How to remove Knox?

Search This thread

Mikrouwel

Feb 28, 2011
Hey guys,

I am feeling like a total noob and am getting rather frustrated so please could somebody help me. I install this Samsung Knox app ting when I first got my Note 3 (N9005 - Non Rooted) and now I want it gone. I Do not know how to get rid of it and would be grateful if somebody showed me how.

I have tried googling and searching xda but found nothing :(

Many thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Han Solo 1

Aug 28, 2013
Please do us a favor and put a question mark after your thread title. It appears as if you are showing us how to do it.

There is no way to remove Knox.

stesteste

Apr 12, 2011
mine was to but then I pressed the info or about button and its there

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

white-note

Nov 10, 2011
I'm installing again, see what happens....

EDIT...

After installing Knox is active.
So, Hit the menu button, Than "Knox settings", and than "About Knox".
There is a Delete button.

I have no problem deleting for the second time.

But will this also prevent knox from stopping applications trying to modify system files?

I don't think so.
I gess it's two different things, the Knox app, and besides that the safety settings in the firmware Samsung made.
Even if you don't install Knox, your Knox counter will raise if you Root your phone or if you Flash it.

Last edited:
The uninstall button on my menu is greyed out :(

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

You might need to uncheck Knox under settings>general>security>device administrators before you can uninstall it.

I think this will only remove the interface to Knox though, as I believe the implementation is very low level.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

shynn27

Sep 7, 2013
So theres no way to reset the count like it has been done on note 2 with using triangle away. But thats a rooted app so are you speaking on US or Int'l note 3. Trying to understand more about knox before I purchase my note 3 instore tomorrow. Searched online and is the knox a security app? Do you have to activate it or is it free will? Please anyone explain thanks.

*Note 3*

Last edited:

d3speradooo

Oct 8, 2013
xx

Hey guys,

I am feeling like a total noob and am getting rather frustrated so please could somebody help me. I install this Samsung Knox app ting when I first got my Note 3 (N9005 - Non Rooted) and now I want it gone. I Do not know how to get rid of it and would be grateful if somebody showed me how.

Solved jus hit 20 time wrong passwordd n knox will delete n unintall itself

mujahidlatif

Oct 29, 2013
Uninstall

Hey guys,

---------------------------------------------

Go to the knox mode, and then go to knox setting by pressing the menu button. There you will find the ABOUT button. Click on that button, there you will find uninstall button.

Thanks

ripnetuk

Aug 25, 2006
You might need to uncheck Knox under settings>general>security>device administrators before you can uninstall it.

I think this will only remove the interface to Knox though, as I believe the implementation is very low level.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

It wont let me do this. You can "uninstall" Knox and get it back to how it was before setup (knox partition removed, back to having to install it again to re-knox), but you cannot AFAICT uninstall it completely, because its setup as a device administrator. You also cannot stop it being a device admin, even if its unticked, application manager wont uninstall as its device admin.

I wouldnt mind, but the knox process (as shown by CPU timelines pro) uses 10% of CPU power 24/7, which seems a bit naff when im not even using it. Im unsure if thats 10% of the current CPU speed (which might be virtually sleeping), or 10% max...

g

raffigrant

Mar 19, 2013
yes, you can uninstall knox

Knox is a security feature which Samsung has created for Android versions 4.3 onwards,

It is a very clever mechanism, by which Samsung are hoping to grab the Mobile Device Management market from blackberry. As businesses are trying to get used to the Bring Your Own Device world we live in, there has increasingly been a call for device management, i.e that a business i.t administrator can control the data-flow and policy of all devices.

Knox, installs as a container, it is basically a second phone, with separate media, homescreens, email, apps etc, so that on your personal phone you can have a secure section for work or private matters.

It is optional to install, and to uninstall you have to go into Knox itself, hit menu, settings, about knox, uninstall.

enjoy.

efjbdejong

Jul 1, 2008
Woubrugge
If I don't install knox (dont have my phone yet) then I still get flagged when I root? Or do you only get flagged when knox is installed?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed Knox also, and uninstalled it later without any problem.

Just log in in Knox, hit the menu button and hit uninstall.
    It will uninstall Knox with every program installed with it.
    xx

Hey guys,

Solved jus hit 20 time wrong passwordd n knox will delete n unintall itself
    I installed Knox also, and uninstalled it later without any problem.

Just log in in Knox, hit the menu button and hit uninstall.
    It will uninstall Knox with every program installed with it.

n1 didnt see that uninstalled now

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
    Knox itself is not a bad idea, if I ever decided to use my phone for banking or as a credit card, secure container would be the way to go. But Samsung's implementation is just wrong and frankly refusing any warranty repairs due to Knox flag should be straight up illegal, unless proven the software modifications that tripped the flag caused the phone to malfunction and repairs.
    What do we know so far? It's all software, uses 128 bit encryption, probably does not use e-fuses for flags, as originally feared and it can be installed on phones made before Knox was announced, so most likely doesn't require some Knox specific hardware.
    I would think wiping the phone clean and then load firmware that doesn't have Knox would be the way to go for older phones, like GS3. On the other hand finding Note 3 firmware that doesn't have traces of Knox could be a challenge, me think. Do we know where Knox certificates are? What do we know about inner workings of Knox? Without that we can't do much unless we find something by pure accident.
    there's a really simple way :: follow along my Friend.First, you do our bro's at XDA recommend about how to flash the right files,then right where you see the start up screen,first thing you wanna do is to go to APP MANAGER\ALL\ and disable all the d%mn knox apps. Once you do that ,go to play store and update your Super Su. Finally when the update is done open supersu and follow the prompts and on your way u;ll come across the option to disable knox..

hope that helped...
    keep smiling coz its always beautiful day.