[Q] Unacceptable battery drain on GT-P7500.

Search This thread

Anne Droid

Feb 6, 2013
Bracknell (UK)
Hi Everyone,

I am currently seeing unacceptable battery drain on my GT-P7500 (original SGT 10.1).

Battery capacity falls at 1.4% per hour overnight when the device should be in deep sleep. The problem seems to have started when I updated to ICS. Using BBS and other apps, I have established that the KWL l2_hsic prevents my tab from sleeping when mobile data is off. When data is on, other KWLs, notably, multipdp, secril_fd-interface and PowerManagerService, take over. My tab is not rooted.

I have been trying to sort this out for a few weeks but I'm no nearer to resolving the problem. The support from Samsung UK has been extremely disappointing (I'm being polite!).

Can anyone help?

AD

Phibs

Mar 4, 2010
Portugal
Problem solved 3 months ago.

Hi Everyone,

I am currently seeing unacceptable battery drain on my GT-P7500 (original SGT 10.1).

Battery capacity falls at 1.4% per hour overnight when the device should be in deep sleep. The problem seems to have started when I updated to ICS. Using BBS and other apps, I have established that the KWL l2_hsic prevents my tab from sleeping when mobile data is off. When data is on, other KWLs, notably, multipdp, secril_fd-interface and PowerManagerService, take over. My tab is not rooted.

I have been trying to sort this out for a few weeks but I'm no nearer to resolving the problem. The support from Samsung UK has been extremely disappointing (I'm being polite!).

Can anyone help?

AD

Try this:
http://xdaforums.com/show...y+drain&page=6

I'm still happy with it. Tab lasts with normal use 4-5 days. Not using it, 1% per day instead of 1% per hour.
Also tried samsung portugal that had no idea about the problem. They told me to do a factory reset....

Anne Droid

Feb 6, 2013
Bracknell (UK)
Try this:
http://xdaforums.com/show...y+drain&page=6

I'm still happy with it. Tab lasts with normal use 4-5 days. Not using it, 1% per day instead of 1% per hour.
Also tried samsung portugal that had no idea about the problem. They told me to do a factory reset....
Hi Phibs,

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, the link you have provided takes me to a 404 error.

In view of the excellent battery life that you get, I am very keen to see what the link has to say.

AD

Phibs

Mar 4, 2010
Portugal
Hi Phibs,

Thanks for the feedback.

In view of the excellent battery life that you get, I am very keen to see what the link has to say.

AD

Sorry!!!
Here goes

At last.

For those who have the drain problem and don't want to install a deodexed zipaligned and already rooted rom here goes what i did,

1 - Install stock rom from your country using odin.
2 - Install bootloader CWM. (I used CWM 6).
3 - Root your device using superuser or supersu. (I was not able to install supersu directly from zip file!!!???)
4 - Extract boot.img from CHN rom that you can find in sammobile.
5 - "Tar it"
6 - Install boot.tar via odin. Now you won't have wifi.
7 - Copy the following files from CHN stock rom. To copy this files you have obviously to extact them. You may use, I think Toldo won't be mad, his stock rom's Zipaligned, deodexed.....
/system/lib/modules/dhd.ko
/system/lib/modules/scsi_wait_scan.ko
/system/lib/modules/tcrypt.ko
/system/bin/wlandutservice
/system/bin/wpa_supplicant

Voilá. The P7500 finally deep sleeps for long long time.
Heuuu, not completely.
Yesterday, after several days working perfectly i found out that when you unmount a pen directly through the notification bar, the device stops "deep sleeping". A reboot will solve the problem. I already knew about this problem and the solution to prevent a reboot is to unmount the pen via settings.....

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks to Stiffmeister from another forum who used and cooked Toldo's Stock Rom (which are stock rom zipaligned, deodexed and unsecured) and solved the Draining problem.
Thanks to Toldo for his great job of extracting stock Rom's and making them available.

Reactions: odeccacccp

touch.diamond

Jul 16, 2010
Newbie here

Sorry!!!
Here goes

At last.

For those who have the drain problem and don't want to install a deodexed zipaligned and already rooted rom here goes what i did,

3 - Root your device using superuser or supersu. (I was not able to install supersu directly from zip file!!!???)
5 - "Tar it"
7 - Copy the following files from CHN stock rom. To copy this files you have obviously to extact them. You may use, I think Toldo won't be mad, his stock rom's Zipaligned, deodexed.....

Heuuu, not completely.
Yesterday, after several days working perfectly i found out that when you unmount a pen directly through the notification bar, the device stops "deep sleeping". A reboot will solve the problem. I already knew about this problem and the solution to prevent a reboot is to unmount the pen via settings.....

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks to Stiffmeister from another forum who used and cooked Toldo's Stock Rom (which are stock rom zipaligned, deodexed and unsecured) and solved the Draining problem.
Thanks to Toldo for his great job of extracting stock Rom's and making them available.

Thanks but can you please tell me step by step how do to this ? i am having same problem GT-P7500 , 3G, XXLQ8...

I am 100% noob in android and i have not done even a single flash , installation of rom

Phibs

Mar 4, 2010
Portugal
Thanks but can you please tell me step by step how do to this ? i am having same problem GT-P7500 , 3G, XXLQ8...

I am 100% noob in android and i have not done even a single flash , installation of rom

You have to search in xda forum. There are multiple guides that will lead you trough.
If you are unable to find it, I'll try to make one.

LluisAzm

Apr 19, 2008
Barcelona
Hi! I'm in same case, but my battery drain about 2%/hour.

CHN Stock ROM is Chinese? I use to flash CM10.1, can I repair the error with this ROM?

In my case Samsung Spain says that it works perfectly...

Thanks!

LluisAzm

Apr 19, 2008
Barcelona
Sorry!!!
Here goes

At last.

5 - "Tar it"

Heuuu, not completely.

Hope this helps someone.

In step 6 (Install boot.tar via odin. Now you won't have wifi.), when i press start in Odin apperas LNX at device square and doesn't move... I reset the tab and nothing changes...

Phibs

Mar 4, 2010
Portugal
In step 6 (Install boot.tar via odin. Now you won't have wifi.), when i press start in Odin apperas LNX at device square and doesn't move... I reset the tab and nothing changes...

Whitch version of odin are you using? Never had that problem.
I used version 3.07, choose the file boot.tar via PDA button.
If it doesn't work try to put inside the TAR boot.img and cache.img, both from the chinese ROM.

In reply to your previous questions, CHN is chinese.
Never tried CM10.1 since it still has minor bugs.

LluisAzm

Apr 19, 2008
Barcelona
Whitch version of odin are you using? Never had that problem.
I used version 3.07, choose the file boot.tar via PDA button.
If it doesn't work try to put inside the TAR boot.img and cache.img, both from the chinese ROM.

In reply to your previous questions, CHN is chinese.
Never tried CM10.1 since it still has minor bugs.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I use Odin 3.07 like in snapshot. It stops in this screen, tab has the progress bar without evolution...

First i would try if battery drian stops with this method, then i try with CM10.1.

Phibs

Mar 4, 2010
Portugal
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I use Odin 3.07 like in snapshot. It stops in this screen, tab has the progress bar without evolution...

First i would try if battery drian stops with this method, then i try with CM10.1.

So, you first installed your original stock rom xwlp5. Wiped all caches. Then tried to install the kernel from chinese stock Rom, "taring" boot.img and cache.img.
Nothing happens and the odin freezes!?
Try once more to delete all caches and wipe dalvik cache. Currently the bootloader is the original one from samsung or it's the cwm?
Try to change the bootloader.
Is your tab a P7500 locked or unlocked. (ex. Vodafone......). Mine is unlocked.

Reactions: LluisAzm

Anne Droid

Feb 6, 2013
Bracknell (UK)
Hi folks,

Although I started this thread, I am going to quietly back out and thank people for their replies. I do not want to root my tab as it is well within the warranty period. Besides which, I don't think it should be necessary. It's letting Samsung off the hook.

I am closely following the l2_hsic thread on these forums as the problem I am seeing seems to be caused by that wakelock.

AD

LluisAzm

Apr 19, 2008
Barcelona
I had my Tab rooted and I tried all programs to delete extra wakelocks and it doesn't be totally effective, tomorrow will send the Tab to Samsung for second time, i hope they change anything to correct the drain.

I will post in few days!

lexvandoef

Aug 11, 2011
I flashed the XXKK2 modem and that didn't help with the l2_hsic battery drain...

What did help was putting in a cheap pre-paid simcard and enabling the 2G dataconnection. I don't have the simcard topped up, it does receive a signal though, but bye bye l2_hsic wakelock!!!

LluisAzm

Apr 19, 2008
Barcelona
I flashed HC modem and, at the moment, all is working perfect!! I'm not sure yet that problem is solvented but for the moment it's working...

Thanks!

garese

Aug 19, 2008
So there's still no solution? I'd really like to put my tab on airplane mode when I'm not using it, but the times it slept well and drained nearly 0% battery are long gone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Phibs,

Thanks for the feedback.

AD

Sorry!!!
    Here goes

At last.

5 - "Tar it"

Heuuu, not completely.

Hope this helps someone.

So, you first installed your original stock rom xwlp5. Wiped all caches. Then tried to install the kernel from chinese stock Rom, "taring" boot.img and cache.img.
    Nothing happens and the odin freezes!?
    Try once more to delete all caches and wipe dalvik cache. Currently the bootloader is the original one from samsung or it's the cwm?
    Try to change the bootloader.
    Is your tab a P7500 locked or unlocked. (ex. Vodafone......). Mine is unlocked.
    So there's still no solution? I'd really like to put my tab on airplane mode when I'm not using it, but the times it slept well and drained nearly 0% battery are long gone...

As I said before, the solution is explained step by step in my posts.
    I also did a zip file in order to install it with cwm but never tested it, since i did it step by step once and since then i have no more battery drain problems, I can post the zip but I don't know where to put it (server).
    This zip file simply contains the kernel CHN and the files that need to be changed. I did the zip using the CWM zip instructions found in the xda developers forum.
    Regards
    I'd say it was incomplete ;) Lines for kernel package extract were missing. You can take a look into my package and compare or... nevermind. I hope it works :) And I didn't remove the boot sound as it can be done on rom level by removing the sound file physically, and my package is just the boot.img.

Thanks.
    Already corrected the script and edited the uploaded file on my previous post.
    As I said before I'm a totally nooby in the android world... ;)