Wired Headset

Search This thread

Vertikar

Jan 3, 2012
I brought the AT&T version of the Glide and it didn't come with a wired headset. I've tried a headset for a Galaxy S, but the buttons didn't work. Could anyone with the Rogers headset ( I think it comes with one) share the model number, or if anyone else has a working let me know where I can source one?

Thanks!

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
I have the headset in my hand that you are mentioning but I do not see any model number anywhere to help you out. All I see is a Samsung logo on each ear piece as well as a Large L or R. On the Wire where it splits from 1 to 2 wires (1 for each ear) there is a small Made in China written on it. No other writing can be seen.

Reactions: Vertikar

Vertikar

Jan 3, 2012
Damn, thanks anyway :)
I have the headset in my hand that you are mentioning but I do not see any model number anywhere to help you out. All I see is a Samsung logo on each ear piece as well as a Large L or R. On the Wire where it splits from 1 to 2 wires (1 for each ear) there is a small Made in China written on it. No other writing can be seen.

Vertikar

Jan 3, 2012
Finally got around to grabbing the HTC ones and they're working fine. Audio quality is half decent too.

harryspar

Nov 28, 2011
Desire headset isn't working on calls for me. I hear fine but the other side says the sound is terrible.

thelastred

Jun 6, 2012
Samsung galaxy one and newer Samsung phones use two different 3.5 mm jack
The newer jack like on gs2&3 are more standards. The remote doesn't work because on gs1 it's wired different.

As of today
Samsung
Htc
Sony (not Sony Ericsson)
Use the same Standards 3.5mm jack
So of buy a htc ear headphone it work on all 3 companies

( i don't know about other companies)

Last edited:

bs27975

Sep 27, 2012
K-W, ON, Canada
Any mention of headset in the glide manual talks about micro USB.

(Drowning in google search results, most of which don't apply [Why do they assume if you want an adapter you want a crappy / cheap earbud headset too?]. So posting here to start from a list of those who have a glide and specific experience!)

Messages here seem to indicate that standard 3 connector, 2.5mm cordless phone headsets work. Can anyone confirm?

(I tried a friend's 3.5mm headset, got audio, but only for media not for anything else, per playing with settings / audio. It also has an additional doohickey / adapter where the headphones plug into a mic adapter, which in turn plugs into the 3.5mm jack instead of the headphones, directly - when using that not even media came through.)

(And even when audio came through, the navigator voice didn't come through, as it did not on a bluetooth headset. I can't hear the navigator across the car - how to get it to play to a headset?)

Source of a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter known to work?

Or 2.5mm to micro usb adapter?

Let alone, pc headset, 2 x 3.5mm, to micro usb adapter?

Thanks for any pointers / good search terms to known good working beasties, drowning in search results.

I need yet another crappy headset like I need ... druther just use one I already know and like and adapt it to the glide.

I'm guessing an adapter would need buttons on it for talk (and / or volume?).

I see on amazon there's a straight micro usb to 3.5mm adapter however I suspect it would be audio only (yes?), and worried that since it's a solid doohickey, not two ends separated by wire, that some end would get easily broken.

Advice, thoughts, experiences?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts