Horizontal cradle

Search This thread

LowFire82

Apr 3, 2011
Fort Myers
I just got my cradle and battery in today, and I am going to have to disagree then. I have had the official Blackberry Storm cradle and the Seidio Storm cradle. This cradle feels about the same quality as the official Blackberry one, and is much better than the Seidio one, and better priced as well. I stuck my Mugen battery in it to charge it by itself, the red LED lit up like it said it would and went green when it was done...

Not quite sure what else you are looking for... As for the adapter, you ordered it directly from a Chinese retailer, what did you expect....it works for me here in Qatar lol ;)

I will report back in a few days on the battery, after I get a few cycles through it.

My initial thoughts, I am very pleased with my purchase and I ordered on May 25th, not bad for coming from China, through the US, and to me at a base in the Middle East :)

Cheers

LowFire82

Apr 3, 2011
Fort Myers
Sorry, missed your post completely, I ordered the one and battery from the Mugen site

I can already say that the battery is definitely better than the stock HTC

wlkoff

Mar 31, 2011
Hope to get the Kidigi horizontal cradle in Czech Republic soon :-(

Last edited:

Inferi0r

May 29, 2009
Ordered this one, it's on the way to my home. I will update you with info about the quality and of it's the real one.

It's just arrived, it's the original. Bad news is that my speedboat and I yesterday sank in the river. Boat and phone are gone (actually I still have my phone, but it won't start anymore) so I can't test the cradle

DoctorQuality

Sep 9, 2011
goblinIT< - - - - Pretty much what he said.

I ordered the cradle (with the 2nd battery slot) from Mugen Battery dba Etrade Asia Limited, Wanchai, Hong Kong.

It's study and weighty. It does NOT say "Kidigi" on the front. It does cradle the phone nicely. I'm satisfied with all that.

The two lights are indeed blue and green. The blue light stays on to indicate the charger is DRAWING power (from the micro-USB plug in the back being connected to a wire that is, in turn, plugged into either a USB port or an AC wall plug). That left blue LED is debossed just below to show it's a "power" indicator. The other one is debossed just below to show it's a "battery" indicator. It's normal mode is green "for go," it's ready to accept a second battery in the back saddle for charging. According to the instructions I got, the green LCD will switch to red when a battery inserted into the back saddle is actually in the process of being charged. And that the LED will turn to blue when the battery in the back saddle IS fully charged. Since I am not actually charging a second battery in that back saddle, my lights stay blue and green no matter what, just like goblinIT said.

And like he said, you can't get to the audio plug. The actual plug is exposed but there's no room around it. They should have had a semi-circle cutout there so you could get a plug in and out.

When comes to the USB wires that came with it, well it's a durn puzzle. There's just one female micro-USB plug in the back, yet the gizmo shipped with TWO micro-USB-to-regular-USB wires. One was marked "data only" and the other was marked "power only." WTF? I am supposed to switch these wires back and forth all the time depending on whether I am charging or transferring data? I am sitting here wondering if these two wires are actually not fully pinned, that one has only power pins, the other has only data pins. And NEITHER of these wires is long enough to be usable anyway, about 3 feet, from the base of my PC up to the top of my desk without a single inch of slack. I ended up using another, longer USB wire to connect the charger to the back of the computer. Then I threw the OEM two wires that came with the cradle – and with the uncertain pinning - into the kitchen trash can. The unit does charge AND transfer data simultaneously without problem via the single USB wire (that I provided.)

Then I also rec'd an American-AC-wall-plug-to-regular-USB converter. Like the one in the goblinIT picture except the wings are flat and would fit into a regular American wall socket. (Instead of the plug that goblinIT got that is for Euro wall usage.) I won't need it so I'll just toss in my pile of other charger gizmos where it's far more likely to come in more handy. Why didn't they put a second female plug-in of some kind into the back of the cradle … so I could send additional charging power to the cradle with this AC plug. Oh, well.

Looking back I wish I had ordered the version without the back battery saddle from the 4uMobi link provided above. I'll never use the back battery saddle. Besides, if I didn't have it, the green light might have been doing something more useful!

Happy Motoring !

Last edited:

neocodex

Sep 7, 2010
Guys,

you can get the craddle here: mobilefun.co.uk/htc-incredible-s-dual-desktop-sync-and-charge-cradle-p29105.htm

I'm surprised how you couldn't find this. I mean, seriously, why eBay? This company is top-notch for mobile accessories and their customer service is very satisfying.

I got this one and it is actually the Kidigi one. It does say Kidigi on the box, but not the cradle (which is very much to my preference, I like it this way better) Also, everything works fine and I'm satisfied with it. LED's work ok. Blue led on the left means that the craddle is connected, and right one is red when battery is charging, otherwise it's green.

The AC plug that was provided was UK-type, but that's not a problem for me, since I have it connected to my PC all the time anyway, and you could still buy a converter for that if you needed it...

Oh and btw, a reply to the post above:

I got only one wire and it said "data only", but that doesn't matter really, I use it for bot charging and data without problems. Also works fine with original HTC wire that was supplied with the phone. If length is a problem for you sir, maybe you should get an usb extension cord.

The only downside to this cradle is that you can't reach the volume buttons while it's sitted. I don't really care about the headplugs. But you can still do that software-ish. It could also be good to use a launcher that supports landscape mode, if you use your phone a lot while it's in the cradle.

Last edited:

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011
Guys,

you can get the craddle here: mobilefun.co.uk/htc-incredible-s-dual-desktop-sync-and-charge-cradle-p29105.htm

I'm surprised how you couldn't find this. I mean, seriously, why eBay? This company is top-notch for mobile accessories and their customer service is very satisfying.

I got this one and it is actually the Kidigi one. It does say Kidigi on the box, but not the cradle (which is very much to my preference, I like it this way better) Also, everything works fine and I'm satisfied with it. LED's work ok. Blue led on the left means that the craddle is connected, and right one is red when battery is charging, otherwise it's green.

The AC plug that was provided was UK-type, but that's not a problem for me, since I have it connected to my PC all the time anyway, and you could still buy a converter for that if you needed it...

Oh and btw, a reply to the post above:

I got only one wire and it said "data only", but that doesn't matter really, I use it for bot charging and data without problems. Also works fine with original HTC wire that was supplied with the phone. If length is a problem for you sir, maybe you should get an usb extension cord.

The only downside to this cradle is that you can't reach the volume buttons while it's sitted. I don't really care about the headplugs. But you can still do that software-ish. It could also be good to use a launcher that supports landscape mode, if you use your phone a lot while it's in the cradle.
you can buy the official kidigi one off their own website aswell, if you dont use the second battery thing it works out cheaper

just go to the online store section of their site.

skinniezinho

Sep 5, 2010
Aveiro
Hi guys does anyone have the kidigi/replica dock?Does it enter dock mode when you plug the Incredible S?Can you post pics?From what I saw on ebay this dock is shiny plastic not "rugged".
I had a replica for my Nexus S that I bought on http://shop.brando.com/, it took about one month but it was fine (it needed a resistor mod (info here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=820275 ,so it would enter dock mode, any idea of resistor values for incredible s?).

Last edited:

skinniezinho

Sep 5, 2010
Aveiro
Well since most cradles don't work with covers, I decided to buy this:
BlueLounge Milo.
It's nothing fancy but it is what I need, and it is not green like the similar ones on ebay.
here is a review.
Works fine with the Incredible S.

invosoft

Apr 8, 2012
Does the second battery fit

There are a few reviews saying the second battery does not fit in the Kidgi. Can anyone confirm or deny this for the Incredible S battery?

amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B005G6MNRG/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar[/url]

skinniezinho

Sep 5, 2010
Aveiro
There are a few reviews saying the second battery does not fit in the Kidgi. Can anyone confirm or deny this for the Incredible S battery?

amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B005G6MNRG/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar[/url]

I can't confirm, but if you are going to buy one (And you know that you may need to do some DIY job) go for the "copies" wich are cheaper available on shop.brando (google it).
I've bought from there (for my previous nexus S) and it is very nice, and it doesn't say kidigi =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mugen Power Crap!

I've just received cradle from Mugen Power and I wouldn't recommended it to anyone.[FONT=&quot]

IMAG0675.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

[/FONT]OK. Cradle is really well done, looks solid etc. but...

• LEDs - Left always blue, Right always green... Whatever you plug or not... So what are they for?
    • Audio mini Jack is covered, so forget about plugging anything...
    • You can't know if second battery charging process is finish or not...
    • And the worst - look at attached image - power plug - what is this? Where I can plug it? Crap! :mad: :confused:
    • Delivery time: over 1 month and 1 week :mad: :eek:
    • It is not the Kidigi one, it is cheap copy...
    Waste of money. Don't buy it... Maybe if you buy it in Europe you would get the proper plug... but evidently please don't buy it from Mugen Power![FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]Is it NOT that one:[FONT=&quot]
    1_10.jpg

[/FONT]
    @ GoblinIT: why is the battery crap? I have a different opinion....the battery definitely gives me more power and lasts about 30-40% longer.

The cradle was posted to me yesterday and I should have it within the next 2 weeks..

So have you got it? What is your opinion? Battery life is not only my opinion, it was tested and my test showed it has shorter battery life then original one from HTC...