[ROM] I9000XXJW4 (2.3.6) [19.03.2012][ValuePack Firmware]

Search This thread

abhijot

May 9, 2010
update v/s warranty

will value pack update affect my mobile company warranty.. ?

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

will value pack update affect my Gt i9003 company warranty..

chluk2425

Apr 23, 2010
London
1 file but not 3?

a dumb question... why there is only one file after i extract it? like, there is only a JW4_JW4_JW4.tar file in it instead of 3 files which represent phone, pda and csc.... what's the difference between them?

DocMarc73

Dec 26, 2010
Anybody else experiencing microphone being very loud/distorted during phone calls? What I mean is that the other person hears you much too loud and almost distorted. Any ideas how to solve it? No difference between jw4 and the newer modem.

chluk2425

Apr 23, 2010
London
Its an update 1partfile. Flash in odin without pit and repart as PDA.

so basically like the pic as attached?

also, as i am still in XXJPY, i have to update my bootloader to avoid problem, does the 1 partfile include the new bootloader? if not, how to update the bootloader separately?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 403

Mr.AFK

Feb 2, 2012
I would recommand it to do like your pic shown. if it´s failed ...

Otherwise then, first flash the 3part JW1 to update the bootloader to Gb2.3.6

sh3nd0

Guys I just found out that I can't capture pics and video on my front camera... What should I do? It just freeze when I try to capture... And when I'm on video mode, there's no option for front cam... But I can on in MUIU and ics custom rom =(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
Guys I just found out that I can't capture pics and video on my front camera... What should I do? It just freeze when I try to capture... And when I'm on video mode, there's no option for front cam... But I can on in MUIU and ics custom rom =(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Did you install a bigmem kernel? try stock kernel/cfroot or sephamore normal version.

sh3nd0

This is an known issue. Try SEMA2.7.4xfr or Speedmod Kt17-2. working frontcam reduced your available Ram approximately 10Mb.

SGS1 tapatalked

yup just solved that problem, now i got a problem on my phone again, earlier while i was charging my phone, the screen keeps turning on, then off, then like every 3 secs, it turns on again.. so i disconnect the charger.. but doesnt resolve the problem.. now it doesnt often happens, but its still happening .. when locked the phone or turn the screen off, it turns on after any minute.. and its so annoying because its draining my battery..

Coolgreek

Jan 4, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
yup just solved that problem, now i got a problem on my phone again, earlier while i was charging my phone, the screen keeps turning on, then off, then like every 3 secs, it turns on again.. so i disconnect the charger.. but doesnt resolve the problem.. now it doesnt often happens, but its still happening .. when locked the phone or turn the screen off, it turns on after any minute.. and its so annoying because its draining my battery..

First of all you need to install a task killer to see the applications that are running in the background the moment your screen lights up...
Finding the app responsible will make thinks easier! If it is just an app you installed uninstall it...
If it is a system app (or apps) then you will need to wipe its data!

Personal experience: wiping data from "maps" and "gmail" solved my similar problem! Try it and get back with the results!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

maxcrd

Nov 20, 2007
Hi,

JW4 was really laggy for me, with random bugs on TW4 (often when I was using folders, it took sometimes about 15-20 seconds to open), loss of network about once a day.
Then, I decided to flash JVT modem, since it's OK, no lags , no bugs!
For the loss of network, I need more time to be sure.

it's really strange! If others people have these problems, they can do a test with the JVT modem (from JVZ 3 files ROM) .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I9000XXJW4 (2.3.6)
    Firmware: I9000XXJW4
    Modem: I9000XXJW4
    CSC: I9000OXAJW4
    Build Date: 19.03 2012
    Change List: 1043937

New Features:
    • Face Unlock
    • New Kernel with huge RAM (Total RAM: 364 )
    • Galaxy S II ICS Lockscreen
    • Photo Editor
    • Built-in TouchWiz 4
    • Improved Camera UI + Can capture pictures while shooting a video
    • Auto-Rotation is fast - Fast switching from portrait to landscape
    • Overall speed improvements
    • GPU Performance slightly increased
    • Some Google Apps updated

Instructions For Flashing:
    • Extract the firmware
    • Open the included Odin
    • Put your device in Recovery MODE (Home + Volume up + Power)
    • Wipe Data/Factory reset
    • Wipe Cache
    • Take Out Your battery & put it back in
    • Put your device into Download MODE (Home + Volume Down + Power)
    • Click PDA and select *.tar.md5
    • Then finally click START!

Code:
    # begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
    ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.XXJW4
    ro.build.version.incremental=XXJW4
    ro.build.version.sdk=10
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.6
    ro.build.date=Mon Mar 19 20:51:30 KST 2012
    ro.build.date.utc=1332157890
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=se.infra
    ro.build.host=SEP-62
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=GT-I9000
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=GT-I9000
    ro.product.device=GT-I9000
    ro.product.board=GT-I9000
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=GB
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=s5pc110
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=GT-I9000
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=GT-I9000-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD XXJW4 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I9000/GT-I9000:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/XXJW4:user/release-keys
    # Samsung Specific Properties
    ro.build.PDA=I9000XXJW4
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I9000XXJW4
    ro.build.changelist=1043937
    ro.flash.resolution=720
    # end build properties

Download:

https://hotfile.com/dl/150485366/0965a08/GT-I9000_XEU_I9000XXJW4_I9000OXAJW4_I9000XXJW4.zip.html
    To those of you who get bootloops after flashing:

Go into download mode, and flash this, via odin, after you unzip it. (i.e. flash the .tar file, as usual - not the zip).

View attachment dbdata.zip

Cheers :)

Explanation: The bootloops are caused because the dbdata file is missing from the rom (it's just a Kies upgrade, not a full rom), and you probably ticked repartition when flashing.
    I seriously ask myself if Samsung has only idiots as developers.
    This new firmware is the worst I've ever seen:
    Nearly all new games like temple run are lagging while they are working fine on ICS.
    touch sensitivity is just incredible bad and because of that handling is sluggish. Sometimes swipe is working sometimes not and instead u open an app.
    Don't they test their roms they bring out and don't they compare them to other roms which are out there to get a benchmark?
    They would see that their roms are the worst out there.
    I'm so angry about this.
    Since the last "value pack" they had month and still there's the charging bug so when battery is lower than 15% phone states "charging" instead of "low battery".
    Come on - are these guys total amateurs?
    Can a developer be so blind and dumb? Just one look in a xda firmware thread and they could see so many bugs. Bugs which are existing for months now.
    Will go back to ICS. Sammy should pay these guy, because all the big developers are doing here is 100% better than what sammy devs are doing.

greetz