Ouya Store on Amazon Fire TV

Search This thread

mrchrister

Nov 28, 2009
I would love to get Towerfall working on the ftv but I only have the Amazon Controller... Did anyone try Towerfall with a non-ouya controller?

xm41907

Dec 7, 2010
Could this work on the Fire TV Stick where we don't have root, so unable to freeze the launcher?

xm41907

Dec 7, 2010
I have this working well on a rooted FTV, but it continues to hijack the home button. With just the normal FTV launcher as default again, if I play an Ouya game, the hit home, it brings up an Ouya system window and doesn't go back to the FTV home. It is annoying as heck. I can disable the Ouya launcher using Titanium Backup and it won't mess up my home button functionality, but then the Ouya games no longer work. Anyone else experiencing this menu hijack?

goodhur

Dec 4, 2013
The site to download the APKs has been down the last few days. Could someone please repost them?
Thanks

mejdam

May 12, 2008
The site to download the APKs has been down the last few days. Could someone please repost them?
Thanks

yeah, sorry about that. im having issues with that web host. im actually moving to a different company so i uploaded the files to my drive account for now. i updated the OP with the new link

Reactions: goodhur

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Tried to get this to work on the Nvidia shield android TV but the Ouya launcher crashes very quickly after launch. I choose the Ouya launcher to be the primary launcher on a one time basis only because the shield tv is not rooted and no way to install Titanium Backup. There are primarily 3 games I would like to install on the NSATV; Broken Age, Whispering Willows, and Neverending Nightmare. Thse are all paid games, would they work if I pulled them off the Ouya and and installed them on the NSATV? The NSATV is lollipop 5.1 could that be a problem.

Last edited:

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
Has anyone tried using the OUYA launcher and store on the Fire TV 2? I'm really interested in this.

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008

I have an OUYA. Everyone on the Internet who knows me, knows I have aa OUYA. Hell I also have a OUYA YouTube show. Fact is Tegra 3 is old and I'm looking to migrate my OUYA library over to better hardware while staying within the OUYA environment. At the very least, you should be happy that Amazon is getting another sale. I buy Android games from all three major stores, Google Play, Amazon and OUYA. There's nobody as serious about Android gaming as me.

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
I have an OUYA. Everyone on the Internet who knows me, knows I have aa OUYA. Hell I also have a OUYA YouTube show. Fact is Tegra 3 is old and I'm looking to migrate my OUYA library over to better hardware while staying within the OUYA environment. At the very least, you should be happy that Amazon is getting another sale. I buy Android games from all three major stores, Google Play, Amazon and OUYA. There's nobody as serious about Android gaming as me.
Sorry I didn't know you on the internet

elmerohueso

Nov 29, 2010
Provo

Lol.
You don't know who he is?! He's got a whole 128 YouTube subscribers, so how dare you not know who he is!

/sarcasm

Unless your name is Chainfire, don't try pulling the "Don't you know who I am?" routine on XDA.

Reactions: kr338r

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
How did you install Ouya?

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

I know who you are from the ouyaforum.com. So, at least someone here knows you. :D

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
How did you install Ouya?

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

I know who you are from the ouyaforum.com. So, at least someone here knows you. :D

If you want to PM me, I can get you the OUYA files to install on your Fire TV. I made a gaming thread and have my working OUYA games list posted there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had purchased a ton of Ouya games from the Ouya Store and i lets be honest, they have some games that both Google and Amazon dont have yet. I pulled these APKS from the Madcatz Mojo after the recent Ouya Everywhere update.

READ ALL THE STEPS FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING.

1.) If you have an Ouya Controller pair it to your Fire TV, Yes it works.
    2.) Download and install all Ouya Apk Files HERE

I pulled newer APk from the mojo as of 031715 (I havent tested these yet) HERE

3.) You will probably notice an Ouya App in Setting - Applications, if you attempt to launch that application it will tell you theres nothing to do, so dont waste your time and dont launch it.
    4.) Perform unknown sources mod HERE
    5.) Install TitaniumBackup Pro and Freeze KFTV Launcher (You will need a USB mouse or something that emulates a mouse cursor)
    6.) Hit the home key on your Fire TV Remote, it will launch Ouya Launcher
    7.) Log in with your Ouya Account and you should see the normal Ouya Launcher screen Install whatever you want. If for whatever reason you click and it doesnt register your fire remote than use your mouse.
    8.) Install any app/game from the Ouya Store
    9.) Make - Software, launch TitaniumBackup Pro, unfreeze the KFTV Launcher
    11.) Press Home again and you'll get the regular Fire Tv launcher. Launch any ouya app/game you installed from the Setting - Application.

post what games you've attempted and worked.

Works:
    Age of Empire
    Big Action Mega Fight!
    Canabalt HD
    Double Dragon
    Fist Puncher
    Ittle Dew
    MiniGore 2: Zombies
    Neon Shadow
    Nostalgia
    ShadowBlade
    SuperGNES
    TowerFall
    Vector
    You Dont Know Jack

Doesnt Work:
    Amazing Frog!
    BombSquad (Upon Launch it'll say hardware not supported)
    The Cave
    FPse For Ouya (Runs but Crashes when Rom is Loaded)
    I hope this doesn't break any forum rules but here is a link to the OUYA files
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Pfxu4WNh44RlRmWkJ5bWlxYzA&usp=sharing

Additionally here is a link to my master list of OUYA games working on the AFTV2, all games were tested with a generic XBox 360 controller as the OUYA controller is a mess on the AFTV 2, even in the OUYA menu.

http://firetvgamers.freeforums.net/thread/2/ouya-games-compatible-fire-tv
    I got it to work without autopilot.

To get back to the KFTV Launcher, you just need to go to Make / Software, launch TitaniumBackup Pro, unfreeze the KFTV Launcher and hit the Home button. No reboot needed
    Thanks

yeah, sorry about that. im having issues with that web host. im actually moving to a different company so i uploaded the files to my drive account for now. i updated the OP with the new link

Lol.
    You don't know who he is?! He's got a whole 128 YouTube subscribers, so how dare you not know who he is!

/sarcasm

Unless your name is Chainfire, don't try pulling the "Don't you know who I am?" routine on XDA.