Android 4.4.2 NC5[D] **Wi-Fi Calling!** leak discussion..

Search This thread

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hai there guise! :)

A generous XDA member has hooked us up with a leak. They can be referred to as the Anti-Plumber, with more leaks than the Super Mario bros!

[size=+2]Brought to you by: Anti-Plumber[/size]
antiplumber.jpg

Keep in mind that in flashing this, you:
-Cannot go back to 4.3. Even if you restore a backup, the system will not boot.
-Cannot update via OTA since it will be for those on MJ4.
-You really cannot go back after flashing NAB. This is official software without an engineering bootloader (for now).

NC5 Specifics:
Going from NAB to NC5 with the updater zip, this means that it is no longer possible to go back to prior bootloaders and Android versions, such as Android 4.3. Once the software is finalized and official, I will attempt to preserve the engineering bootloader with a flashable file i will make myself. So if you want to wait on that, I would suggest not flashing this, as I cannot verify the ability to downgrade after you've got an official 4.4.2 bootloader. Any attempts to downgrade is at your own risk, and cannot be officially supported in this thread.

NC5[size=+1]D[/size] Specifics:
NC5D you ask? Yeah, there's an update from NC5 to NC5D. I have no idea what this means for us but I can only assume it's something...cool.....maybe. Below steps apply. You need to be on official NAB of course.

[size=+2]NC5(D) Instructions: (MOST RECENT)[/size]
LEGEND:
DOWNLOAD MODE: VOL+DOWN+HOME+POWER
RECOVERY MODE: VOL+UP+HOME+POWER

Make sure to be on official NAB (by flashing the NAB tar from Odin so that your binary and system are both official.)

After you're on NAB, copy SM-N900P_NAB_to_NC5.zip to your EXTERNAL SD. When done, power off your phone, and boot into STOCK recovery. From there, use the down arrows to select install from external then press the power button to confirm. Scroll down and select the copied zip, and press power to confirm.

If you have signature verification errors, you may need to reflash MJ4. It could be one of the following:
-Either your binary, system, or both are still "custom" in Odin/Android
-Incomplete zip download
-Corrupted zip

If all goes well, congrats!

[size=+2]Downloads[/size]:
Update zip: SM-N900P-NAB-to-NC5
MD5: b89fbe8ae40d6a854dcb742c274c83af

Update zip: SM-N900P-NC5-to-NC5D
MD5: cc023eab9a2f799af43837cb6541e566

OLD NAB:

Update zip: SM-N900P-MJ4-to-NAB
MD5: 8916287c390083b5affe89831fdb8542

Update zip: SM-N900P-NAB-to-NABD
MD5: 1d26d6ac74d9586bf4ce5bb5f74f6e3e

Odin TAR: N900PVPUCNAB_N900PSPTCNAB_N900PVPUCNAB_HOME ZIP ** This is a ZIP file. You must extract the TAR from this before attempting to flash with Odin**
Mirror: Mirror 1
MD5 for ZIP: 6c28b7c29ec05f7a8b0d94fd77c00bcf

Odin TWRP recovery: TWRP for Android 4.4.x ONLY
MD5: e3d69841b84a89ed129ba67b5512a95c

NA4 Instructions: OLD

LEGEND:

Make sure to be on official MJ4 (by flashing the MJ4 tar from Odin so that your binary and system are both official samsung.)

After you're on MJ4, boot back into download mode.

You will need to add the TAR to the PDA field in Odin and the PIT file to the PIT section.

Once flashed and booted into the leak, use your phone to download the SuperSU.zip from here:

http://download.chainfire.eu/381/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip

Once done, power off and boot into download mode and from here, you will need to decide if you want to auto-reboot, if so leave the box check and prepare to hold down the volume+up and home keys immediately after your phone reboots from flashing the TWRP recovery to boot into recovery. If not, uncheck the auto-reboot box and flash the TWRP recovery from the PDA slot. If you've opted to not auto-reboot, once the flash is done, you will need to hold down the power key to power off your phone and boot into recovery.

Once you've successfully flashed and have booted into TWRP recovery, go ahead and flash the SuperSU zip that you downloaded from your phone. It should be in the Download folder.

Congratulations. You now have root! Enjoy!

Release Notes:

NA4 Release Notes:
1. My Magazine Application (Samsung preload) Application Update
"Condition was not added to delete the notification properly from the notification area
Corrected the condition to prevent this issue.Kindly check in NA4 binary"
"My Magazine application prompting user to change Settings to accept updates from Unknown Sources. This is a Samsung preloaded application. Please fix so user is not prompted to change Unknown Sources.

2. Multimedia - FMRadio - NABLabs Test harness - Losing stereo audio
spk and ear mode has path setting problem. Fixed it
"Tested using the NABLabs Test harness, but also reproducible in NextRadio.
Steps:
a) Click ""Turn On"" - You can hear audio
b) Click ""Speaker"" - Audio is routed through the speakers
c) Click ""Turn Off"" - Audio stops
d) Click ""Turn On"" - Audio resumes through the speakers
e) Click ""Headset""
Expected - Audio resumes through headset in stereo (left/right)
Actual - Audio is only being played through one speaker (mono)"

3. Android - LTE Cell Identify
"Samsung device does not return correct value for these API methods and Sprint has requested Samsung to fix.
Interface: CellIdentityLte
Methods: getMcc(), getMnc(), getCi()"

NAB Release Notes:
"Some UX is changed
1. Music Album art will be displayed on the lock screen while playing music.
2. The new launcher setting menu has been added. - [Home Screen, SMS]
3. Camera shortcut is added in the Lock screen.
4. Improved the User Interface and stability"
Side note: Rollback Prevention is enabled again in NAA due to the policy modification of system security for all global Note3.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 3,474
Last edited:

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Nona-band lte :p:p:p lol

Just please make sure there is nothing in there so we can't go back to a stock rom ... hate when you try a leak and it just happens to have a stupid updated bootloader that stops you from downgrading

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: JonSCSL

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Nona-band lte :p:p:p lol

Just please make sure there is nothing in there so we can't go back to a stock rom ... hate when you try a leak and it just happens to have a stupid updated bootloader that stops you from downgrading

I told you it was coming. And all along you guys thought I was messing with you.
@freeza is digging into the vrtheme triband firmware optimization engine now.

Sit tight, we're getting KitKat and nona-band Spark +1 and everything in one insane update:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hai there guise! :)

A generous XDA member has hooked us up with a leak. They can be referred to as the Anti-Plumber, with more leaks than the Super Mario bros!

[size=+2]Brought to you by: Anti-Plumber[/size]
    antiplumber.jpg

Keep in mind that in flashing this, you:
    -You really cannot go back after flashing NAB. This is official software without an engineering bootloader (for now).

NC5 Specifics:
    Going from NAB to NC5 with the updater zip, this means that it is no longer possible to go back to prior bootloaders and Android versions, such as Android 4.3. Once the software is finalized and official, I will attempt to preserve the engineering bootloader with a flashable file i will make myself. So if you want to wait on that, I would suggest not flashing this, as I cannot verify the ability to downgrade after you've got an official 4.4.2 bootloader. Any attempts to downgrade is at your own risk, and cannot be officially supported in this thread.

NC5[size=+1]D[/size] Specifics:
    NC5D you ask? Yeah, there's an update from NC5 to NC5D. I have no idea what this means for us but I can only assume it's something...cool.....maybe. Below steps apply. You need to be on official NAB of course.

[size=+2]NC5(D) Instructions: (MOST RECENT)[/size]
    LEGEND:

Make sure to be on official NAB (by flashing the NAB tar from Odin so that your binary and system are both official.)

After you're on NAB, copy SM-N900P_NAB_to_NC5.zip to your EXTERNAL SD. When done, power off your phone, and boot into STOCK recovery. From there, use the down arrows to select install from external then press the power button to confirm. Scroll down and select the copied zip, and press power to confirm.

If you have signature verification errors, you may need to reflash MJ4. It could be one of the following:
    -Either your binary, system, or both are still "custom" in Odin/Android
    -Incomplete zip download
    -Corrupted zip

If all goes well, congrats!

Update zip: SM-N900P-NAB-to-NC5
    MD5: b89fbe8ae40d6a854dcb742c274c83af

Update zip: SM-N900P-NC5-to-NC5D
    MD5: cc023eab9a2f799af43837cb6541e566

OLD NAB:

Update zip: SM-N900P-MJ4-to-NAB
    MD5: 8916287c390083b5affe89831fdb8542

Update zip: SM-N900P-NAB-to-NABD
    MD5: 1d26d6ac74d9586bf4ce5bb5f74f6e3e

Odin TAR: N900PVPUCNAB_N900PSPTCNAB_N900PVPUCNAB_HOME ZIP ** This is a ZIP file. You must extract the TAR from this before attempting to flash with Odin**
    Mirror: Mirror 1
    MD5 for ZIP: 6c28b7c29ec05f7a8b0d94fd77c00bcf

Odin TWRP recovery: TWRP for Android 4.4.x ONLY
    MD5: e3d69841b84a89ed129ba67b5512a95c

NA4 Instructions: OLD

LEGEND:

Make sure to be on official MJ4 (by flashing the MJ4 tar from Odin so that your binary and system are both official samsung.)

After you're on MJ4, boot back into download mode.

You will need to add the TAR to the PDA field in Odin and the PIT file to the PIT section.

Once flashed and booted into the leak, use your phone to download the SuperSU.zip from here:

http://download.chainfire.eu/381/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip

Once done, power off and boot into download mode and from here, you will need to decide if you want to auto-reboot, if so leave the box check and prepare to hold down the volume+up and home keys immediately after your phone reboots from flashing the TWRP recovery to boot into recovery. If not, uncheck the auto-reboot box and flash the TWRP recovery from the PDA slot. If you've opted to not auto-reboot, once the flash is done, you will need to hold down the power key to power off your phone and boot into recovery.

Once you've successfully flashed and have booted into TWRP recovery, go ahead and flash the SuperSU zip that you downloaded from your phone. It should be in the Download folder.

Congratulations. You now have root! Enjoy!

Release Notes:

NA4 Release Notes:
    1. My Magazine Application (Samsung preload) Application Update
    "Condition was not added to delete the notification properly from the notification area
    Corrected the condition to prevent this issue.Kindly check in NA4 binary"
    "My Magazine application prompting user to change Settings to accept updates from Unknown Sources. This is a Samsung preloaded application. Please fix so user is not prompted to change Unknown Sources.

2. Multimedia - FMRadio - NABLabs Test harness - Losing stereo audio
    spk and ear mode has path setting problem. Fixed it
    "Tested using the NABLabs Test harness, but also reproducible in NextRadio.
    Steps:
    a) Click ""Turn On"" - You can hear audio
    b) Click ""Speaker"" - Audio is routed through the speakers
    c) Click ""Turn Off"" - Audio stops
    d) Click ""Turn On"" - Audio resumes through the speakers
    e) Click ""Headset""
    Expected - Audio resumes through headset in stereo (left/right)
    Actual - Audio is only being played through one speaker (mono)"

3. Android - LTE Cell Identify
    "Samsung device does not return correct value for these API methods and Sprint has requested Samsung to fix.
    Interface: CellIdentityLte
    Methods: getMcc(), getMnc(), getCi()"

NAB Release Notes:
    "Some UX is changed
    1. Music Album art will be displayed on the lock screen while playing music.
    2. The new launcher setting menu has been added. - [Home Screen, SMS]
    3. Camera shortcut is added in the Lock screen.
    4. Improved the User Interface and stability"
    Side note: Rollback Prevention is enabled again in NAA due to the policy modification of system security for all global Note3.
    Mods

For those on the leak. Ive made a few zips for the stock odexed build...

link here

Flash at your Own Risk... :)

-The extended power menu is perfect.

-The HotSpot hack will break the messaging app... But Hangouts is still working fine for MMS/SMS. I will fix the Messaging app when we get official OTA, not wasting anymore time on this mod on a leak. I know what needs to be done.. (Lots of Smali edits to get this working... Took about 8 hours)

FYI - This will not affect the UI of your system / ROM in any way, shape or form.

Have Fun, and Don't Kang, and Give Credits when they are due.
    HotSpot Cracked for NA4 - 4.4.2

KitKat 4.4.2 NA4 Leak - Hotspot Cracked by yours truly...

Ill release when we get the OTA. I am having trouble making a flashable rom zip, it always fails. and I only have deodex done... please don't PM me asking for the files, you must be deodexed for it to work.

Everything changed in this build. had to rewrite the whole method in smali to get it working properly. Sprint added a secondary check in there, that had to be coded out.

But I can confirm it works, and I am on it right now...

Screenies attached.
    New day, new leak; courtesy of our masked hero. Who's ready?

PUBLIC beta this time? :)
    If anyone would like to try the leak please PM me.

Keep in mind that in doing so you:

You will need to flash the official 4.4.2 via Odin TAR when it is available.