Phone connection dropping

Search This thread

jchap2k

Mar 23, 2007
Dallas
My P3600 phone goes insane sometimes, and will not dial out (hangs up immediately after dialing without ringing), or hangs up within 5s of me answering. Does this happen to anyone else, and if it does, what do you change to fix it?

jchap2k

mook2420

Mar 30, 2007
Me also

Running the new HTC official ROM, I noticed it first with the upgrade, I make a call like voicemail from the attention prompt and I put the phone to my head and the call is ended after like 5 sec. I though at first my ear was hitting end but tried it without moving the phone anywhere and it still will randomly end calls right after I try to make them... tried disabling smart dialing and that seemed to work at first but I could have just been lucky because it didn't keep working... anyone else besides us three?

mihaig

Jan 19, 2007
I also lose calls or conversations break in the middle. I went to HTC service and thet recommended me to change the SIM with a newer one. I did that today and I only lost one call so far (but I was sending an MMS while talking to a customer service rep so it might be related to that). If things improve I will let you know.

Feb 18, 2006
I did have a sim card go bad that had to be replaced. The phone wasnt dropping any calls, then all of a sudden just couldnt find the network. My new card has dropped a lot of calls lately.

But i'm not too worried, my service provider thinks its there network fault and I the complete call is free as long as I phone the person back.

Anybody have a 'settings' solution, I would be very interested.

jchap2k

Mar 23, 2007
Dallas
I tried turning off UMTS (using only edge), and so far I have not had any dropped calls/immediate hang ups. Would getting a new SIMs card allow me to turn back on the UMTS bands?

Well, so far no more dropped calls after turning off UMTS. I wonder if a new SIMs card would help in this matter. (mine is only 1 year old though).

John009

Apr 27, 2007
Only with Car Bluetooth

There are some gaps in the conversations when I use the Nokia Carset bluetooth but with the P3600 itself no problems so far (just 1.5 week old). I do have some problems with the SD card, ones two days the info is corrupted and I need to format the SD card.

Flipside

Oct 7, 2005
Copenhagen
As far as I have found out, the problem has to do with 3G, the 3G hasn't got coverage everywhere ( at least here in DK ) and when the phone switches, it sometimes lose connection for a couple of seconds. Switching off the umts did the trick for me, no more hang-ups or lost connex, but then again, no more video-calls or streaming, so it's a choice... :/
Hope the next update will fix this, if there is a next one... :eek:P

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
As far as I have found out, the problem has to do with 3G, the 3G hasn't got coverage everywhere ( at least here in DK ) and when the phone switches, it sometimes lose connection for a couple of seconds. Switching off the umts did the trick for me, no more hang-ups or lost connex, but then again, no more video-calls or streaming, so it's a choice... :/
Hope the next update will fix this, if there is a next one... :eek:P

There is a known problem with many service providers and HSDPA. If you have the phone on automatic while in 3G mode, when your phone connects to data the phone will switch to HSDPA just for the data transmission (if your provider supports it), during the transmission calls are not received and usually sent to voicemail. This doesn't happen with all providers, but it does with many of them. You can turn off just the HSDPA and not the 3G with this tweak program http://www.fit4cat.de/thread.php?threadid=263. On my phone I have no problems with normal 3G, it is just HSDPA that is the problem.

jchap2k

Mar 23, 2007
Dallas
Hmm, I already tried that program but I still had the same problem even after turning off the HSDPA only. It never happens when UMTS is off completely though. I figure when I want to use the internet I will turn UMTS back on and when I just need it as a phone I can turn it off.

okoeth

Feb 24, 2007
Sorry folks, dumb question: where can I turn off UMTS in my trinity and only have EDGE enabled?

Thanks for your help...

mfg OK

mook2420

Mar 30, 2007
Well, so far no more dropped calls after turning off UMTS. I wonder if a new SIMs card would help in this matter. (mine is only 1 year old though).

I replaced with a new Cingular/ATT 3G sim and still the same problem... I'm going to also try to turn off UMTS to see if this fixes it... mostly I notice when calling voicemail from the notification tab... Oh yeah, it now says ATT as my service...

ChrisFilter

Jun 10, 2007
I have this problem, on the Orange and T-Mobile network, with WM5, and WM6. Have the latest radio, the works.

Bit of a joke that this happens to be honest.. a phone that has 3G/UMTS but that won't allow a certain number of calls when it switches. Pretty fundemental flaw if you ask me!

I've set band to GSM, let's see if it fixes the problem. Will download the aforementioned hack this evening.

ChrisFilter

Jun 10, 2007
Ah, I see it's the operators problem, not the phone's. Flipping amateur of orange not rectify this before shipping..

I've used HTweakC to disable HPSABCD(sic) and will see if the problem stops.

mastah

Dec 29, 2005
Not a SIMcard problem

HI Guys!

I work in a Mobilephoneshop for a Network Provider, and i had the same problem.

The first trinity that arrived in the shop was mine :)
And this little bas... droped many calls.

I talked with the tecnics from my prov. first we changed the sim, but same problem. Reflashed Rom same problem.
It has something to do with teh HSDPA, evrytime my trinity connectet them, the calls was dropped, the bad thing was, we have a HSDPA antenna in teh shop

Only the change of the devise worked.

Hope was helpfull and sorry 4 my bad english!

mastah