Firewater S-Off | Help Pls| Verizon | (M8)

Search This thread

ATXiceman512

May 30, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I am trying to get my HTC One (M8 (Verizon)) S-Off & Bootload unlocked, Here is some info:

Android Version: 4.4.2
Sense: 6.0
Software number: 1.55.605.2
PRI: 1.46_002
PRL: 15310

Problem:

I have installed the HTC sync drivers (Uninstalled after drivers installed) and have been able to successfully execute ADB commands through CMD, I can get all the way through the process until it gets to the chugging part, I usually get to 2 or 3 drinks before the phone just reboots and it just stops and displays my ADB directory in the command window (CMD does not FC).

Tried all (4) USB ports on my laptop using the OEM USB cable.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 8560P
(2) USB (SS) Ports
(1) 1 Amp USB Port
(1) Standard USB port

I have turned off the firewall and AV on my system thinking that might be the issue, Can someone please give me their input, I have been trying this for several days now and I haven't had a breakthrough. Thank you in advance for your assistance regarding this issue.

Justin B.
Austin, TX

Attachments

• Capture-2.PNG
    Capture-2.PNG
    61 KB · Views: 331
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    99.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    50.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Capture-5.PNG
    Capture-5.PNG
    54.7 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
I assume you used weaksauce... There have been a couple threads about this already.. Not saying you shouldnt ask by making your own.... I had zero issue myself but recommend removing any other phone drivers you may have had and start over. I read someones post where they had a previous phones driver that had caused an issue. Personally I used an old HTC thunderbolt cable (not on purpose) but it worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATXiceman512

ATXiceman512

May 30, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Try it several times. It took me at least 5 for the exploit to take.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Turd,

I have tried it several times, throughout the course of the day i have tried 25+ times.. Thank you.

I assume you used weaksauce... There have been a couple threads about this already.. Not saying you shouldnt ask by making your own.... I had zero issue myself but recommend removing any other phone drivers you may have had and start over. I read someones post where they had a previous phones driver that had caused an issue. Personally I used an old HTC thunderbolt cable (not on purpose) but it worked.

Thunder, Yes. I installed weaksauce from the thread on XDA, I do not think there is any other phone drivers on this computer. How would I go about checking ? Thank you for the reply.

UPDATE: I plugged in my windows phone and was able to locate it in device manager, I right clicked and uninstalled. Going to re-run the process and check.

Did u temp root using weaksauce first?

HTC ONE M8?

Yes, I temp rooted using weaksauce and then i proceeded to install SuperSU by Chainfire. I use "Root Checker" to verify that I have root permission and I do. I am getting almost all the way through the process with no issues but, It just stops after 2-3 drinks. I think thunder might be right about the driver issue. I have a Nokia Lumia 520 that i use for work and that might be interfering the process of S-Off'ing. I have to check driver's. Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

cntryby429

Aug 27, 2013
Washington D.C.
You may try booting ubuntu from a live disk to run firewater. It may be a pain to set up adb, drivers, and all that on a temporary os but it would rule out any problems with your os environment and cost no more than the blank disk and your time.

Reactions: thunderbls

ATXiceman512

May 30, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
IT WORKED!

Thank you Thunder for pointing me in the right direction. I uninstalled the Lumia 520 Driver and it went through perfectly the 1st time.

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
Thank you Thunder for pointing me in the right direction. I uninstalled the Lumia 520 Driver and it went through perfectly the 1st time.

Glad to hear it... I hate to know that someone is unable to make this great device better then it already is/was I guess lol. :good:

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

You may try booting ubuntu from a live disk to run firewater. It may be a pain to set up adb, drivers, and all that on a temporary os but it would rule out any problems with your os environment and cost no more than the blank disk and your time.

This is a great idea all my PC's are running Ubuntu but the one I used to s-off my phone. Its really easy to setup with a USB flasdrive or dual boot without disturbing you current os. Never thought to try Ubuntu lol

ATXiceman512

May 30, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Glad to hear it... I hate to know that someone is unable to make this great device better then it already is/was I guess lol. :good:

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

This is a great idea all my PC's are running Ubuntu but the one I used to s-off my phone. Its really easy to setup with a USB flasdrive or dual boot without disturbing you current os. Never thought to try Ubuntu lol

Yes, Thanks agian. I totally forgot that I had added that driver to my laptop, I'm installing ViperOne right now. Have you tried the HK exploit yet?

Reactions: thunderbls

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
Yes, Thanks agian. I totally forgot that I had added that driver to my laptop, I'm installing ViperOne right now. Have you tried the HK exploit yet?

I am trying out the HD revolution Rom.. just got it loaded and it has HK built in going to test out the audio. my favorite roms so far are viper and gpe on the veizon forums. fyi there are other roms on HTC one m8 AS well just make sure it's for all variants.

ATXiceman512

May 30, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
I am loving the ViperOne ROM, I'm downloading the Android Revolution ROM now. You said it has HK Audio enchaments built in?

Sent from my ViperOne M8 using XDA Premium.

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
I am loving the ViperOne ROM, I'm downloading the Android Revolution ROM now. You said it has HK Audio enchaments built in?

Sent from my ViperOne M8 using XDA Premium.

Tried the revolution Rom but had to come back to viper.. the sound wasn't quite as good with the HK maybe it's just me or my phone.. others say it's sounds better but not to me.

Top Liked Posts