[ROM][05/05/2012][HOLD] LightSense 1.2 ~ fast ~ light in ram ~ UV ~ volume track skip

Search This thread

miksa666

Sep 18, 2009
I flashed the 0.2, but it can't unlock my sim card. I entered the pin and it just seems to be stuck on the "Unlocking SIM card" popup forever.

EDIT: I did try first with data/cache wipe, then with superwipe. Same result.

Last edited:

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
I flashed the 0.2, but it can't unlock my sim card. I entered the pin and it just seems to be stuck on the "Unlocking SIM card" popup forever.

EDIT: I did try first with data/cache wipe, then with superwipe. Same result.

strange thing.. My phone is working perfectly.
I only noticed that when loading for the first time, it display an error about "sim card missing", but going on it will disappear.

BTW without sim locking there is no problem.
You can try to remove sim at first boot, configure your phone pressing next next ... then power off, insert sim and reboot again.

I don't have idea where the problem is.. (apk or framework?)

Last edited:
Reactions: miksa666

miksa666

Sep 18, 2009
Alright, I got it to work by disabling the sim lock.

The rom feels very fast and works almost flawlessly, except that the keyboard backlight doesn't work properly. It turns on randomly and shuts off after a while. Most of the time it's off. I tried flashing the backlight fix for siulmagic's desire rom but then the rom wouldn't boot.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Reactions: nagash91

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
I have flashed that fix and all works perfectly on my phone!! :eek:

what the hell is going on?
The only answer is dalvik cache.
I will try to clean dalvik cache, flash keyboard fix and reboot.

---
After wiping dalvk and cache partition, flashing keyboard fix I get a normal boot.
The only issue is losing the "last apps" in notification (but isn't bad for me).

I will try to flash that fix on a fresh rom install.
BTW I have to contact tun4fish to ask what I have to change in framework-res.apk for fixing keyboard backlight, or compare fixed framework-res with not fixed and find the differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: miksa666

miksa666

Sep 18, 2009
Ok. I got it to boot, I wiped cache and dalvik cache and flashed the fix and it worked..

Thank you for the help and great rom!

Btw, for the next update you should include the google play store instead of the old market. Not a big deal but would be nice. :)

Reactions: nagash91

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Ok. I got it to boot, I wiped cache and dalvik cache and flashed the fix and it worked..

Thank you for the help and great rom!

Btw, for the next update you should include the google play store instead of the old market. Not a big deal but would be nice. :)

I will do it :D
Thank you for your help in bug search and for advice ;)

PS: after some minute of usage the last apps in notification appears again even after keyboard backlight fix.

Reactions: =JKT=

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
My ICS style transition animations seem a bit goofy on 0.2 They stall about halfway through.

Edit: Nevermind, they seem to be working fine now.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
My ICS style transition animations seem a bit goofy on 0.2 They stall about halfway through.

Edit: Nevermind, they seem to be working fine now.

Do you think that 0.2 is a little slower or had bad performance compared to 0.1 or original tun4fish rom?
any judgment is much appreciated, you can help to improve the rom, and my first target is to make the lightest sense rom for htc vision. I want to integrate newer sense features without lose speed and lightness!
If modification are heavy, I will make a base rom without them, and some flashable update with "heavy" features for those who can't do without them.
(sorry for bad english :D)

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Continuing, (btw nice discover) so if Unity and RCMix kernel's are buggy, maybe try ILWT? tsubus says it can work with Sense.

WOW thanks a lot!!! :D:D
I tried the last ILWT kernel (1.8.0) and it works perfectly on this rom!! UV works, camera works and for now there are no strange issue :)

I didn't know that ILWT kernel could work on sense roms!
For some days I'll test this kernel, if it is really better in battery life without giving other problems, I'll integrate in the next version (0.3 I suppose :D)

Thanks to tsubus for his ILWT kernel, and thank you mesaj for your help :)

Running well for now with -100mv to all frequencies :D
(245mhz to 902mhz conservative, 800mv at 245mhz, 925mv at 902mhz)
Will report battery life and stability

Last edited:

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
WOW thanks a lot!!! :D:D
I tried the last ILWT kernel (1.8.0) and it works perfectly on this rom!! UV works, camera works and for now there are no strange issue :)

I didn't know that ILWT kernel could work on sense roms!
For some days I'll test this kernel, if it is really better in battery life without giving other problems, I'll integrate in the next version (0.3 I suppose :D)

Thanks to tsubus for his ILWT kernel, and thank you mesaj for your help :)

Running well for now with -100mv to all frequencies :D
(245mhz to 902mhz conservative, 800mv at 245mhz, 925mv at 902mhz)
Will report battery life and stability

Wow! I never dared go lower than 875mv on any freq! But it varies phone to phone, of course.

Tsubus is the man, so I expect you will have no issues with his kernel. So far this rom is much smoother with the ILWT 1.8.0 kernel =)

Last edited:

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Wow! I never dared go lower than 875mv on any freq! But it varies phone to phone, of course.

Tsubus is the man, so I expect you will have no issues with his kernel.

We spoke too soon.. :D
With this kernel I can't find any wifi network. I hope to find a fix soon. I think the problem is in the kernel modules (drivers).

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
As far as I know; when using an AOSP kernel with a Sense ROM, the WiFi doesn't work.

I see.. :D

Do you know a good kernel for htc vision with UV and without bug of rcMix kernel and unity kernel?
I think that unity kernel and rcMix kernel are made for desire HD.
There aren't kernel project based on htc vision with sense?

Unity and rcMix have camera flash lag and 386mhz bug.. :(:(
I would love to understand if other people see these bug..

Do you know if there is a way to patch an AOSP kernel for remove wifi incompatibility with sense?

sorceforge

Jul 3, 2010
I see.. :D

Do you know a good kernel for htc vision with UV and without bug of rcMix kernel and unity kernel?
I think that unity kernel and rcMix kernel are made for desire HD.
There aren't kernel project based on htc vision with sense?

Unity and rcMix have camera flash lag and 386mhz bug.. :(:(
I would love to understand if other people see these bug..

Do you know if there is a way to patch an AOSP kernel for remove wifi incompatibility with sense?

I haven't seen the boot.img, but how about starting from editing ramdisk?

Such as; 'service dhcpcd_eth0 /system/bin/dhcpcd -ABKL' to 'service dhcpcd /system/bin/dhcpcd -ABKL eth0'

If that doesn't work, it's out of my knowledge. Then I guess get the ILWT kernel source and include wifi driver from that of sense.

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
I couldn't get the camcorder to work, though the camera works fine.

This is with both ILWT and Unity Kernel.

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
I couldn't get the camcorder to work, though the camera works fine.

This is with both ILWT and Unity Kernel.

You have to use H.264 or H.263 codec in the camera option (mpeg is broken in all sense 1.9 roms for desire z).

In the camera app press menù -> select video -> go to advance settings -> click on "codec type" or something similar under resolution and chose h.264.

I notice that flashing keyboard backlight fix, 720p is disabled.
I have to change that fix including the new camera with 720p enabled :D

Reactions: =JKT=

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
I haven't seen the boot.img, but how about starting from editing ramdisk?

Such as; 'service dhcpcd_eth0 /system/bin/dhcpcd -ABKL' to 'service dhcpcd /system/bin/dhcpcd -ABKL eth0'

If that doesn't work, it's out of my knowledge. Then I guess get the ILWT kernel source and include wifi driver from that of sense.

I'll try in some days, but I think that fixing wifi in sense rom with AOSP kernel is much complicate unfortunately..

If it doesn't work I'll try to compile ILWT kernel merging with sense kernel. But I have never compiled linux kernel, so could be a long operation for me, I don't know when I will try

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is based on the Tun4fish version of Desire_Gingerbread_Sense 1.2 by siulmagic (thanks a lot!!)
    I modified this rom and mixing with other rom find in the original HTC Desire section in XDA. Thanks to all developers of original HTC Desire!

This is SENSE 1.9 with some little things from SENSE 2.1 like notification quick settings and notification last apps!!!

This rom is full multi language!!

I decided to make this rom because I love sense, I love speed and I love free ram for multi tasking.

The original tun4fish rom was great, but I decided to make a lighter and international version with some tweak for usability.

Please tell me if you find bugs!

~Changelog ~
    V1.2
    - This is V1.1 Fixed, working 100%
    - Merging some feature with HyperSense Nova, from nexus One section in XDA! Thanks to the developer Iperzampem0, mine compatriot! :D
    - VOLUME ROCKER SKIP SONGS!! (Like cm7) THANKS TO matheusvilela and Iperzampem0
    - increased jpeg quality in camera
    - fix little bug in htcAlbum
    - com.android.phone fixed with patch (already present in v1.1, don't need to flash)
    - removed usb debug icon (build.prop tweak)
    - switch to unity V8 kernel, VDD UV!!
    - updated SU in xbin (fixed)
    - addded oc/uv beater
    - added AdFree
    - added dspManager!

V1.1
    REMOVED: bugged.

V1.0
    - keyboard backlight fix integrated without losing multilanguage in framework
    - market updated (play store now )
    - su updated
    - battery percentage
    - loading circles from gingerbread style (no more froyo style)
    - CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!! no more major bugs apart classic sense 1.9 bugs (rosie landscape, 720p recording).

~Bugs ~
    - Classic sense 1.9 problems: rosie landscape broken, 720p broken. - using lgCamera from market, 720p working -
    - com.android.phone force close at startup: can't unlock sim if you use sim locking code - temporarily fixed with a patch installed in v1.1 or to flash over 1.0 (download section)!!

~ Planned for the future ~
    1) Find a decent UV kernel without camera flash bug and 386mhz bug, to increase battery life
    2) odexed and deodexed versions of the rom
    - Port of HTC camera from original desire Z camera to sense 1.9 (very hard, but is the only feature I miss from sense 2.1)
    - Volume rocker skip song (very hard with modding framework - probably with an app. The only thing I miss from CM)
    - Fix landscape Rosie or prevent rotation (for sense 1.9, very hard)
    - Reduce text size and list size in sense application
    - Reduce text size in standard android application (like spare parts in CM7)

~ FIX ~
    - v1.1 installing apk bug fixed: view single post tomorrow will do an update zip and "new version" 1.1.1

- NEW Sim unlock fix (com.android.phone FIXED!!) for 1.0: update_fix_sim_lock (the old one not working)
    (after boot you have to wait 10 - 20 seconds before unlock your sim card, because you have to wait the script to kill com.android.phone, and wait android system to restart correctly com.android.phone. After some seconds you will notice that the signal return. After that you can unlock your sim with pin code).

- UV kernel (not tested so much, is unity v8 for desire HD but works on desire z): Unity V8 (thanks to mesaj report)

- Unity v10 kernel compatible, UV/OC, camera flash lag present in some phone: XDA-single-post (Tanks to 008325)
    !!! In my DZ camera flash lag is present. If you use this kernel or others unity/rcMix kernel, please report if camera flash lag is present or not !!!

- Others kernels (not tested): link (thanks to mesaj report)

- keyboard backlight fix for 0.2 (OLD): KB_Backlight_Fix by tun4fish (will miss multi language on lockscreen and notification date)

~ Credits ~
    Desire_Gingerbread_Sense 1.2 by siulmagic.
    vision_bulletproof_desire_sense_1.0 by tun4fish.

~ Downloads ~
    LightSense 1.2 - link1: FAST - link2: minus
    LightSense 1.1 - Removed: bugged.
    LightSense 1.0

Light Sense 0.2
    Light Sense 0.1
    Mate if you need any help porting just pm me, or go to virtuous irc :)

You, sir, manage three DZ/G2 ROMs of your own, and STILL offer support to others?? :eek:
    You deserve a medal ;)
    Mate if you need any help porting just pm me, or go to virtuous irc :)

Building new version 1.1!!
    A lot of new stuff!!

- Volume rocker skip songs from CM!! (THANKS TO matheusvilela and Iperzampem0 )
    - New kernel! (virtuous V8, for now the only kernel without bug with UV VDD)
    - JPEG Quality increased in camera!
    - Little bug fix for htc Albums (gallery)
    - autofix for sim unlock installed (don't need to flash the fix for 1.0 over version 1.1)
    - a lot of other things
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents about this ROM: it is, simply put, outstanding. It is far smoother than any Sense 2.1 based ROM, yet IMO has no fewer features (unless you count those "scene" and "skin" scrollable previews). The Sense 2.1 style quick settings and latest apps addition is a great bonus, and battery life is almost as good as G-Lite. Thank you nagash91 for providing this excellent ROM!

PS. I am in the camp of people who would welcome a fully Odexed version of the ROM, more speed and efficiency can only be a good thing ;).

I will odex the rom when I'll release a complete working rom: I have to fix sms issue and I don't know how to do. When I have some time to dedicate to this I'll try to switch frameworks to understand what is the problem.

BTW I have bought LgCamera Pro, it's working perfect on a lot of roms with camera issue (also on ICS, I can take video recording at 960x720p, not 1280x720p but that's something :D).

With LgCamera in this rom you can take video at 1280x720p. I don't remember if you can change focus during video recording with lgCamera with lightSense (with htcCamera you can't.. :( this is a big feature of sense 2.1 that I can't port to sense 1.9).

The feature that I miss from sense 2.1 are (in order of importance):
    1) 2.1 camera
    2) lanscape rosie (I personal would prefer locked portrait rosie, will work for this in this rom)
    3) 2.1 calendar list widget (you can exclude/include calendars from widget)
    4) 2.1 gallery (does not change much but have some cool feature, I use quickPic)
    5) 2.1 theme (only that theme black and squared .. I forgot the name :D)
    6) 2.1 application launcher

I hope to come back to this rom in future, priority is sms bug fix :D
    I also have on site "lightICS", based on AOSP (for now based on virtuous Quattro, compiled from AOSP).

If you someone want to help me see the link in my signature :good: