Preview of the G1-Dream ROM

Search This thread

udK

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2007
Switzerland
Ok guys, the ROM it's not much customized, there is inside just the HTC YouTube player, for the rest it seems a clean Android base system.

Some screenshot:

07bw6.png
09sp4.png
03sn5.png
05ey5.png

Last edited:

Jackerer

Oct 3, 2008
If I buy the HTC Dream in Taiwan,
with a traditional chinese ROM,
do you think it will be easier to flash the ROM compared to windows mobile?
I usually wanted to buy a HTC Touch Pro in Taiwan,
but if flashing the ROM doesn't work right,
the phone is waistet money.
But Android is open, so it will be easy no?

whitealien

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Paris
I remember time when I tried to put Linux mandrake on my laptop 5 years ago. It was disaster and a lot of headake during 5 month before I could get drivers for integrated ATI 3D chip and AMD cool n quite module. So I guess you need to bee big pro to make all neccessary drivers for each device to make android working :(, for example on Polaris

Black93300ZX

Jul 23, 2008
Brooklyn
I remember time when I tried to put Linux mandrake on my laptop 5 years ago. It was disaster and a lot of headake during 5 month before I could get drivers for integrated ATI 3D chip and AMD cool n quite module. So I guess you need to bee big pro to make all neccessary drivers for each device to make android working :(, for example on Polaris

On your laptop, why don't you just get a LiveCD or LiveDVD? Runs the entire operating system off of a disc, no need to install anything. Just boot up, choose "boot from CD" and you're good to go. Linux = Godly

beartard

Jun 20, 2008
Winter Haven, Florida, USA
There were live CDs as long ago as 8 years. Knoppix was one of the first (and best).

Linux has come a long way since then. As long as you're not buying serial-number "1" of any piece of hardware, you should be ok nowadays.

EMERYfan1988

May 9, 2008
Virtual keyboard

hey is that a virtual keyboard that you designed for the android OS, or is that stock, cause the g1 isnt released with a virtual keyboard, and sure looks like one.... and it looks really nice...

NioX5199

Jul 21, 2008
Yeah where does this virtual keyboard comes from ??? it looks very very good but it's the first time I see it.