Google Now Menu

Search This thread

M4ver1ck

Feb 21, 2011
Knoxville, IA
Anybody able to get into google now menu after the update? I can hit the menu button but the pop up menu just immediately disappears.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

daddiov

Apr 23, 2011
Anybody able to get into google now menu after the update? I can hit the menu button but the pop up menu just immediately disappears.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Same here. Stock Unrooted after 4.1.2 OTA. No access to Google Now Menu. Flashes briefly then disappears. Tried to clear cache but won't clear. Tried to uninstall updates in application manger but hangs on uninstalling screen.

daddiov

Apr 23, 2011
No difference

Click on the bar at the top to bring up your keyboard and now the menu will stay open.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Menu won't stay open whether keyboard present or not. Using Swiftkey.

Finally got the Google Search update to uninstall and the menu opens normally when not updated. Hmmm.

skinneejay

Feb 24, 2009
Add me to this list also. It's a bug in the new search update. It really sucks. Thankfully I don't need to use the menu/setting that much.
If I do I can get into it via settings.

skinneejay

Feb 24, 2009
I was able to get into that menu. But I still can't get into the menu if nothing is typed in the search bar.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2.

allin1der

Aug 10, 2009
Macon, GA
Quick update. Still happening.

Workaround (based on previous posts and trials)

Open Google Now.
Type a space (or any placeholder text in the search bar.
Close the keyboard and retry the menu key. The menu should now pop up and float there.

The search bar seems to have to have something in it for menu to not instantly close again. I've put as little as just that space and it works.

Wonder how Google missed that?

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Quick update. Still happening.

Workaround (based on previous posts and trials)

Open Google Now.
Type a space (or any placeholder text in the search bar.
Close the keyboard and retry the menu key. The menu should now pop up and float there.

The search bar seems to have to have something in it for menu to not instantly close again. I've put as little as just that space and it works.

Wonder how Google missed that?

I would hypothesize that this is a Samsung Twiz ROM issue, rather than a Google oops...Trying it on my PACMan 20.1 install I fail to get the bug.

Anyone in this thread so far not using a Sammy TWiz ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do a dummy search first, then try it....

Click on the bar at the top to bring up your keyboard and now the menu will stay open.

Uninstall and re-install Google Search. Clear Google Talk data in App management. Reboot.

It'll work after that.