Rom Manager Now Supports HD2

Search This thread
Apr 3, 2011
Rom manager now has a clockwork mod recovery for the HD2.. is it safe to flash roms now with magldr installed?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: Corw1n

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
My phone is still showing up in ROM Manager as a Desire. I uninstalled and reinstalled RM and have modified my build.prop to show my phone as a HD2.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

wolfpack612

Nov 18, 2006
Hollywood
My phone is still showing up in ROM Manager as a Desire. I uninstalled and reinstalled RM and have modified my build.prop to show my phone as a HD2.

in rom manager when you click on flash recovery do you get a list of phones to choose from? you should see "HTC HD2" on the list.

Apr 3, 2011
I take it yours worked as well... were you able to reboot into recovery?

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
Didn't look there, just opened the list of roms. I'll check it out tonite, busy now.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
I take it yours worked as well... were you able to reboot into recovery?

Just downloaded the free version of ROM Manager and it would not reboot into recovery, I tried twice. I also tried flashing Clockwork Mod Recovery (even though I already have it flashed to my HD2) becausecevery thing besides reboot into recovery and flash Clockwork Mod Recovery give me a message saying I need Clockwork Mod Recovery before I can use it. But when I tried to flash Clockwork Mod recovery it did list the HTC HD2 in the list but it said it incountered an error while flashing Clockwork Mod Recovery, again I tried twice and same message both times. But I checked and I do still have Clockwork Mod Recovery on my HD2. Maybe you have to use cLK with ROM Manager cause in the information on the ROM Manager when you find it in the Android market says for this.

HTC Users: Flash recovery not working? Try fastbooting a recovery on.

You only use fastboot with cLK, if I still had a functioning laptop (LCD screen not working) Iwould test this. But this is not possible for me at the moment.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
ROM Manager currently only works with cLK bootloader.

Thanks for the confirmation. I kinda figured that when I seen fastboot mentioned in the trouble shooting for the app on the market. I just did not want to just assume it worked with cLK or only worked with cLK without being able to test it first. I try hard not to give out false information in the forums. Thanks again though.

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro

hi,
Do you know when it will start working with magldr?
I updated it and bought the premium version, because I was trying to update the boot loader.
I clicked on flash clockworkmod recovery and it updated to 3.0.2.5.
But when I tried to load a d recovery,I just got an error :(
So I presume it has installed clk?
Don't know how I'm going to get my ad recovery back.i guess I'll have to read up on that.
I did check online for some instructions on ROM manager, but no joy.

Flashed from my fingers to your face

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
hi,
I updated it and bought the premium version, because I was trying to update the boot loader.
Don't know how I'm going to get my ad recovery back.i guess I'll have to read up on that.

I don't know about it flashing cLK to your HD2 bit if you want to flash cLK PM me and I can help you with it. Cause cLK is not as easycas MAGLDR.

Reactions: sda.171

azer0

Jul 23, 2010
Cambridge
It works!

Rom manager now has a clockwork mod recovery for the HD2.. is it safe to flash roms now with magldr installed?

+1

Installed rom manger and when i tried to flash cwm, HTC HD2 appeared on the devices list for the very first time (i tell you what, it felt great really great:D), this was the last thing needed to make HTC HD2 fully compatible with android os.

Updated cwm and did a nandroid backup from within rom manger, without a single problem, how cool is that?

This my dear friends was the icing on the cake (sort of speak) for this great piece of hardware and its long road into running android as well as any other native "made for android" hardware. This is it.

Thanks a lot to the devs and their testers who for making this all happen, thank you guys, you did make the impossible, possible, here is proof to that.

Thank you cedesmith for your "not so little" cLK.

Thank you pongster for your amazing roms.

p.s. Hyperdroid GBX is already available to download from rom manager, what do you say to that?

THX

timekeeper

Nov 29, 2006
Vancouver, BC
+1

Installed rom manger and when i tried to flash cwm, HTC HD2 appeared on the devices list for the very first time (i tell you what, it felt great really great:D), this was the last thing needed to make HTC HD2 fully compatible with android os.

Updated cwm and did a nandroid backup from within rom manger, without a single problem, how cool is that?

This my dear friends was the icing on the cake (sort of speak) for this great piece of hardware and its long road into running android as well as any other native "made for android" hardware. This is it.

Thanks a lot to the devs and their testers who for making this all happen, thank you guys, you did make the impossible, possible, here is proof to that.

Thank you cedesmith for your "not so little" cLK.

Thank you pongster for your amazing roms.

p.s. Hyperdroid GBX is already available to download from rom manager, what do you say to that?

THX
Almost makes me want to switch to cLK, but I hear of data and cell problems.

zach.antre

Mar 29, 2010
Athens
hi,

Well... as much i have figured out ROM Manager is not available for MAGLDR yet because of the /boot partition formating.
cLK is formating /boot partition with different file system of MAGLDR which allow ROM Manager to work on cLK.

Now if you would like to change from MAGLDR to cLK it is actually very easy and simple.

Here are the steps:
download cLK 1.4 from here
(cLK is managing the partitioning of the disk therefore you will see different filenames. I use the System:130M / Cache:5M for Ultimate Droid Rom)
The flashing of cLK is done same way as you flash WinMo (with CustomRUU). Just place in the same folder CustomRUU.exe and RUU_signed.nbh and run as administrator.
Ofcourse you have to be in bootloader mode (you know the screen with the 3 colors that shows the HSPL version)

After flashing cLK you need to have installed the adb drivers. On my expirience in Windows 7 are automaticly installed.
After that you have to download the necessary files for the fastboot commands to work from here
Extract the file to i.e. c:\android

Then you have to download ClockWorkMod Recovery for cLK from here. Download from attachements CWM for cLK.
Place the cwm *.img in the same folder as fastboot.

Now, in order to install the cwm to cLK you need to:
Run cmd
Navigate to c:\android (on cmd)
and
Code:
Type "fastboot erase recovery" (<- not really necessary; just to make sure), followed by enter
Type "fastboot flash recovery cLK_recovery_3.0.2.5.img", followed by enter
Type "fastboot reboot" for rebooting your phone

Once rebooted hold down the home button and you will enter CWM
The rest you know what to do.

I use UD Rom 3.2.5 v2 for cLK with a fix for PPP which is actually very stable from here. You can copy/paste this fix to /system/lib with the use of terminal (you must reboot after and must not clear cache)

If you don't care about the internet connection stability so much... cLK is a must for you.

PS: If you need more info about installing read the cLK and CWM thread

Last edited:
Reactions: n1ghtm4r

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Well... as much i have figured out ROM Manager is not available for MAGLDR yet because of the /boot partition formating.
cLK is formating /boot partition with different file system of MAGLDR which allow ROM Manager to work on cLK.

Now if you would like to change from MAGLDR to cLK it is actually very easy and simple.

Here are the steps:
download cLK 1.4 from here
(cLK is managing the partitioning of the disk therefore you will see different filenames. I use the System:130M / Cache:5M for Ultimate Droid Rom)
The flashing of cLK is done same way as you flash WinMo (with CustomRUU). Just place in the same folder CustomRUU.exe and RUU_signed.nbh and run as administrator.
Ofcourse you have to be in bootloader mode (you know the screen with the 3 colors that shows the HSPL version)

After flashing cLK you need to have installed the adb drivers. On my expirience in Windows 7 are automaticly installed.
After that you have to download the necessary files for the fastboot commands to work from here
Extract the file to i.e. c:\android

Then you have to download ClockWorkMod Recovery for cLK from here. Download from attachements CWM for cLK.
Place the cwm *.img in the same folder as fastboot.

Now, in order to install the cwm to cLK you need to:
Run cmd
Navigate to c:\android (on cmd)
and
Code:
Type "fastboot erase recovery" (<- not really necessary; just to make sure), followed by enter
Type "fastboot flash recovery cLK_recovery_3.0.2.5.img", followed by enter
Type "fastboot reboot" for rebooting your phone

Once rebooted hold down the home button and you will enter CWM
The rest you know what to do.

I use UD Rom 3.2.5 v2 for cLK with a fix for PPP which is actually very stable from here. You can copy/paste this fix to /system/lib with the use of terminal (you must reboot after and must not clear cache)

If you don't care about the internet connection stability so much... cLK is a must for you.

PS: If you need more info about installing read the cLK and CWM thread

Hi,
Firstly ,thanks for the tut.
I'm not sure I'm ready for clk right now.My only gripe was that it wasn't overly clear that ROM manager was only for clk,not magldr.
If you,or anyone else on magldr, care to read this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1040564

you can see that I wasn't the only one with this problem.
Having said that,all's well that ends well. :)

I bought the program because it looked like a great app.
It probably is,but not for me just yet. :(

Last edited:

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
At zach.anger why did you say if internet connection stabilitycis notcan issue then cLK is a must. Does cLK cause problems with keeing a data connection?

Also educate me on what PPP is please? I have been reading all through the cLK thread and CWM thread and have not seen an answer.

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
At zach.anger why did you say if internet connection stabilitycis notcan issue then cLK is a must. Does cLK cause problems with keeing a data connection?

Also educate me on what PPP is please? I have been reading all through the cLK thread and CWM thread and have not seen an answer.

PPP is 'Point to Point Protocal', it is the alternative to RMNET type of data connection. clk doesn't support RMNET, which some consider to have a steadier data connection (no data drops) at a bit of a cost in data speed. But really ppp has come a long way since we first started having Android on our HD2's. I use ppp on a ROM that was originally on RMNET, and I never experience data drops, but some folks still prefer RMNET, or even can't get a data connection at all ob PPP.

As far as clk being a must, if you have no data issues with ppp:
clk is more like having a native Android device, it enables you to use fastboot commands from adb, and since there's no MAGLDR menu in the way between the OS and recivery, you can use the Advanced Shutdown menu built into some ROMs to boot directly from Android into CWM. That's also why ROM Manager works with clk and not MAGLDR.

Reactions: T-Macgnolia

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
PPP is 'Point to Point Protocal', it is the alternative to RMNET type of data connection. clk doesn't support RMNET, which some consider to have a steadier data connection (no data drops) at a bit of a cost in data speed. But really ppp has come a long way since we first started having Android on our HD2's. I use ppp on a ROM that was originally on RMNET, and I never experience data drops, but some folks still prefer RMNET, or even can't get a data connection at all ob PPP.

As far as clk being a must, if you have no data issues with ppp:
clk is more like having a native Android device, it enables you to use fastboot commands from adb, and since there's no MAGLDR menu in the way between the OS and recivery, you can use the Advanced Shutdown menu built into some ROMs to boot directly from Android into CWM. That's also why ROM Manager works with clk and not MAGLDR.

Thanks for the info.

I knew about RMNET not working with cLK, even though I do not know what it is yet lol, I have not googled it yet. :p Bit I had tried Googling PPP and came up empty using several search terms, well not empty but not the answer I was looking for.

I also knew about being able to enter the ADB fastboot commands using cLK. I have been doing a good bit of research on cLK as I am wanting to add it to my guide in my sig. I am still wondering one thing though. I accidently busted the LCD on my laptop so I can not test this myself. But can you use the fastboot commands to flash a Android ROM just like you usecthem to flash CWM. I mean it seems to me all you have to do is type in the below command into the command promt.

fastboot flash (name of the .img file for the ROM).img

Am I correct in thinking this?

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet
Pretty sure it will work. But I dunno 100% for sure, as I'm still using magldr. clk looks so attractive, butmy current setup is so stable, and I'm a bit lazy to switch

zach.antre

Mar 29, 2010
Athens
Thanks for the info.

I knew about RMNET not working with cLK, even though I do not know what it is yet lol, I have not googled it yet. :p Bit I had tried Googling PPP and came up empty using several search terms, well not empty but not the answer I was looking for.

I also knew about being able to enter the ADB fastboot commands using cLK. I have been doing a good bit of research on cLK as I am wanting to add it to my guide in my sig. I am still wondering one thing though. I accidently busted the LCD on my laptop so I can not test this myself. But can you use the fastboot commands to flash a Android ROM just like you usecthem to flash CWM. I mean it seems to me all you have to do is type in the below command into the command promt.

fastboot flash (name of the .img file for the ROM).img

Am I correct in thinking this?

As said before RMNET and PPP are 2 different connection protocols.
RMNET is stable and supported by MAGLDR and not by cLK
PPP is supported by cLK but not stable as RMNET.

Concerning the benefits of cLK it just makes your HD2 a native android device, with all the benefits of it... Thats all.

About the command you are right. You can use the commands to flash any partition table as following:

"fastboot flash [partition to flash] *.img"

for example you only want to flash a new boot.img (kernel & init.rd) you just need to type:

fastboot erase boot
fastboot flash boot boot.img

you can also flash specific files from within an img but i don't remember the exact commands right now.

Reactions: T-Macgnolia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe you have to use cLK with ROM Manager cause in the information on the ROM Manager when you find it in the Android market says for this.

I have clk running on my rom but when whenI go to do a backup from app it only reboots into recovery. I have no clue what i have to change to get that working. If I knew where rom manager gets the info from,I could change to get it working correctly. So for I changed some things in the build.prop but thats all I tried.

This is how ROM Manager works, it is an automated and more user friendly way to do things in CWM. Actually a GUI for ROM Manager.
    Give the command --> Auto-Reboot to CWM Recovery --> Automatic doing whatever chose in RM --> Auto-Reboot to Android.

For some people it may seems stupid but thats how it works.
    The advantage of RM is that you are doing whatever you are able to do in CWM, within Android, and much more.

One more advantage is that if you have broken volume buttons (it happend to a friend) you can easily change ROM with RM... Amazing right?

I Hope I have answered your questioning!

hi,

I don't know about it flashing cLK to your HD2 bit if you want to flash cLK PM me and I can help you with it. Cause cLK is not as easycas MAGLDR.
    Would this work with Tytung ICS 2.8 + MAGLDR?
    Thnx

No, the ROM Manager will recognize it as Nexus One. But you can edit the build.prop file.
    And MAGLDR doesn't support ROM Manager.