x - Old Version)

N16vUE0.png

Description: This method (nearly identical to my previous thread for the Verizon Galaxy S III) will help you get Google Wallet working on your Verizon Galaxy S4, regardless if you have a TouchWiz-based ROM or AOSP-based and whether it's Odexed or Deodexed. This should also work on AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile Galaxy S4 as well.

Please Note: In order to use this method you need to be rooted and have a custom recovery (1, 2, or 3).

Video Demos of the Full Process (Courtesy of 17akota and DroidModd3rX)

Downloads (Version R96 v16)

How to Apply Mod

1. Make sure you have no Google Wallet pre-installed, or if you do, reset data on it
    2. Once you have reset the data, go to the Wallet app in your Application Manager
    3. Select to "Clear Cache", then to "Clear Data"
    4. If you see "Uninstall Updates", select that button, but if you see "Disable" button leave it alone
    5. Using a root explorer and text editor, change build.prop lines to correspond to this
    Code:
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro
    6. Keep an old version as a backup
    7. Copy the TouchWiz or AOSP zip file for the mod to your phone/SD Card
    8. Reboot into your recovery and flash the Google Wallet mod
    9. Boot back into the OS and open Xposed Installer app (should be installed after flash)
    10. Select "Install/Update" and allow root access if it asks
    11. Reboot your device
    12. Download and install Paul's Xposed Wallet apk
    13. Launch Xposed Installer app again and go to the "Modules" tab
    14. Enable the module by checking the checkbox for it
    15. Reboot your device again
    16. Now open Google Wallet and setup everything as needed (PIN/Security/Cards, etc...)
    17. After it is all setup and working, change your modified build.prop back to ONE of the below

Verizon Galaxy S4
    Code:
    ro.product.model=SCH-I545
    ro.product.name=jfltevzw
    ro.product.device=jfltevzw

AT&T Galaxy S4
    Code:
    ro.product.model=SGH-I337
    ro.product.name=jflteatt
    ro.product.device=jflteatt

T-Mobile Galaxy S4
    Code:
    ro.product.model=SGH-M919
    ro.product.name=jfltetmo
    ro.product.device=jfltetmo

Sprint Galaxy S4
    Code:
    ro.product.model=SPH-L720
    ro.product.name=jfltespr
    ro.product.device=jfltespr
    18. Reboot your phone normally one last time and you will be all set

When Changing Roms

1. Open Google Wallet
    2. Press the Menu key on your device
    3. Select "Settings"
    4. Select "Reset Google Wallet app"
    5. Select "Reset" button
    6. Flash your new ROM and/or wipe as needed
    7. Follow "How to Apply Mod" directions again from the beginning

Updating to New Version Anytime

1. Follow "How to Apply Mod" steps #5 and 6
    2. Reboot your device
    3. Open the Play Store and update Google Wallet
    4. Open Google Wallet and test everything is working
    5. If all is good, follow "How to Apply Mod" steps #17
    6. Reboot your device again and confirm everything still working

Credits

Credit goes to PaulOBrien for providing the patched Google Wallet apk (Original Post)
    Credit goes to tonu42 for creating the original thread for the mod (Original Post)
    Credit goes to rovo89 for creating the Xposed Mod (Original Post)
    Credit goes to joemagistro for creating the deodexed-only version of this mod in the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 section (Original Post)
    UPDATE: Please note that this thread is and will be staying as Verizon 1.x for the future in case anyone runs into issues running the newer versions. I have created a new thread for any and all discussion, help, or troubleshooting using the new version of Google Wallet. I ask anyone attempting to test the new version please visit and post in that thread instead so we can avoid confusion going forward. For all help relating the old version of Google Wallet please continue discussion in this thread.

Thank you all,
    Open1Your1Eyes0

Link to thread for New Version (2.x+) of Google Wallet
    Anyone with a Galaxy S4 on STOCK TouchWiz ROM willing to test the below?
    1. If you have Xposed app installed be sure to disable/uncheck the Google Wallet Root/Region Check Remover in the Modules section of the app
    2. Force Stop the Wallet app (in Application manager)
    3. Clear Cache and Clear Data on Wallet app (in Application manager)
    4. Delete all traces of it from both locations /system/app and /data/app/ (could be called com.google.android.apps.wallet.apk or similar or could be called Wallet.apk as well - check both)
    5. Reboot your device
    6. Flash the attached file I have in this post using your custom recovery (TWRP or CWM)
    7. Open the Wallet app and set everything up
    8. Check what "Tap and Pay" says in "About" section of the app
    9. Confirm what happens on a transaction
    10. If failure, go back to Xposed app and enable/check the Google Wallet Root/Region Check Remover in the Modules section of the app
    11. Reboot your device
    12. Test again a transaction again
    ***WARNING*** TouchWiz ROMs only!! Preferably stock but if you're using custom just make sure to include that in your post when you tell us the results.
    Woww dude.. Basically you took my patched fix and renamed it to Verizon and pretty much jacked my instructions for method A and didn't even give the slightest bit of thanks on your OP.. that's wrong.... Then in my MAIN thread, you told vz users to post here instead since this is a Verizon forum and to leave the T-mobile talk there..

News flash, the patch is the same for all variants, all derived from sprint.. It doesn't matter if you have tmo, verizon, or att, the fix will work for all carriers..

Not to be a prick but this is kinda messed up

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry that you feel I have hijacked your original mod. You originally posted in the T-Mobile section for the Galaxy S4 and as you can see I was working on the same mod way back on the Verizon Galaxy S III. My initial intent on creating this thread was to make one that works universally on both deodex and odex with both AOSP and TouchWiz ROMs. Since there was no known working Odex version (the one MikesTooLz created was confirmed not working on Verizon devices and some AT&T as well) and no one stepped up to take on a proper working Odex version after multiple requests, this is what motivated me to make one myself. I just did not want to confirm it works on other devices just yet until more people can test but this version differs from yours as it universal (at least for Verizon devices for sure) and modifies many less files than your modify so we can keep as close to stock as possible but still have the required files to get Google Wallet working.

Please note I did not take any code or files from your original mod, I merely replicated what I previously did for the Galaxy S III by taking the same one from a deodexed Sprint S4 ROM (if this is what you have done as well it is by mere coincidence since this the only known working solution that has worked in the past). But I do feel bad about not giving any credit so I will go ahead and edit the OP to rectify this situation. I hope you understand where I came with the idea for this as I merely wanted to recreate for the Verizon Galaxy S4 the same that I did on the Verizon Galaxy S III (especially since we had no thread in our section, just one linking back to your deodexed-only version). No hard feelings sir?
    Is it the old wallet apk that is borking the nfc or is it that the zip from the OP also includes an older version of the exposed installer that's not compatible with 4.3 roms?

It's the apk that breaks nfc..... I'm not on a 4.3 rom. I'm on hyperdrive 10. 2 which is 4.2.2 based. Hyperdrive comes with xposed. The old apk would just flash the older xposed framework which can easily be updated from the download section of the framework. It's when I flash the zip nfc breaks. I cannot figure it out. The old apk worked fine on hyperdrive 9.1, then 10. Breaks on 10.1 and 10.2. The new apk of Google wallet. Sets up fine, but the transaction won't go through. Really hoping someone can help me with this issue as no one has been able to help for either old or new apk.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk