[MOD][TWJB4.1.2 i605 Base ONLY]TabletUI w/Floating Multiwindow *7/19/13*

Search This thread

Just about right

Jul 14, 2007
I have a setting using this that allows me to download tablet apps from the playstore. I do not get "this is not compatable with you device" very often at all now. For those interested here are the settings:

Change phone DPI to 210

Using Xposed App change the following in dpi's:

Android System - DPI: 200 with 1000x1600 and tablet unchecked
Google Play Store - DPI: 320 with 320x480 and tablet unchecked
Settings - DPI: 180 with 1000x1600 and tablet unchecked
Settings storage - DPI: 180 with 1000x1600 and tablet unchecked
System UI - DPI: 160 with 1000x1600 and tablet unchecked

One other thing I have realized about using the dpi mod is that when making all these adjustments and depending on the DPI you are running the phone at, either 320, 240 or 180, all other programs will use that setting as default. So if you are running 240 dpi and adjust your xposed app dpi's to something else, but like a program at the deafualt dpi, which would be 240, then if you switch the phone dpi to something different, you will have to remember to change that one program that you liked at 240 back to 240 in xposed app. Sounds confusing and a lot to remember or think about, but once you start playing with dpi's for certain programs you will realize what more they may have or have not to offer.

Reactions: cyberthug101

Bill Idol

Aug 4, 2007
San Francisco
Re: [MOD][Touchwiz JB 4.1.1 DEODEX ONLY]Tablet UI *UPDATED 1/7/13*

I have a setting using this that allows me to download tablet apps from the playstore. I do not get "this is not compatable with you device" very often at all now. For those interested here are the settings:

Change phone DPI to 210

Using Xposed App change the following in dpi's:

Android System - DPI: 200 with 1000x1600 and tablet unchecked
Google Play Store - DPI: 320 with 320x480 and tablet unchecked
Settings - DPI: 180 with 1000x1600 and tablet unchecked
Settings storage - DPI: 180 with 1000x1600 and tablet unchecked
System UI - DPI: 160 with 1000x1600 and tablet unchecked

One other thing I have realized about using the dpi mod is that when making all these adjustments and depending on the DPI you are running the phone at, either 320, 240 or 180, all other programs will use that setting as default. So if you are running 240 dpi and adjust your xposed app dpi's to something else, but like a program at the deafualt dpi, which would be 240, then if you switch the phone dpi to something different, you will have to remember to change that one program that you liked at 240 back to 240 in xposed app. Sounds confusing and a lot to remember or think about, but once you start playing with dpi's for certain programs you will realize what more they may have or have not to offer.

Thanks brudda, I'm gonna try this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cyberthug101

Lodd

Aug 19, 2008
I know it's a slightly different phone, but has anyone tried this on an international Galaxy Note 2 (N7100)?

mokash34

Sep 1, 2007
If anyone has figured out how to get this working on the sprint model, please post here!

jolia

Jan 8, 2011
Hi,

hm.. i always come into a bootloop

i have the Omega v12

any ideas ?

sorry for my bad english ;)

Zues532

Feb 4, 2011

Anybody gotten this working on 4.2?

Edit: Got it working on Beans 10, having some trouble getting the DPIs just right, but I'll post them up once I get everything set.

Last edited:

anonymously

Sep 22, 2012
I have no idea why I cant get this to fully work. It's so frustrating. Im able to get the phablet look but cannot seem to get the bottom statusbar tablet ui. I appreciate the ops work but can't help to think some more organized installation instructions wouldn't hurt and arent too much to expect. The flashable tablet zip seems to do nothing but remove my system ui completely and the instructions after the zip are not clear at all. Im not trying to be rude at all just give you my experiences with this mod and I haven't had a very good one.

Just about right

Jul 14, 2007
I have no idea why I cant get this to fully work. It's so frustrating. Im able to get the phablet look but cannot seem to get the bottom statusbar tablet ui. I appreciate the ops work but can't help to think some more organized installation instructions wouldn't hurt and arent too much to expect. The flashable tablet zip seems to do nothing but remove my system ui completely and the instructions after the zip are not clear at all. Im not trying to be rude at all just give you my experiences with this mod and I haven't had a very good one.

If you are using the zip or the systemui.apk from the first page, that is the issue. I posted an old systemui.apk about one to two pages back. Download and use it and your status bar will be moved and give you the tablet version.

If you need any further assistance, let me know and I'll help if I can.

anonymously

Sep 22, 2012
If you are using the zip or the systemui.apk from the first page, that is the issue. I posted an old systemui.apk about one to two pages back. Download and use it and your status bar will be moved and give you the tablet version.

If you need any further assistance, let me know and I'll help if I can.

Thanks a lot man I really appreciate the help

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
On Tweaked ROM with Perseus kernel, I cannot open the Xposed APK's. They force close. I thought I would try to reboot and fix permissions after performing Step 1 - Step 3 to see if the Xposed apps would open after rebooting.
Now I just get endless force closes on LogsProvider and com.android.phone after booting.
For now I will restore nandroid. It would be swell if this would work, I wonder what the issue is. I tried the SystemUI.apk posted back a couple pages.

Last edited:

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com

Is this working with clean rom 4.5 anyone?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011
Anybody gotten this working on 4.2?

Edit: Got it working on Beans 10, having some trouble getting the DPIs just right, but I'll post them up once I get everything set.

Please post your findings if you would. I am going to give this another go on Beans, I was put off at first with the mod on Tweaked ROM since I couldn't get it to work.

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com

Anyone got it working 4.1.2 :/

xdadevnube

Jun 28, 2011

I have it working now on Beans 10, which is 4.1.1 I think .
My general overview of the mod is that it is pretty awesome. I'm surprised that it even works at all. I had some issues getting the Xposed apps to work at first, but finally I was able to get into them after a reboot by somehow getting past some screens that didn't want to go away at first. When I was able to reach the app drawer, I was then able to get the Xposed apps to run without force closing.
I suppose I have a few criticisms of the mod just so those that are willing to try this know what to expect.
1. Status bar toggles appear to be limited to what the mod's files contain. All of Beans ROM status bar toggles don't seem to be accessible.
2. DPI settings can be somewhat confusing. I had trouble getting the Camera to show up the way I wanted. Experimenting with DPI changes can be time-consuming.
3. I don't know of an easy way to hide the Notification Bar. ROMs for the Nexus 7, for example, have a long-press Power Menu option to hide the notification bar. One workaround could be the use of a gesture control app.

All in all, very impressive! It is pretty awesome to be able to use the Note II as a full-blown tablet. I am going to set up a nandroid with some choice DPI settings so that I can restore back into tablet mode when the mood strikes.

Last edited:

Jeremiah_1988

Nov 11, 2011

Really want this on beans 11

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com

I really want this on CleanROM 4.5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed. Full rom available

TransNebula Tab
    Almost done making this mod flashable....gotta edit see settings some more and android policy. As well edit systemui to be compatible with beans custom status bar settings... but the change list so far is

-minimize working
    -quicksettings added in to select screenshot/app drawer/ search/none
    -multiwindow manager xposed hook injected(so app selection works
    -multidpi samsung keyboard
    -themed
    -settings no longer crashing when set at a tablet dpi..
    -corrected icon sizes

Anyway few more days hopefully...and once its finished it should be damn near perfect and I should be able to convince beans to include it in upcoming updates

Preview
    20130709105738_zps0dfa9453.png

20130709105559_zps30958625.png

Excuse the galaxy nexus model number I just got done setting up wallet...again lol
    Ok soooo...I had to start all over but this should end up being a little better

-wanam lidroid 23 toggles? (I had it workibg before I started over so hooray?!)
    -resized the extended status bar
    -1% battery mod
    -removed ima and wifi ongoing noti
    -themed ics blue (not in pic but its done!)
    -changed settings intent launch
    -miui battery bar
    -fixed keyboard so SPen still works
    -fixed keyboard to work from 160-320dpi
    -fixed stock contacts to remove the alignment issue with the search panel on call log/favorites/contacts
    -themed framework
    -fixed reboot menu
    -tablet browser

20130716085600_zps4764cd22.png

Sorry I keep pushing this back I just want it to be perfect. It should work on any VZW based rom...soon guys I promise
    Ok guys. Getting very close. Im thinking about releasing build 1 late saturday. The rom will be called Trans-Nebula Tab.....

Preview..lol

20130731150711_zps1c87464b.png
    This is just a preliminary release so no theming etc - to go into settings long press a toggle....

Let me know what all you guys notice aside from the following

-keyboard switcher
    -settungs crashes on opening when using launcher or icon but not toggles
    -power menu is white

http://db.tt/9u7Ccxem

Flash in twrp then goto mount and mount system. Go back goto advanced and file manager. Navigate to system/etc/permissions and delete com.sec.feature.multiwindow.phone.xml

This will keep one handed operation
    Set contacts to 320dpi @ 480x854
    Calculator 320 @ 480 x 854
    Camera 320 dpi @ 480x854
    Phone 320 dpi @ 480 x854

This will fix the only other alignment issue I know of
    Clock 320 @ 480 x 854 keeps desk clock lined up