[Q] i need a very simple way to flash my phone with ubuntu please

Search This thread

ragez0r

Aug 10, 2014
i need a very simple way to flash my phone with ubuntu touch please
thought it would be simpler to just paste the thread title.... im running in circles trying to accomplish this but keep smashing into brick walls....
tried installing from Ubuntu itself.. its an old version.. too old to understand the $ cmd.......when it comes to linux im a complete moron..... but im smart enough to know that my samsung Ace2 is too damned slow on android.. to the point im having difficulty answering calls
i want android GONE.. i dont want dual boot.. i want android GONE
and, i want a simple install please.. as simple as wubi.exe... in fact it was the only way i was capable of installing ubuntu or xubuntu on my notebooks.. yes ladies and gents.. im converted.. im done with microsoft, most likely 4 good... so please tell me how i can accomplish this task

thank you, much regards to all you for keeping linux alive till today...
Chris

nikwen

Feb 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
www.nikwen.de
might i ask why my smartphone isnt elidgible ?
It will only work if there's a port for your device. Sadly, mobile devices aren't as easy to handle as desktop computers. On the desktop you can take the OS and install it on (almost) all devices because it includes drivers for all standard PC components. On mobiles, however, you need separate drivers for every device as all devices are special and (more important) the manufacturer often does not make it easy for devs to write the necessary drivers. Always remember, we who are modding our phones are a minority.

You shouldn't be too sorry about the absence of a port for your device though. Ubuntu is (even though it's rapidly making progress) much slower than Android, even on officially supported devices.

Reactions: RumoredNow

ragez0r

Aug 10, 2014
thank you, but i wont give up.. i downloaded kali linux.. now just trying to figure out a way to open a .img file from android

RumoredNow

Feb 28, 2011
Springfield Missouri
thank you, but i wont give up.. i downloaded kali linux.. now just trying to figure out a way to open a .img file from android

Dude, you are going to brick your phone. You can't just flash whatever to wherever.

Your phone was built for Gingerbread. It is thin on Hardware resources. I'm sure it is struggling if you've updated it into Jelly Bean. There are alternate ROMs that might run better on an Ace 2. Check the Ace 2 forum at XDA... http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-ace Debloat the damn thing. Samsung layers so much icing on there you can't taste the actual cake. I mean the skin (Touchwiz) is sooo thick it robs the performance. Especially at your phone's age and the major jumps in OS version it's gone through. You've got to blast out a lot of the grunge that's clogging the pipes.

If you truly want away from Android get a phone designed for another OS. You can get a brand new phone fairly inexpensive off contract and not have to deal with Android. I like the Nokia Lumia 520. A great entry level phone that is modern and runs well without breaking the bank. Or maybe you can find a quality used phone on Craig's list.

Last edited:

ragez0r

Aug 10, 2014
i find it hard to believe a bricked ace 2 is any different than a functional 1.. i never flashed anything onto it...
okay.. ill try downgrading it to gingerbread..... need to figure out how though lol

trh1341

Jun 13, 2011
MESA
i find it hard to believe a bricked ace 2 is any different than a functional 1.. i never flashed anything onto it...
okay.. ill try downgrading it to gingerbread..... need to figure out how though lol
Dude, not to be an ass. But there are a couple things... You will need to develop your own drivers. If you do (somehow) get a standard Linux distro installed, you won't even be able to get the screen to turn on. Second of all....YOUR PHONE CAN BARELY RUN ANDROID! What makes you think it can handle a full Linux operating system like Kali Linux? And the last thing you need to realize. You WILL NOT be able to make calls, text, or get mobile data on your phone. If the phone is that bad...go out and get a new phone. Sorry man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    might i ask why my smartphone isnt elidgible ?
    It will only work if there's a port for your device. Sadly, mobile devices aren't as easy to handle as desktop computers. On the desktop you can take the OS and install it on (almost) all devices because it includes drivers for all standard PC components. On mobiles, however, you need separate drivers for every device as all devices are special and (more important) the manufacturer often does not make it easy for devs to write the necessary drivers. Always remember, we who are modding our phones are a minority.

You shouldn't be too sorry about the absence of a port for your device though. Ubuntu is (even though it's rapidly making progress) much slower than Android, even on officially supported devices.