Possible Mango bug: keyboard not popping up when it should

Search This thread

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Am I the sole one having this bug after the Mango update.

The keyboard fails to pop up when it actually should.

I have to leave IE and revert to the same page to finally get my keyboard... :(

HTC Mozart - Mango updated.

makman25

Dec 21, 2009
I've seen that issue a few times. I think you can rotate the screen to bring up the keyboard as well, but I can't quite remember if that temporarily solved the problem.

Reactions: arturobandini

jallenashley

Feb 18, 2010
Saint Charles
I've actually had the opposite happen to me. The keyboard just drops when I'm texting. I've rest my phone and it seems to be fixed. It's almost as if the screen was registering another touch on the messaging hub making it the keyboard drop. I don't really know, but it was annoying.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
Definitely seen the minimizing of the keyboard board while typing. Think its also it registering a tap outside the typing area. Even worse for me though is every now and then it won't capitalize the first letter when I start typing. Sometimes I have to double tap for it to capitalize or click out of the box and back in.

RoboDad

Mar 6, 2008
Boise, ID
It happened to me for the first time tonight. I was trying to sign into a web site in IE, and midway through typing my email address it simply disappeared, and nothing I tried would bring it back. I had to back out of the page and go back in before it would work again.

mikeeam

May 26, 2010
It happens very often to me. The keyboard hide away, but its not like a input outside the typing area, cause if you notice, the "cursor" stays blinking where the input should be. A tip that works for me: touch anywhere on the screen and touch the typing field again.

Very annoying. HTC Trophy here. This started since oficial Mango, with the drivers. Which is ironic.

znial

Aug 27, 2007
Bologna
happened to me too and to my brother too in the last days
(omnia 7 and optimus 7)
what's up?
this thing need to be fixed!

VoodooKing

Nov 6, 2010
Yes! It happened to me too on my Omnia 7. Typing stuff and then the keyboard disappears. Super annoying!

bkaul

Dec 9, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Happens occasionally for me, in text-input fields in IE. I've never noticed it elsewhere (e.g. text messaging, e-mail, etc.). Samsung Focus 1.3.

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
Happens for me too, thought I was imagining stuff. Omnia 7 mango.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Rookie_01

Apr 6, 2009
It happened to me for the first time tonight. I was trying to sign into a web site in IE, and midway through typing my email address it simply disappeared, and nothing I tried would bring it back. I had to back out of the page and go back in before it would work again.

I had similar keyboard dissapearing problem while developing an App. Found out this happens when the Method 'ScheduledActionService.LaunchForTest' (wich is designed for development and Testing purposes) is used. But in my case touching the display somewhere outside the textbox and entering the textbox again worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on the overwhelming number of updates we've had from Microsoft, we might get a fix in a year with Apollo.

Sent from my Samsung Omnia 7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    I've seen that issue a few times. I think you can rotate the screen to bring up the keyboard as well, but I can't quite remember if that temporarily solved the problem.