[SCRIPTS] [Updater-Scripts] EFS-backup, Clean_Wipes, Wifi Fix

Search This thread

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Hey Guys. (THESE HAVE ONLY BEEN TESTED BY ME ON GB 2.3.6)

I have put together a collection of updater scripts for my own use. I think they will be helpful.

They are a work in progress...I may need some more testers or feedback.

I wasn't sure if these belonged in the Themes/apps or Q/A. I guess mod can move if appropriate.

If more needs come up, I can try to fix or do something else.

1. The EFS_Backup will back up your EFS into a tar file that can be restore via Odin, Heimdall or extract/copy/paste in the even you lose your EFS on a bad flash. It will be handy to have. I know it works because I tried it several times. You only need 1 or 2. It will make a file on your /SDCARD/EFS_BACKUP/

2. Clean_Wipe: This contains multiple layers of delete of old systems files, data files, cache files, dalvik files and any other left overs from a previous ROM. Hopefully flashing this before you flash a ROM will wipe all traces of previous ROM to give you a clean slate. This will not erase your SDcard or microSD card.
DO NOT FLASH THIS unless you are ready to flash a ROM or have a ROM on your SDcard. If you tried to reboot without flashing a ROM, all you will see is a pretty bright white Samsung logo.
Ideally this will eliminate the need to jumping around in CWM trying to manually erase everything.

3. Bluetooth_fix. Ideally this would restore the infuse BT function bases on UCLB3 files. Flash it. Fix permission and reboot. It seems to work for some but not others...I don't know why yet. This is tested on INFUSE NATIVE ROM only..I DONT BELIEVE THIS WILL WORK ON MIUI or CM7. I have no idea what that will do. If I get more understanding, I will make revisions if needed.

4. Wifi_Fix: After flashing some ROMs, some people have wifi issues. Dropping etc. I have suspected that it is due to left over from previous ROMs or problems with multiple writes during cache build. I'm not sure. I have not had this happened to me over some many attempts to borked it. I wrote this up as an attempt to delete the broken configuration and force a new file generation.
I tried it on mine and it does just that. However, not being broken before, I can't tell if if will fix your borked wifi connection. The current best fix is reseting your router or changing the DHCP time - which in essense, forces your phone to produce a new configuration. This may save you a walk to your router log in and changing the DHCP.
edit: (3/28/2012) This may not fix more long standing wifi issues some users are having. It may fix the log on/drop off scenario.

Again...my disclaimer is that this is for development purposes. I have tried them all...I can make no warranties on them or their safety on your phone.

I hope you can find them useful.

Feedback is welcome...good or bad...so I can learn some more.

Attachments

• CWM-EFS_BACKUP.zip
    102.9 KB · Views: 16,935
  • CWM-Wifi_Fix.zip
    102.5 KB · Views: 6,771
Last edited:

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
I'm really looking at regularly using the wipe, sound every handy and just what alot of people need to make away issues, nice job
just used it, works like a charm thank you for your excellent work :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Thanks..one more confirmed working.
The idea I had in the wipe script is that sometimes a complete wipe is not needed. One may want to save some data. In vagabond, I had put in complete wipes to ensure first time installation success... that got tedious after frequent set ups when I was testing. If I set up another build, no wipe will be in the ROM. The end user can decide. I thought this would be useful for others as well switching between ROMs without the hassle of navigating in cwm.

jason4962

Dec 18, 2011
NEW JERSEY
thanks qkster
the Clean Wipe is it just a faster way to wipe data/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? is it better then going odin or Heimdall?

qkster

Apr 5, 2011
USA
thanks qkster
the Clean Wipe is it just a faster way to wipe data/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? is it better then going odin or Heimdall?

It's faster than trying to jump around in cwm wiping everything. It will ensure a 99% clean..I'm leaving the last 1% for the idk moment. For most instances, it will suffice.

I use Heimdall or Odin only when I need to fix a boot loop, system file error, partition corruption or if I thought the problem came from using a froyo base with a gb rom.

teknhard

Nov 4, 2011
Winnipeg
Man you are always coming up with the most helpful posts. Thanks bro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
I love you. HOMO INTENDED. :D

Nice work qkster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Reactions: qkster

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
lol..thanks, Erik. Just for you, elbow bump, fist bump, high five or low five..but no hugs unless I see your hands at all times. :D

Just don't make eye contact....and it's cool...:eek::D

Just tested your wiper cwm file...nice...I be wip'n...:p it wipes, it cleans...

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys. (THESE HAVE ONLY BEEN TESTED BY ME ON GB 2.3.6)

I have put together a collection of updater scripts for my own use. I think they will be helpful.

They are a work in progress...I may need some more testers or feedback.

I wasn't sure if these belonged in the Themes/apps or Q/A. I guess mod can move if appropriate.

If more needs come up, I can try to fix or do something else.

1. The EFS_Backup will back up your EFS into a tar file that can be restore via Odin, Heimdall or extract/copy/paste in the even you lose your EFS on a bad flash. It will be handy to have. I know it works because I tried it several times. You only need 1 or 2. It will make a file on your /SDCARD/EFS_BACKUP/

2. Clean_Wipe: This contains multiple layers of delete of old systems files, data files, cache files, dalvik files and any other left overs from a previous ROM. Hopefully flashing this before you flash a ROM will wipe all traces of previous ROM to give you a clean slate. This will not erase your SDcard or microSD card.
    DO NOT FLASH THIS unless you are ready to flash a ROM or have a ROM on your SDcard. If you tried to reboot without flashing a ROM, all you will see is a pretty bright white Samsung logo.
    Ideally this will eliminate the need to jumping around in CWM trying to manually erase everything.

3. Bluetooth_fix. Ideally this would restore the infuse BT function bases on UCLB3 files. Flash it. Fix permission and reboot. It seems to work for some but not others...I don't know why yet. This is tested on INFUSE NATIVE ROM only..I DONT BELIEVE THIS WILL WORK ON MIUI or CM7. I have no idea what that will do. If I get more understanding, I will make revisions if needed.

4. Wifi_Fix: After flashing some ROMs, some people have wifi issues. Dropping etc. I have suspected that it is due to left over from previous ROMs or problems with multiple writes during cache build. I'm not sure. I have not had this happened to me over some many attempts to borked it. I wrote this up as an attempt to delete the broken configuration and force a new file generation.
    I tried it on mine and it does just that. However, not being broken before, I can't tell if if will fix your borked wifi connection. The current best fix is reseting your router or changing the DHCP time - which in essense, forces your phone to produce a new configuration. This may save you a walk to your router log in and changing the DHCP.
    edit: (3/28/2012) This may not fix more long standing wifi issues some users are having. It may fix the log on/drop off scenario.

Again...my disclaimer is that this is for development purposes. I have tried them all...I can make no warranties on them or their safety on your phone.

I hope you can find them useful.

Feedback is welcome...good or bad...so I can learn some more.
    Bro the wiper file....is the ****zzzz....thanks for the work, u de man! :D

Love you man...no homo....!

LOL

:D

Thanks, no homo Bro.

lol..oldbbman, bigjoe..thanks for the supports..
    CONGRATULATION my brother...on your RC...Recognized Contributor

told you I would not stop til you got the title...you are more deserving of it than me...

Qkster sir you are AWESOME!
    So flashing the clean wipe completely eliminates the need to do wipe the cache (including Dalvik) AND the factory data reset? I think this will have a permanent place on my sd card!

The wipe will delete cache, dalvik, data and system. Once you run the wipe script, it would be a clean slate and ready for a new ROM flash. No need for factory reset in cwm.
    This is different from the factory wipe in the ROM under Settings. That factory reset will wipe every trace including the sdcard.

@brad..the wifi fix delete a config file in the gb. Idk if ics has the same file or location.
    :D

Thanks, no homo Bro.

lol..oldbbman, bigjoe..thanks for the supports..

qkster
    YOU do so much to help this community. Everyone on these forums should be slapping YOUR thanks button a couple if times each. :D

Aeon the only way to rom!