[Q] How to fix Wifi "Turning on" stuck when restoring hasn't helped

Search This thread

Fiztban

Dec 27, 2013
Hello xda,

Just two days ago out of the blue while transitioning from home to the train with the Tegra on off (I remember turning it off during charging before I left) as I sat down on the train I found it turned on (unusual) I didn't think much of it but since then I later noticed that my Wifi was stuck on the "Turning Wifi on" message and that the app wouldnt allow me to click the cog in the top left to return to the settings page (moreover when I click the open programs buttons it just disappears..strange) the only reason my attention was brought to this was because my Bluetooth gave me an error saying it couldnt share bluetooth anymore.

At the time I thought a simple restart would fix it but nope it didn't. My tegra is rooted but I have had no problems until now!

Since then I have done
  1. Factory data reset
  2. Cleared memory cache
  3. Factory restored using the advent factory 4.3 image http www adventcomputers co uk / product-download-select/296 (sorry first posts and I don't seem to be allowed to post links).

Right now I find myself stuck at the "Welcome" screen as after I select a language and press next the wifi tries to turn on and I cannot skip this.

Any suggestions on what I should/could try please? Is it a hardware problem like it happened with the Samsung Galaxy?

Thank you

Fiztban

Dec 27, 2013
Does anyone have a suggestion?

I am trying to compress the latest stock rom (Roms Stock 4.4.2 from rootjunkysdl) into a system.img in ext4 format so as to then place it in the automatic Vega-tegra recovery tool found at: www adventcomputers co uk / product-download-select/296

At the moment I am stuck at the fompressing a folder directory into an ext4 file .img format.

Anyone have any ideas?

The reason I am trying the above is because upon resetting it with the above mentioned recovery tool, the WiFi is still on "turning on" however with it resetting it to version 4.3 means I cannot find a way to bypass the welcome screens as it won't allow me past until I manage to connect it to the internet.

Please, any help at this point would be very much appreciated

asratxda

Jun 10, 2012
Mumbai
Does anyone have a suggestion?

I am trying to compress the latest stock rom (Roms Stock 4.4.2 from rootjunkysdl) into a system.img in ext4 format so as to then place it in the automatic Vega-tegra recovery tool found at: www adventcomputers co uk / product-download-select/296

At the moment I am stuck at the fompressing a folder directory into an ext4 file .img format.

Anyone have any ideas?

The reason I am trying the above is because upon resetting it with the above mentioned recovery tool, the WiFi is still on "turning on" however with it resetting it to version 4.3 means I cannot find a way to bypass the welcome screens as it won't allow me past until I manage to connect it to the internet.

Please, any help at this point would be very much appreciated

Try some USB 3g/4g Dongle and insert it into micro USB , then you can connect to internet via 3g/4g and see if you can get past welcome screen.
I had similar problem "wifi just showing turning on forever" with a phone. But that had happened because I had accidently deleted the "insmod" binary from "/system/bin/" folder ( actually replaced it with the one that came with "precompiled busybox-1.21.1-armv7" from busybox.net.) So at that time my phone was not able to load the "Wifi module some .ko extension file") See if you are also having this problem.

Fiztban

Dec 27, 2013
Try some USB 3g/4g Dongle and insert it into micro USB , then you can connect to internet via 3g/4g and see if you can get past welcome screen.
I had similar problem "wifi just showing turning on forever" with a phone. But that had happened because I had accidently deleted the "insmod" binary from "/system/bin/" folder ( actually replaced it with the one that came with "precompiled busybox-1.21.1-armv7" from busybox.net.) So at that time my phone was not able to load the "Wifi module some .ko extension file") See if you are also having this problem.

Thank you for your reply, my tegra is not set up for 3/4G as far as I know, wouldnt connecting a dongle require some app installation?

aimeymarie

Dec 23, 2014
wifi stuck at "turning on" for months

Hi
My tablet turned off and on then would not connect to wifi it gets stuck at turning on amd i cannot press any buttons to turn it on.
I have reset. Put in airplane mode and finally factory reset so now it asks to connect at Welcome page but still shows turning on.
I have not rooted or am not technically savvy i just know the basics but i do not know what to do and cannot use my tablet at all!!
Please help!!

NCSUZoSo

Aug 3, 2013
North Carolina
Hi
My tablet turned off and on then would not connect to wifi it gets stuck at turning on amd i cannot press any buttons to turn it on.
I have reset. Put in airplane mode and finally factory reset so now it asks to connect at Welcome page but still shows turning on.
I have not rooted or am not technically savvy i just know the basics but i do not know what to do and cannot use my tablet at all!!
Please help!!

You are having one of the symptoms of a bad OTA update/Flash/etc.

I described my problem in detail here: http://xdaforums.com/nvidia-tegra-note-7/help/help-tablet-stuck-fastboot-t2967999

Today I plan to work on it, I'll let you know if I get it going again with Wireless and what I had to do.

Reactions: aimeymarie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    Please help!!

You are having one of the symptoms of a bad OTA update/Flash/etc.

I described my problem in detail here: http://xdaforums.com/nvidia-tegra-note-7/help/help-tablet-stuck-fastboot-t2967999

Today I plan to work on it, I'll let you know if I get it going again with Wireless and what I had to do.