[TOOL] [4-22-2013] HTC Rezound All-In-One Toolkit V3.2

Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?

• Yes

Votes: 527 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I'm not a noob but I'm having troubles. I've tried this on two diff computers. The first one was my work computer so I'm not surprised so much that it didn't work. On my home computer, I install drivers but no script comes up, and I'm assuming that's because my computer already can see the Rezound. But secondly, I get kind of the same thing that the above person is getting in the command line "C:\Users\David\Downloads\Rezound_All-In-One_Kit_V1.0\data>adb wait-for-device" but mine also tells me (I think, cuz I'm doing this from memory but I will edit it when I get home if it's wrong) that it can't start the process from that directory, which is the documents and settings directory. So..I'm wondering where to go from there?

On that note, thanks for building this. I've rooted and rommed many phones, but just don't have much time anymore. So thank you for this!! Donating once I get everything working!!

I uploaded a video and hopefully it will help you as well as others. Give me feedback if it works for you!!

willowave

Sep 3, 2010
Sioux Falls, SD
I uploaded a video and hopefully it will help you as well as others. Give me feedback if it works for you!!

OK, so I never did get drivers to work but I did already have them installed so that wasn't a big deal. (but if you want to know for troubleshooting purposes, I even tried to manually start the drivers from the data folder, it wouldn't start from there either)And another odd thing that happened is that when I tried to open the page to submit the token ID, it wouldn't open for me. I had to manually get to the page, then after I got halfway thru the "unlock bootloader" directions and almost to the right page, I clicked your button to see what would happen and it took me to the right page.
I'm a computer technician and I have the worst luck with computers. lol

So I'm wondering where does my phone need to be at when I hit the button to install the recovery option. Do I need to be at Hboot? I've got the reinstall done, bootloader is unlocked. (and refresh my memory, to get into Hboot is it vol down and power?) I did just hit the button to install recovery and it just sits there waiting for my phone. So I'm guessing at the end of the TYPICAL process, I would have been at the right place but since I had to do mine in a different order, I'm not in the right place.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
OK, so I never did get drivers to work but I did already have them installed so that wasn't a big deal. (but if you want to know for troubleshooting purposes, I even tried to manually start the drivers from the data folder, it wouldn't start from there either)And another odd thing that happened is that when I tried to open the page to submit the token ID, it wouldn't open for me. I had to manually get to the page, then after I got halfway thru the "unlock bootloader" directions and almost to the right page, I clicked your button to see what would happen and it took me to the right page.
I'm a computer technician and I have the worst luck with computers. lol

So I'm wondering where does my phone need to be at when I hit the button to install the recovery option. Do I need to be at Hboot? I've got the reinstall done, bootloader is unlocked. (and refresh my memory, to get into Hboot is it vol down and power?) I did just hit the button to install recovery and it just sits there waiting for my phone. So I'm guessing at the end of the TYPICAL process, I would have been at the right place but since I had to do mine in a different order, I'm not in the right place.

Your phone has to be turned on with USB debugging enabled. Click the recovery you want installed, then the program will drop it into fast boot and flash it.

Reactions: willowave

MyronW

Aug 4, 2010
Valley Center CA
I just downloaded and extracted the Toolkit, and immediately tripped a ZeroDay threat alarm when I went to the extract folder to take a look. I hadn't even clicked the program icon, just opened the extract folder.

I've stopped at this point, and will just sit tight until somebody lets me know if this is expected behavior and a result of the script itself, or if I need to Thermite my machine and kill the infection with fire!

Threat Name: HeurEngine.ZeroDayThreat
Infection - C:\REZOUND_ALL_IN_ONE_KIT_V1.0\REZOUND_ALL_IN_ONE_KIT_V1.0\REZOUND V1.0.EXE

I'm running PC Tools Internet Security Version: 2012 (9.0.0.898)
Intelli-Signatures: 383658
AntiVirus Engine: 9.0.0.898
AntiVirus Database: 6.19370
ECOM Database: 20120215.021
Firewall Engine: 9.0.0.846
AntiSpam Engine: 9.0.0.898
Behavior Guard: 9.0.0.898
Browser Guard: 9.0.0.898
Cookie Guard: 9.0.0.898
Download Guard: 9.0.0.898
Email Guard: 9.0.0.898
File Guard: 9.0.0.898
Network Guard: 9.0.0.898
Rootkit Guard: 9.0.0.898
Site Guard: 9.0.0.898
KDS Interface: 2.1.0.228
Kernel Driver: 2.1.0.228
Generic TDI Driver: 9.0.0.898
WFP Filter Driver: 9.0.0.898
Firewall Driver: 9.0.0.898
PC Tools LSP(32-Bit): 9.0.0.898
PC Tools LSP(64-Bit): 9.0.0.898

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I just downloaded and extracted the Toolkit, and immediately tripped a ZeroDay threat alarm when I went to the extract folder to take a look. I hadn't even clicked the program icon, just opened the extract folder.

I've stopped at this point, and will just sit tight until somebody lets me know if this is expected behavior and a result of the script itself, or if I need to Thermite my machine and kill the infection with fire!

Threat Name: HeurEngine.ZeroDayThreat
Infection - C:\REZOUND_ALL_IN_ONE_KIT_V1.0\REZOUND_ALL_IN_ONE_KIT_V1.0\REZOUND V1.0.EXE

I'm running PC Tools Internet Security Version: 2012 (9.0.0.898)
Intelli-Signatures: 383658
AntiVirus Engine: 9.0.0.898
AntiVirus Database: 6.19370
ECOM Database: 20120215.021
Firewall Engine: 9.0.0.846
AntiSpam Engine: 9.0.0.898
Behavior Guard: 9.0.0.898
Browser Guard: 9.0.0.898
Cookie Guard: 9.0.0.898
Download Guard: 9.0.0.898
Email Guard: 9.0.0.898
File Guard: 9.0.0.898
Network Guard: 9.0.0.898
Rootkit Guard: 9.0.0.898
Site Guard: 9.0.0.898
KDS Interface: 2.1.0.228
Kernel Driver: 2.1.0.228
Generic TDI Driver: 9.0.0.898
WFP Filter Driver: 9.0.0.898
Firewall Driver: 9.0.0.898
PC Tools LSP(32-Bit): 9.0.0.898
PC Tools LSP(64-Bit): 9.0.0.898

It's a false positive. do you really think ill send out a virus? lol. Hundreds of people downloaded it and no issues came up.

Sent From My HTC Amaze 4G via Someone's Room ;)

MyronW

Aug 4, 2010
Valley Center CA
No, of course not. I'm just not one to stick my head inside a cannon to see why it didn't go bang.

Thanks for your response. I'll download it again (PC Tools quarantined it) and give it another shot.

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
Desperately need another download mirror. Mediafire's having problems right now. Can't start the download on my desktop over my Fios internet or on my phone over Verizon's LTE. (Disabled wi-fi so it's not using same internet connection, I'm not a noob.)

I got it to start once, and it is having an ETA of over an hour, and slowing down...

Sigh.

lextex

Sep 1, 2010
I only get as far as Step 3 and then I get this error:

rezounderror.jpg

caifan

Jun 4, 2010
New to Rezound...have Nexus LTE but working on wife's...

I see on the toolkit that you can relock bootloader...helpful for when sending for warranty repair. However will Verizon know it was unlocked then relocked??

Edit: (Req) how about a function to backup apps prior to unlocking boot loader to save some time doing a temp root and then titanium backup? I've seen the Nexus toolkits with that function.

Last edited:
Reactions: gtpracer98

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
Hasoon,

Thanks for the tool. I have a noobish question, though; if I flashed Amon Ra, but I want to go to ClockworkMod Recovery instead, can I just flash ClockworkMod directly with your toolkit, or do I have to do something to avoid messing things up?

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Hasoon,

Thanks for the tool. I have a noobish question, though; if I flashed Amon Ra, but I want to go to ClockworkMod Recovery instead, can I just flash ClockworkMod directly with your toolkit, or do I have to do something to avoid messing things up?

I'm assuming you can. I don't see why not. Make sure you do a back up before flashing another recovery.

annath

Jul 28, 2010
Fredericksburg
Ok, so, I am having an issue with the program not seeing my Rezound. I (assume) the drivers installed successfully, but when I go to get the token, it stays at "waiting for device". Looking online, some people have said that I need to install HTC Sync. I download the installer for that, and it successfully installs the MS C++ library or something, but on the 2nd step (extracting HTC Sync.msi) it fails to extract to the temporary folder. Navigating to User>me>local>appdata>temp, I find the folder indicated, and it has HTC Sync.msi, but attempting to run that gives an error saying that the program is not valid.

I always seem to have trouble with these things, but I (eventually) got my Droid X working so I hope I can fix this as well.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Ok, so, I am having an issue with the program not seeing my Rezound. I (assume) the drivers installed successfully, but when I go to get the token, it stays at "waiting for device". Looking online, some people have said that I need to install HTC Sync. I download the installer for that, and it successfully installs the MS C++ library or something, but on the 2nd step (extracting HTC Sync.msi) it fails to extract to the temporary folder. Navigating to User>me>local>appdata>temp, I find the folder indicated, and it has HTC Sync.msi, but attempting to run that gives an error saying that the program is not valid.

I always seem to have trouble with these things, but I (eventually) got my Droid X working so I hope I can fix this as well.

Have you enabled USB debugging on the phone?

annath

Jul 28, 2010
Fredericksburg
Have you enabled USB debugging on the phone?

ah, I figured it out. When I selected HTC Sync mode, it activated debugging while it looked for the pc side software. when it didn't find it, the phone deactivated usb debugging. I fixed it by navigating away from the "looking for Sync" screen so it didn't deactivate.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Hey, how do I go about rooting? I installed recovery (i think, I selected Amon Ra, recovery is now blue) but when I go to permaroot, it opens a cmd dialog, but just sits there waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the HTC Amaze and I decided to make one for the HTC Rezound. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • TWRP 2.3.3.0
    • CWM 6.0.2.5
    • User provided recovery
    -Flash Kernels provided
    • User provided kernel
    - Link to this thread
    - Link to the FAQ thread
    - Link to the Rezound Development thread.
    - Boot Into Recovery
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

256d5ds.png

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Mods who helped this forum!
    - Developers made ROMs for everyone to use!
    - Devs who made the kernels!
    - Bling for his Debloater tool!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    - MilesTHD
    - Trenton Chorba
    - Sheldor1967
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 2-18-2012
    - Initial Release

V2.0 released 3-25-2012
    - Completely redesigned UI (again)
    - Updated AmonRa to 3.15 (works with ICS)
    - Made it cleaner and even more simpler
    - Added Useful links to Android-Dev.us and XDA
    - Fixed Perm Root (Yes, It Finally Works!!)
    - Added some additional commands that can be used

v2.1 Released. 7-2-2012
    - Removed kernels.
    - Added TWRP 2.1.0 for GB and ICS
    - Added ability to flash your own kernel/recovery
    - Fixed root.
    - Removed somethings and added other minor stuff.

v2.2 Released. 10-5-2012
    - Removed old TWRP/CWM recoveries
    - Added CWM 6.0.1.0 and TWRP 2.2.2.1 (This is really the major update)
    - Updated Chainfire's SuperSU to 0.96

v3.0 Released 12-23-2012
    - Major Overhaul
    - Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
    - Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
    - Updated SuperSU to 0.99
    - Removed Amon Ra.
    - Updated TWRP to 2.3.3.0
    - Updated CWM to 6.0.2.5
    - Added a few links
    - Added ADB sideload (for use in TWRP)

This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!

v3.1 Released! 1-23-2013
    - Fixed a bug where when you want to get your token ID, it'll boot into recovery rather than bootloader.
    - When you want to relock the bootloader, it'll boot into bootloader and then lock it.
    - Added a link to the factory RUU
    - Added a link to a step-by-step written guide made by me
    - Added Check CID feature
    - Added a way to flash RUU Zip files
    - Automated a few commands. No longer need to use the boot into bootloader then use the command to flash a kernel/recovery/unlock_code.bin

v3.2 Released! 4-22-2013
    - Updated HTC Drivers to support Windows 8
    - Updated SuperSU to 1.25
    - Updated TWRP to 2.5.0.0
    - Added new commands
    - Added new links
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    v3.0 Released 12-23-2012
    - Major Overhaul
    - Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
    - Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
    - Updated SuperSU to 0.99
    - Removed Amon Ra.
    - Updated TWRP to 2.3.3.0
    - Updated CWM to 6.0.2.5
    - Added a few links
    - Added ADB sideload (for use in TWRP)

This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!
    Just want to say this toolkit was AWESOME many months ago when I used to it S-OFF my Rezound. Glad to see it is still around!

I'm actually working on a major update right now for all my toolkits :)

It just gets better and better!