[Q] Best Apps for transferring files over WiFi?

Search This thread

palomino6294

Mar 7, 2011
Tamazula, Dgo
Hi everyone,

An iOS App called "DeskConnect" caught my attention because it is pretty neat at what it does. It allows you to send files from your PC/Mac to your, in this case, iDevice (or vice versa) over WiFi in a breeze. You just have to download the App on the computer and iDevice register with the same account on both devices.

My question is, is their an application similar to DeskConnect for Android? I'd like to download an App on my Mac and HTC One and be able to send stuff from my computer by just dragging what I want to send into the application and then receiving the document in the application on my phone.

I know I can probably connect my phone via USB and then transfer files like but I want to know if there is an easy way to do this over WiFi.

cm2003

AirDroid is pretty cool for doing that.
For me sometimes a bit buggy though. (especially when transferring mp3)

Still in my opinion the best choice!
Everything runs over your browser.

Ps: the registration is only needed if you want to transfer files through the Internet rather than using your network.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

ferrerj004

Jul 27, 2013
PushBullet is what I use. But the limit for uploading a file is 25MB. I know some apps are bigger than that but it's worked well for me so far, light on the PC and phone, just runs on the browser as well.

palomino6294

Mar 7, 2011
Tamazula, Dgo
PushBullet is what I use. But the limit for uploading a file is 25MB. I know some apps are bigger than that but it's worked well for me so far, light on the PC and phone, just runs on the browser as well.

PushBullet!:good: It's simple. Download the app to your phone and the Chrome extension, log in to both and voila "push" files with one click!

biohaz55

Feb 9, 2010
Buxton
Hi everyone,

An iOS App called "DeskConnect" caught my attention because it is pretty neat at what it does. It allows you to send files from your PC/Mac to your, in this case, iDevice (or vice versa) over WiFi in a breeze. You just have to download the App on the computer and iDevice register with the same account on both devices.

My question is, is their an application similar to DeskConnect for Android? I'd like to download an App on my Mac and HTC One and be able to send stuff from my computer by just dragging what I want to send into the application and then receiving the document in the application on my phone.

I know I can probably connect my phone via USB and then transfer files like but I want to know if there is an easy way to do this over WiFi.

I've been using WiFi File Transfer Pro for a good while now, it's very good..... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smarterdroid.wififiletransfer&hl=en

yoda1998

Apr 4, 2014
I would say Air Droid is best because you can also control your camera and have notifications displayed on the PC

rezaluchu

Oct 23, 2010
Android has a lot better solution than that. You can install "Software data Cable" . Chose Sync and it create an FTP server. You just need to have a FTP client on your PC/Mac/Linux.

What's more, when the phone is not in wifi network, it can create an wireless Hotspot.

Sent from my HTC One

OptimusDan

Feb 5, 2013
Toronto
Solid Explorer has a nifty FTP share feature... I used it because for what ever reason I couldn't mount my One via USB. Airdroid works well too.

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Why install extra app
ES Explorer do all jobs
Activate WiFi Hotspot or connect phone to PC WiFi
open ES explorer >> tools >> remote manager >> click on Turn on Note ftp address >> Windows explorer >> address bar >> fill Ftp address from phone to bar & now you can access all files
Phone to phone file transfer same way & 1 more short way
SuperBeam is Also for both PC & Phone

Last edited:

arses

Mar 24, 2010
Zapya has a perfect interface and possibilty to connect to iphone and PC by wifi direct. Approximately 3MB per second

★☆■HTC ULTIM8■☆★

Top Liked Posts