Wep-Crack (aircrack?) For android?

Search This thread

grayn0de

Mar 10, 2009
Austin, Tx
www.grayn0de.com
Short answer: No.

Long Answer: You could run aircrack inside Debian (or Backtrack) on Android, but there is no way to redirect control of WLAN hardware to the Debian image, as of yet, so it would not work. Other than that, you'd need hardware and drivers capable of packet injection and monitor mode, as well as a version of aircrack-ng that has been rewritten to compile and run on Android (utilizing busybox, perhaps), which does not exist. This theoretical version of aircrack-ng would also need to be able to interface with the specific WLAN drivers involved.

That being said... who uses WEP these days, anyway?

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
You could just use the backtrack installer on Android. ;) all the tools you need to get that handshake

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Cjen1987

Jun 8, 2012
z4cellforums.webs.com
I have a copy of Ubuntu 12.04
I added aircrack and reaver wps
And a few other tweaks:

http://z4cellforums.m.webs.com/site...w/8716249-samsung-galaxy-s3-with-ubuntu-12-04

You just need the drivers.

Screenshot_2013-03-04-23-59-53.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Short answer: No.

Long Answer: You could run aircrack inside Debian (or Backtrack) on Android, but there is no way to redirect control of WLAN hardware to the Debian image, as of yet, so it would not work. Other than that, you'd need hardware and drivers capable of packet injection and monitor mode, as well as a version of aircrack-ng that has been rewritten to compile and run on Android (utilizing busybox, perhaps), which does not exist. This theoretical version of aircrack-ng would also need to be able to interface with the specific WLAN drivers involved.

That being said... who uses WEP these days, anyway?
    Yes it is. At least with the G1, I am not sure about other devices but you could look around.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1271854
    If you have to ask its probably best you dont know. ;)