Showing temp unroot?

Search This thread

shelby04861

Aug 28, 2011
I am searching now, but is there a way to show non root status to an app that checks root status, or does one have to go in and modify the app to tell it not to check.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

shelby04861

Aug 28, 2011
By the way, I did try the ota root keeper app and it seems to work right. My problem more specifically is I want the twc TV app to work but it says it will not work with a rooted device. It gives me the same message even when I supposedly unroot with the app. I can't use the HBO go or max go because of 4.0 ics. Kind of bummed at the moment. They figures out a way to install the checks, now to change that so I can use them again.

edit: Just found the app with the modified buildprop! Works great and now I can watch streaming tv on my phone again(with ICS root). Now I just need to find the hbo go and max go with the modified parts to them.

Last edited:

mezster

Mar 31, 2011
Iowa
Supercurio's root keeper app should allow this, at least that is what other users have stated in market comments.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

shelby04861

Aug 28, 2011
The app does do just that buy somehow the twc TV all still sees root access. It wasn't until I tried the version with the modified build.prop that it stopped checking for root access and allowed mr to watch TV.