Search This thread

nekographic

Mar 11, 2011
So, a couple of days ago my phone stopped vibrating. Guessing it might be a problem with the rom I had at the time (ViperOne_5.5.1) I decided to download the updated version and flash it. Flashing was fine and again, everything worked fine but the vibration. So I thought of installing another rom to see if it was Viper causing the problems so I installed Android Revolution, still nothing.
I've now reverted back to Viper and after hours of research into this and installing several apps that would, supposedely, fix the problem, I gave up and reached the conclusion that it must be a hardware fault. But lo and behold, my phone vibrated twice today. Once this afternoon and again just a couple of minutes ago. I've been texting and receiving calls and emails all day long but these were the only times when it actually vibrated.
So my question is, does anyone have any idea of what's going on with my phone? And if so, is there any some sort of a solution to this?

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Hardware. It will eventually completely go. Mine died completely pretty early on

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
I sent mine in because the usb port on the phone burnt out :p if you really want it fixed you can send it in for repair

nekographic

Mar 11, 2011
I sent mine in because the usb port on the phone burnt out :p if you really want it fixed you can send it in for repair

lol everything else is fine with my phone, it's just really annoying that it doesn't vibrate anymore as most of the time, both indoors and outdoors, I'm listening to music and won't actually hear notifications. Do you know if HTC will repair it if it's rooted? I don't actually have a warranty for the phone so I'm not too sure about sending it to a 3rd party repair shop that'll probably overcharge me.

Fain11

Dec 30, 2011
Motorola One Action
So, a couple of days ago my phone stopped vibrating. Guessing it might be a problem with the rom I had at the time (ViperOne_5.5.1) I decided to download the updated version and flash it. Flashing was fine and again, everything worked fine but the vibration. So I thought of installing another rom to see if it was Viper causing the problems so I installed Android Revolution, still nothing.
I've now reverted back to Viper and after hours of research into this and installing several apps that would, supposedely, fix the problem, I gave up and reached the conclusion that it must be a hardware fault. But lo and behold, my phone vibrated twice today. Once this afternoon and again just a couple of minutes ago. I've been texting and receiving calls and emails all day long but these were the only times when it actually vibrated.
So my question is, does anyone have any idea of what's going on with my phone? And if so, is there any some sort of a solution to this?

The phone must vibrate when you full restart, if it doesnt, then it's a hardware problem.
I had such a problem, and sent it to repair under warranty.
Yet, i had to get back to full stock.
Good luck!

Bravoexo

Mar 11, 2010
Mine came back from repair for some other thing, and I noticed right away the vibrate function on my handset is way too much. (Rear module camera was changed, I guess it carried a new vibrate module with it?)

nekographic

Mar 11, 2011
I'm just sending mine for repairs once I'm back from holiday. Really disappointed though, the phone is barely 3 months old.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app