Watchface - Wrong time shown for 0.5 second

Search This thread

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that when you shake your wrist to wake-up the watch, or press the button, that if you have an analogue clock face, it shows the wrong time for about 0.5 a second then it quickly jumps to the right time? That is lame coding by Samsung. I know its a small issue but somehow it really affects the perception of the device!

BigDanInTX

May 19, 2009
League City, TX
I'm sure this is done to save some battery life. Only allow the watchface webpage to update if it's active.

I'm curious if it's something that could be coded against. Essentially, capture the wake event, present a black screen for one second after waking, and then update to show the correct time initially.

Not the best solution, but could be a workaround.

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
I'm sure this is done to save some battery life. Only allow the watchface webpage to update if it's active.

I'm curious if it's something that could be coded against. Essentially, capture the wake event, present a black screen for one second after waking, and then update to show the correct time initially.

Not the best solution, but could be a workaround.

Yes, the refresh order is wrong. There is no point to switch on the display so quickly if the clock content has not been refreshed yet. The "screen on" event needs to be delayed half a second from the wake event.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Time for a reset in here. Members are reminded that respect is a mandatory requirement when posting.