[rom][wip][cm10.1] Samsung Rugby Pro (SGH-I547[c]) CyanogenMod 10.1

Search This thread

kemonine96

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Due to "Real Life" I can no longer maintain this build of Cyanogenmod. Please see the Rugby Pro super thread for further info on ROMs that may be under development by others.

After a couple months and plenty of soft bricks I am pleased to bring you CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Samsung Rugby Pro

Links for download / install / other info

Thanks to TeamApexQ for all the help

System Info
device-2013-02-28-181727.png

I am not responsible for anything bad that comes to your device when using the information posted in this thread. Everything here is dangerous, may cause a brick, will void a warranty and has the potential to just plain wreak havoc. Do not complain you followed my instructions and met with a dead device. Consider yourself warned

I've tested to the best of my ability, but I am one person with one device, I cannot catch all potential failure modes. If you find a problem and a fix, or have information that should be added let me know and I will update the necessary information.

Last edited:

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Install Instructions

Install Instructions
The rom should install cleanly over a stock or non-stock rom.
  1. Install ClockWorkRecovery or TWRP (See this post for more information) Without a 3rd party recovery installation will fail
  2. Download a build from post 4
  3. Copy to sd card
  4. Wipe Data / Factory Reset (Only do this if SWITCHING ROMS)
  5. Wipe cache
  6. Wipe dalvik cache
  7. Install from zip
  8. Select build from sd card
  9. Reboot
  10. Enjoy!
  11. Install gApps as necessary. Given the nature of the installer, I will not be posting links. Check below in the thread / google.

If you need / want google accounts sync / play store / many google apps you will need the gapps installer. I will not be releasing it on this page, it is readily available via a google search

Reactions: WLF62 and tyluvsdeb

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Releases

Goo.im Mirror
There is now a goo.im mirror that will contain the latest and greatest of the items listed below. I will be updating the thread and mirroring to goo whenever there is an update. You can find the files here or within goo manager (available from the play store) under devs/kemonine/comanche/cm10.1

Builds
Alpha 5 -- CM10.1
Download Link: cm-10.1-20130315-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip
Note this build is a re-sync with upstream sources. I've not made any fixes/improvements so the status spreadsheet will not include this build.

Alpha 4 -- CM10.1
Download link: cm-10.1-20130306-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip

Alpha 3 -- CM 10.1
Download link: cm-10.1-20130228-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip

Last edited:

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Status of Features

Status: Deprecated. This build of CM for the Rugby Pro is no longer maintained.

Last edited:

bent14

Oct 10, 2012
I will install this when I get some free time, I can't stand the stock firmware. Thanks for working on this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using xda app-developers app

bent14

Oct 10, 2012
I finally flashed it on my phone, and I noticed that compass was untested. It doesn't seem to work for me, just constantly points north and says awaiting location. I tried calibrating it but no luck. Will try again later.

Sent from my SGH-I547 using xda app-developers app

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
I finally flashed it on my phone, and I noticed that compass was untested. It doesn't seem to work for me, just constantly points north and says awaiting location. I tried calibrating it but no luck. Will try again later.

Sent from my SGH-I547 using xda app-developers app

If this remains an issue after you test it again can you post back? I'll update the working/broken/untested sections as appropriate based on your feedback.

bent14

Oct 10, 2012
Yep, tried it again with a different app and it seems like north is always straight ahead.

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Thanks to childrenofthehorn it looks like I may have a way to fix bluetooth in hand. I am working on testing and will release an updated build once BT is situated.

Work has been done lately, just slow going.

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Re: [rom][wip][cm10] Samsung Rugby Pro (SGH-I547[c]) CyanogenMod 10

I successfully fixed Bluetooth tonight. Ran into a few regressions and boot issues that need to be resolved before release.

Sent from my SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bent14

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
I have managed to get BT working but broke the build. In the process of waiting for some builds I looked closer at CM10.1 and will be doing my next release as CM10.1 rather than CM10 + BT.

Keep an eye out, good things are coming :)

Reactions: maxxis and bent14

dm8a55

Jun 10, 2010
Untested
  • Tethering (BT/USB/WiFi)

Current issues
  • SD Card swap (CM10 Limitation)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Graphics flickering during UI animations
  • Compass

Working
  • WiFi
  • SMS
  • Phone
  • Mobile data
  • Wired Headphones
  • Music Playback
  • Torch
  • GPS

Graphic flickering is eliminated by checking disable HW overlays in the developer options.

Also, if you really do a figure 8 and shake the device hard, the compass moves. It only points in the right direction briefly, and then goes back to north, but it does "try" to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: bent14

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
will try it and write what is working and what not, or it is better to wait for 10.1???

Go for it :) It's my current daily while I attempt to get the LCD going on 10.1. I know it boots (the buttons light up and whatnot) but the LCD remains off for some reason.

My laptop died last week (stupid software updates) and I'm currently in the process of re-building the OS install's. Once I have it up I should be in a better position to hack on 10.1 further. I'm hoping I can get stable boot and do another release in the next couple/few weeks depending on how some of my personal life items go.

maxxis

Dec 17, 2006
Rivne
when installing it after all wipes it says
installing /sdcard/cv-10-20121230-unofficial-comanche.zip
finding upadate package...
opening update package...
installing update...
assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") == "
comanche " || getprop ("ro.build.product") == "comanche" || getprop(ro.product.device") == "SGH-I547" || getprop(ro.build.product") == "SGH-I547"
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20121230-unofficial-commanche.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted

how to fix it and how to install cyan10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to "Real Life" I can no longer maintain this build of Cyanogenmod. Please see the Rugby Pro super thread for further info on ROMs that may be under development by others.

After a couple months and plenty of soft bricks I am pleased to bring you CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Samsung Rugby Pro

Links for download / install / other info

Thanks to TeamApexQ for all the help

System Info
    device-2013-02-28-181727.png

I am not responsible for anything bad that comes to your device when using the information posted in this thread. Everything here is dangerous, may cause a brick, will void a warranty and has the potential to just plain wreak havoc. Do not complain you followed my instructions and met with a dead device. Consider yourself warned

I've tested to the best of my ability, but I am one person with one device, I cannot catch all potential failure modes. If you find a problem and a fix, or have information that should be added let me know and I will update the necessary information.

A maintenance release build is now online. There have been a number of upstream fixes that were completed. I've brought them in and built a new version of CM. The only thing I did for this release was re-sync my sources with upstream. Period.

If there are issues with bt/wifi/audio/sensors/display not doing something they used to, please let me know ASAP. There were some upstream changes that could cause underlying problems that I may not have caught in my testing.

Alpha 5 -- CM10.1
    Note this build is a re-sync with upstream sources. I've not made any fixes/improvements so the status spreadsheet will not include this build.
    Releases

Goo.im Mirror
    There is now a goo.im mirror that will contain the latest and greatest of the items listed below. I will be updating the thread and mirroring to goo whenever there is an update. You can find the files here or within goo manager (available from the play store) under devs/kemonine/comanche/cm10.1

Builds
    Alpha 5 -- CM10.1

Alpha 4 -- CM10.1
    Download link: cm-10.1-20130306-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip

Alpha 3 -- CM 10.1
    Download link: cm-10.1-20130228-UNOFFICIAL-comanche.zip
    Quick update before I forget to post again.

Work is still being done on CM for the Rugby Pro but it is slow going. Outside factors have caused me to focus on some XBMC and Arduino work.

Having said that I've started work on the next round of updates that should allow me to release an updated build in due time. Unfortunately I cannot offer any kind of time frame beyond "when it's ready". The kernel needs a lot of work to match upstream and a number of the outstanding issues need to be re validated and corrected as appropriate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 2